Ins vs Swines- your opinions please

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ins vs Swines- your opinions please

Does it mean poor hardworking Wilkie has to take on Buddy with Connolly on one side to support him and Sincs the other. 1000th goal could be on if our mids do their usual performance of letting their opponents run pretty much where ever.

You might think Clavarino and Joyce have to come in.

Webster on Papley? Be interesting.

Looking forward to seeing how we try to hold the Swans up. Big test for coaching group.

Won't Hickey on Hunter be so ironic. If ever there is a player that demonstrates conclusively Richo was not a good coach its Hickey is it not. Has blossomed out of the shadow of that guy.

Thing is it really shows up our lack of depth. Bytel's big chance to make a statement however if he gets in and should do.

We will see if the playing side has heart and are in it for Ratts. I feared the Adelaide loss showed they were not, but there was a slight recovery.

Membrey behind the ball all game. Butler and Higgins will need to take all half chances, no fluffing lines this week or it will be ugly. Leave Long in as he is an x factor and may disrupt Swans well choreographed moves.

Be good to see how Sharman goes against a terrific defence and how much Billings is missed. This game should tell us a lot about a number of players and the coaches and be good info for the future.

Ross to forward line. Good DMac is back.

Go Saints. Please.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

No clavarino
Unbelievable
Just unbelievable

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Didn’t Hickey play any good games at StK??

I seem to remember him having a couple of good years!

His body let him down for a couple of years though

Marshall went ok under Richo? Or does that just mean Rowan is a good player?!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Thu 05 Aug 2021 8:26pm No clavarino
Unbelievable
Just unbelievable
Well… it’s a huge opportunity for Joyce.

We can’t keep saying ‘oh he’s new and inexperienced’. He’s 5-6 years in, in his prime and the team needs him

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: Thu 05 Aug 2021 5:21pm
The Fireman wrote: Thu 05 Aug 2021 2:30pm I personally could not be more disinterested

Without Ryder we probably wouldn’t have won the games we did

I’m going out sat night and for the first time that I can remember I couldn’t care less
You're probably not going anywhere Saturday night. Another lockdown coming tonight!
If I'm locked down ,watching the Saints would only add to my woes.

we are a disgrace atm.... i have tried to ignore or forget but I just can't

Can't .... we Lost to Carlton ffs... Carlton.

My beloved Saints have once again turned to $hit and I honestly believe we feel the pain more than them.

Lockdown ? are the Olympics still on ?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Could've done with more experience and proven performers.

Experience = Hannebery, Frawley
Proven Performers at Sandy = Bytel

Looking at this team on paper, and then looking at the team turning out for the Swans tomorrow night, I think we could very well lose this one by almost 100 points.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm surprised by no Clavarino but they chose Joyce so this is either Joyce's last chance or they believe they are a final's chance and do not wish to gift games.

I'm thinking they are hedging their bets. This will be a game for some to increase their value (at other clubs) & others to be offered any kind of contract renewal.

I think Clav is safe but Lonie is in strife.

It may well work in our favour this game. Funnier things have happened, like losing to Adelaide & Carlton (perhaps not that funny).

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 6:30pm I'm surprised by no Clavarino but they chose Joyce so this is either Joyce's last chance or they believe they are a final's chance and do not wish to gift games.

I'm thinking they are hedging their bets. This will be a game for some to increase their value (at other clubs) & others to be offered any kind of contract renewal.

It may well work in our favour this game. Funnier things have happened, like losing to Adelaide & Carlton (perhaps not that funny).
I can’t imagine Oscar is safe at all. He’s played something like three games in a team decimated by injury. I like him but IMO he’s gone

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 6:43pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 6:30pm I'm surprised by no Clavarino but they chose Joyce so this is either Joyce's last chance or they believe they are a final's chance and do not wish to gift games.

I can’t imagine Oscar is safe at all. He’s played something like three games in a team decimated by injury. I like him but IMO he’s gone
Time will tell, I'm guessing they are wanting a harder, more developed & quicker body than what Clav currently owns...but now knows what's required for 2022.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Clav played ok against Eagles, should keep him in good standing. Seems Joyce has been outstanding for Zebras and he is a good size. Ratts said Bytel is kept out by Dunstan. Might have slipped Ratts mind that Kent is still in. ( aside: hope Dean can start one grabbing the ball Saturday night).

saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 6:18pm Could've done with more experience and proven performers.

Looking at this team on paper, and then looking at the team turning out for the Swans tomorrow night, I think we could very well lose this one by almost 100 points.
Not quite.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 09 Aug 2021 10:40pm
samuraisaint wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 6:18pm Could've done with more experience and proven performers.

Not quite.
Very happy to be wrong on this one.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Tue 10 Aug 2021 12:45am

Not quite.
8-) :D :lol: :wink:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Tue 10 Aug 2021 12:45am

Not quite.
Don't worry samurai, the Saints give you more than enough opportunities of being right.