Have to say this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Have to say this

Disposal and running power are the reasons he was left out
And we had Jones and Gresham playing inside

Is he a better player than Crouch and Steele?

Jones and Gresham come in, who is left out of the centre square?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:17pm Disposal and running power are the reasons he was left out

They can't all stay on the field 100% of the time. There is room in the side for Dunny along with all the others you mentioned.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:17pm Disposal and running power are the reasons he was left out

Steele and Crouch are the clear 1 and 2.

Jones looks very good when he’s up and running.

I’d play Gresh more forward than in the middle.

Dunstan is ahead of Ross.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sanctorum
Club Player

The best part of the strong win over Richmond for me was the return to form of Nick Coffield, playing half-back which is where he shone in 2020 when the team had one of the best defence combinations in the comp with Howard, Wilkie, Patton and Coffield. Sinclair has done a superb job replacing "the General".

In the post-match commentary on ABC Radio one of the panellists mentioned that it was quite clear that Luke Dunstan is an inside-mid because that is where he is able to extract the ball from the tap-out and get it to Steele, Crouch, Jones, Ross and other outside mids lining up to send the ball forward, and he did that superbly on Friday night.

I also admit that I thought his papers might have been stamped, but on recent performance he deserves a spot in the best 22, even when Gresham recovers from injury. Let's hope he maintains this form and secures a new contract.

Ben Long played much better in the forward line and that's where he should stay to get the best out of him, he's got a bit of a x-factor about him, would like to see him take a speccy and goal as he has done once or twice in the past.

Can't say the same about DMac, despite his 2 goals - he is certainly not in the team's best 22 if a full list is available, but as he has another year on his contract I guess he will stay on the list.

As for the comment by Vazelos that "I am hearing Ross is very angry with the club", that would have to be about the leak, presumably by an off-field staff member, to Caroline Wilson that sensationalised the story of him and Membrey missing the game in Cairns to be with their families.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:51pm
t

As for the comment by Vazelos that "I am hearing Ross is very angry with the club", that would have to be about the leak, presumably by an off-field staff member, to Caroline Wilson that sensationalised the story of him and Membrey missing the game in Cairns to be with their families.
And that person should be sacked....immediately.

I would also put a ban on club officials if not players talking to that despicable human being.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:57pm
Sanctorum wrote: Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:51pm
t

And that person should be sacked....immediately.

I would also put a ban on club officials if not players talking to that despicable human being.
Saynta,

Enough sitting on the fence.
What do you really think about Caroline Wilson…? :D

Personally, I find the Damian Barretts of the world, more phoney. They take any crack in the wall for some leverage, to pivot themselves into cleaner air, while the rest of us rabble about in the dissonance.

Ross didn’t try to miss one game, he wanted yo eliminate the risk of getting stuck.

Fair enough…good father…bla bla…

The Barrett’s will make our shame for feeling any dissonance or pain. And expressing it, ‘how dare they!’ …putting footy before family etc., well Damian , you’ll be out of a job quick sticks mate, and you’ll have to sell the muscle car, if fans don’t feel that dissonance….

We beat Adelaide we are equal 8th…I don’t blame Ross, but there is no doubt a price to pay.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!