I Give Up!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rubyjo
Club Player

Re: I Give Up!!!

Collingwood have a new coach and some great players ...I think people here are underestimating them and we looked rusty and hopefully better for the run.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 8:40am I reckon I moved to a new psychological state supporting the Saints last night: Acceptance...I just don't care as much.
Since I Gave Up Hope I Feel A Lot Better

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Ratts said 'why not us?'

We all know a bunch of reasons...
Kent
Ross
Hill
Higgins inaccuracy
Butler like a headless chook, lost his 2020 mojo
King can't mark cleanly
Howard isn't an elite defender, but he's the best we have
Gresh underdone
Crouch 27 possies but none of them helped the team

No real mongrel and hunger amongst the players (well, they had hunger enough to get within a goal or so)

Coaches who have no idea

Have I missed anything?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Let's see what Rathen does with the team next Sunday, that'll give us more of an idea of where we are at.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
DJ Higgins
Club Player

We didn’t win against a better team so you give up?? Please. Pies midfield is better than ours. Especially without Jones speed and we have no key defender so we are going to leak goals a lot this yeargane plan is good getting the ball past half way and then we have issues but that can be fixed I hope.

And I would not have played Owens or Hayes. I was right on one of them and so very wrong in the other. But on a plus bith have a game under their belts plus ring rust gone now, bring in next week

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

I have too come to the conclusion that at 64 years of age that I will not see another St.Kilda premiership.
To me, what's wrong is that this club reeks of failure from top to bottom and an acceptance of mediocrity.
The only way that stench is going to be removed is for a group of highly motivated with great credentials to take over the club and drag it kicking and screaming into a successful era where mediocrity is not acceptable.
There was a quote from the Melbourne game the other night by the commentators where they said everyone on the Melbourne list knows the system to play and if you don't play the system, you don't play at all.
I'm tired of seeing everyone else win premierships and not us and right now, we don't even have a premiership window, it's just a Bruck wall.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:49pm We didn’t win against a better team so you give up?? Please. Pies midfield is better than ours. Especially without Jones speed and we have no key defender so we are going to leak goals a lot this yeargane plan is good getting the ball past half way and then we have issues but that can be fixed I hope.

And I would not have played Owens or Hayes. I was right on one of them and so very wrong in the other. But on a plus bith have a game under their belts plus ring rust gone now, bring in next week
ring rust gone, how did they get rid of that ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 6:01pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:49pm We didn’t win against a better team so you give up?? Please. Pies midfield is better than ours. Especially without Jones speed and we have no key defender so we are going to leak goals a lot this year game plan is good getting the ball past half way and then we have issues but that can be fixed I hope.

And I would not have played Owens or Hayes. I was right on one of them and so very wrong in the other. But on a plus both have a game under their belts plus ring rust gone now for the whole team, bring on next week
ring rust gone, how did they get rid of that ?
poorly worded. I meant that whole team has had their first hit out.

happy feet
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:53pm I have too come to the conclusion that at 64 years of age that I will not see another St.Kilda premiership.
To me, what's wrong is that this club reeks of failure from top to bottom and an acceptance of mediocrity.
The only way that stench is going to be removed is for a group of highly motivated with great credentials to take over the club and drag it kicking and screaming into a successful era where mediocrity is not acceptable.
There was a quote from the Melbourne game the other night by the commentators where they said everyone on the Melbourne list knows the system to play and if you don't play the system, you don't play at all.
I'm tired of seeing everyone else win premierships and not us and right now, we don't even have a premiership window, it's just a Bruck wall.
We had our chance and Butterrs stuffed it up.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:53pm I have too come to the conclusion that at 64 years of age that I will not see another St.Kilda premiership.
We had our chance and Butterrs stuffed it up.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I remember playing VAFA a long time ago, if you made a critical error, you got dragged and got yelled at.

Remember Craig Devonport getting dragged by Ken Sheldon?
Remember guys getting sent to the bench and picking up the phone and the coach screaming down the line?
Camera showing coach yelling on phone with veins in neck bulging?

What happened to that?
New Age kumbaya and happy thoughts now?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:34pm Ratts said 'why not us?'

Kent
Ross
Hill
Higgins inaccuracy
King can't mark cleanly
Gresh underdone

No real mongrel and hunger amongst the players (well, they had hunger enough to get within a goal or so)

Coaches who have no idea

Have I missed anything?
I’d be happy if you sent that to Ratten. I’d love to see his response … because it’s irrefutable.

Go you red, black & white warriors
seano1
Club Player

People pissed that we didn’t get Ben King …..we don’t use Max right ! Just cause his a tall unit he’s not going to mark much with every player trying to man handle him bump him his career will be short through injuries……spread the forward line out so he has more of a chance . Our mids didn’t help the defence last night and yes first game but i fear that it’s contract talks are done with a don’t come back next year

seano1
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 10:33pm I remember playing VAFA a long time ago, if you made a critical error, you got dragged and got yelled at.

Remember Craig Devonport getting dragged by Ken Sheldon?
Remember guys getting sent to the bench and picking up the phone and the coach screaming down the line?
Camera showing coach yelling on phone with veins in neck bulging?

What happened to that?
New Age kumbaya and happy thoughts now?
Spot on , would like to see it , even in the confines of the rooms were they’re all given a roasting

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 10:41pm
WellardSaint wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:34pm Ratts said 'why not us?'

Kent
Ross
Hill
Higgins inaccuracy
King can't mark cleanly
Gresh underdone

Coaches who have no idea

Have I missed anything?
I’d be happy if you sent that to Ratten. I’d love to see his response … because it’s irrefutable.
Gonna print it and send to Saints twitter as a jpeg or pdf

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:49pm But on a plus bith have a game under their belts plus ring rust gone now, bring in next week
I get what you meant - it is a Boxing/Muay Thai term:
https://www.muay-thai-guy.com/blog/what ... 20competed.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 2:01pm I rarely agree with football commentators but Gerard Whately is bang on with this:

"Round 1 is glorious for overreactions and it's notorious for misreads. But it's hard to sit here this morning feeling optimistic about St Kilda."

Our footy club was given the perfect opportunity to make a statement of intent about season 2022.

After the disaster of 2021 they owed it to everyone who stood by them and continues to support the club, even though they keep giving every reason not to.

Not a season defining performance last night. Way too early for that. You expect a bit of rust but you are also entitled to expect a lot more than was delivered last night.

I am hard pressed to avoid thinking this could be a repeat of last year. I tell myself one game doesn't define a season. They will get better.

Maybe.

But even if you will yourself to be a supreme optimist about our footy club there were very worrying signs from last night.

The filth are not top 8. Not even close. But we were nowhere near them last night. The scoreboard margin was flattering. They were on top for most of the game.

It's not worth dissecting quarter by quarter in pedantic detail. Our performance is not worth the analysis.

I will say this: our greatest, glaringly, obvious weakness is our game plan. We don't have one. Or whatever it is, it isn't working. Not even close. The stronger clubs will take us apart based on how we played last night.

So, that becomes a profound question for our coaching staff. It won't take long for it to be answered. One way or another.

I'm a big fan of Brett Ratten. I like him as a person but this year he is well and truly on notice.

No more excuses. No more benefits of the doubt.

The club won't tolerate another year like 2021. Neither will the supporters.
This is a great post and I couldn’t agree more. We’re treading water at best.

Frankly tho I’ve given up caring. This club has continually robbed me of my dreams of succes…any hope of future riches was lost long ago

I just don’t see the talent in our list. We are just mid range toilers.

#1 Ryder fan
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Hard to disagree with the above