What if the AFL enticed us with............?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: What if the AFL enticed us with............?

The Fireman wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 11:03am Hey Sunny what if I offered you a pkt of crisps...would you relocate ?

PS what flavour ?
:wink:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Meanwhile, on planet reality:
No decision has been made - even a time frame? on forming a Tasmanian side.
Unlikely other clubs will endorse.
Those promoting the idea have no viable business plan and no long term skin in the game - just a sort of wouldn't it be nice, don't Tassie deserve it vibe.
The rest of Australia already greatly subsidises Tasmania so it can have the quality of life/facilities it has. Is it getting to the stage where Australia is getting a bit subsidy weary in regard to wants rather than needs? yes/no? So Tassie Govt. pledges GST it effectively gets from other states to pay for a footy team while its can't finance hospital/emergency services. Seems reasonable.
The economics just don't stack up. Broadcasters don't seem keen. The logistics, weather, game standards in cold and wet - play has to be in the day?
Covid lists top up: how's that going (Eagles?). It appears there are not enough good players to fill existing lists let alone start another side.
From the history of Sydney, Bears, the Demetriou Suns it will take at least a decade to compete for finals. So why it it a thing and around it goes again. What's wrong with our comp overall.
The premise of the question is rather presumptuous, I think. Take the chips and an anti troll pill.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Tassie want their OWN team!

If a team relocates, they will not get the full support of the Tasmanians who all have a current team.

Ie/
I currently barrack for StK

If a Tas team comes in in their own right I will barrack for them and StK would be my second team

If the Kangaroos went to Tas I wouldn’t support them (can’t bring myself to support a current AFL teams colours) and I would continue to support StKilda

Relocation only works in a non footy state where you are garnering new support
But not in a footy state where people already have allegiance and hate other clubs!