Nathan Kreuger?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nathan Kreuger?

Does he play like Freddy?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 2:03pm Does he play like Freddy?
I think opposition teams would have a hard time coping with that...
Both onfield and in the dream realm

damienc
Club Player

darylcowie wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 10:58am He looks like a taller, less mobile version of Wilkie, so he could fit the bill at CHB.
I suggest you look at his highlights reel. He is both mobile and quick. Also has very good marking skills. No accident that the club is into him.

Saints58
Club Player

What about a guy from Richmond called Ben Miller 22 198cm 93kg 1 game I don't know much about him but he is KPB

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 6:08am
bigcarl wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 12:02pm Interesting about Dunstan. I could have sworn I saw it reported he won’t be offered a new contract. Good if he stays. I rate him. He’s a good, strong inside mid. Perhaps Ratts thinks we have a surfeit of this type of player and prefers others if fit.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he picks up a few Brownlow votes tonight. At worst, he is excellent depth.
Don't agree at all re Dunny.

He has had 6 mediocre years and has hardly improved.

He calmness under pressure is non-existent and his kicking is 50/50 - even with plenty of time.

He was on the outs but had a very lucky circumstance with injuries where he got another chance. He busted a gut and played 3 good games but even then his last 2 games reverted to type - poor disposal and decision making.
Eleven Brownlow votes - second to Steele for St Kilda - suggests that the umpires saw something that the club doesn’t see.

That’s okay, Ratts is the one who lives and dies by the decisions and perhaps he thinks we are well covered for that type of player. Let’s hope Bytel grabs the chance next season and develops quickly.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 21 Sep 2021 11:56am
minneapolis wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 6:08am
bigcarl wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 12:02pm Interesting about Dunstan. I could have sworn I saw it reported he won’t be offered a new contract. Good if he stays. I rate him. He’s a good, strong inside mid. Perhaps Ratts thinks we have a surfeit of this type of player and prefers others if fit.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he picks up a few Brownlow votes tonight. At worst, he is excellent depth.
Don't agree at all re Dunny.

He has had 6 mediocre years and has hardly improved.

He calmness under pressure is non-existent and his kicking is 50/50 - even with plenty of time.

He was on the outs but had a very lucky circumstance with injuries where he got another chance. He busted a gut and played 3 good games but even then his last 2 games reverted to type - poor disposal and decision making.
Eleven Brownlow votes - second to Steele for St Kilda - suggests that the umpires saw something that the club doesn’t see.

That’s okay, Ratts is the one who lives and dies by the decisions and perhaps he thinks we are well covered for that type of player. Let’s hope Bytel grabs the chance next season and develops quickly.
It is a bit annoying that Dunstan goes and Hannebery stays… am pretty confident as to who will be better value next year and don’t think we’re on the right side of it

Saints58
Club Player

Maybe we should look at Michael Hartley delisted Hawthorn 28 199cm 100kg 49 games I know he was delisted but might be a cheap backup for a couple of years.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Saints58 wrote: Tue 21 Sep 2021 6:20pm Maybe we should look at Michael Hartley delisted Hawthorn 28 199cm 100kg 49 games I know he was delisted but might be a cheap backup for a couple of years.
I can hear the scraping of the barrel from here.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Saints58 wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 10:59pm What about a guy from Richmond called Ben Miller 22 198cm 93kg 1 game I don't know much about him but he is KPB
What about a 22yo, 195cm, 96kg KPB who's played 7 games? St Kilda just cut him, so should not cost much? 😉

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

According to media gossip Kreuger is expected to nominate Collingwood as his preferred destination.

How will they get him, they need to sell the Holden Centre to pay for Daicos.

Will the Cats deal in future pick's ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Tue 21 Sep 2021 7:08pm According to media gossip Kreuger is expected to nominate Collingwood as his preferred destination.

How will they get him, they need to sell the Holden Centre to pay for Daicos.

Will the Cats deal in future pick's ?
Even if he chose us it would have to involve a 2022 draft pick, unless we did a player swap with someone like Battle or Ross.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Well if we are negotiating, what if we agreed to a package: we take, as is, all of Nathan, Jack Steven and G. Rohan off their hands. Rohan can give the backs confidence in practice and help fitness staff research hamstring injuries and choking syndrome. Jack can stay where he is and be happy but really end his career as a Saint. Individual contracts to be determined.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 21 Sep 2021 6:34pm
Saints58 wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 10:59pm What about a guy from Richmond called Ben Miller 22 198cm 93kg 1 game I don't know much about him but he is KPB
What about a 22yo, 195cm, 96kg KPB who's played 7 games? St Kilda just cut him, so should not cost much? 😉
Well said.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... dca4664b72

"Geelong is poised to lose two of its most-promising young players, with Jordan Clark on the cusp of requesting a trade.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.

Geelong swingman Nathan Kreuger is expected to join Collingwood on a three-year deal after requesting a trade from the Cats.

The Herald Sun revealed this year that the Pies had gone hard last year with a three-year deal which he ultimately rebuffed to stay loyal to Geelong.

Watch Fox Footy’s massive line-up of Grand Final week coverage on Kayo including live pre-game, halftime and post-game coverage with full analysis from the best team in the business. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free >

But after playing only two games this year — the only games of his three-year career — the long-kicking forward wants to join the Pies.

Geelong is mounting a last-ditch effort to get him to change his mind but he can see the opportunities at Collingwood in their forward line.
Nathan Kreuger has told the Cats he wants to be a Pie. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images
Nathan Kreuger has told the Cats he wants to be a Pie. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

The 196cm South Australian would love to play as a forward but with four key position forwards ahead of him at Geelong he was played down back at times.

St Kilda also spoke with Kreuger during the past week but he was keen to get to Collingwood given they need another forward to support Brody Mihocek and Darcy Cameron.

His deal will be based purely on opportunities and a longer deal rather than money but there was no guarantee he would have secured more opportunities next year.

Charlie Constable has no suitors apart from Geelong so seems likely to sign another contract after dominating VFL but being unable to crack into the senior side.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on Foxtel Find out more

Quinton Narkle signed a new one-year deal but top-20 draft pick Jordan Clark is likely to request a trade to Fremantle after meeting with coach Justin Longmuir last week.

It has been a turbulent past few weeks for Geelong, which has lost assistant coaches Matthew Knights and Corey Enright after the heavy defeat to Melbourne in the preliminary final.
Jordan Clark is expected to request a trade to Fremantle."