Goodwin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goodwin

saynta wrote: Wed 09 Feb 2022 9:31am
Scollop wrote: Wed 09 Feb 2022 1:14am There are some teams in the history of our great game who win flags despite the coach

Obviously he played a part, but I reckon without Choco they wouldn't have had the year they did or been able to get out of tricky situations like the one they encountered in the first part of that third quarter in the GF. The other people involved in the club including the blokes who put together that list and the head recruiters deserve a lot more praise than Simon

Personally, I wouldn't be using the phrase "Goodwin won them a flag"
Looks like Choco and Richo played a huge part in that flag, so I have to agree with you.
Let's not re write history, the Bulldogs where shafted in the finals series with covid rules, that 3rd quarter fade out by the Dogs was a direct result of covid BS they endured for the whole 4 weeks of the finals and were even severally compromised right up until the eve of GF. It made Melbourne look better than they really were. Asterisk next to Melbourne's flag for mine.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 09 Feb 2022 1:14am There are some teams in the history of our great game who win flags despite the coach

Obviously he played a part, but I reckon without Choco they wouldn't have had the year they did or been able to get out of tricky situations like the one they encountered in the first part of that third quarter in the GF. The other people involved in the club including the blokes who put together that list and the head recruiters deserve a lot more praise than Simon

Including the contribution by St Kilda.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Like all the guys who reckon that he should be excused just because he coached a premiership would love to work for a guy like that! :roll:

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 09 Feb 2022 10:08am

Looks like Choco and Richo played a huge part in that flag, so I have to agree with you.
Let's not re write history, the Bulldogs where shafted in the finals series with covid rules, that 3rd quarter fade out by the Dogs was a direct result of covid BS they endured for the whole 4 weeks of the finals and were even severally compromised right up until the eve of GF. It made Melbourne look better than they really were. Asterisk next to Melbourne's flag for mine.
Got any evidence to back up your ridiculous statement?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 09 Feb 2022 12:05pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 09 Feb 2022 10:08am

Got any evidence to back up your ridiculous statement?
Why don't you go farg yaself with ya pretend laywer facades Stinger.