Tim Taranto???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tim Taranto???

B.M wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 4:57pm O Halleron and Bruhn would come cheap because they are untried and obviously not great (no better than Bytel or Byrnes)

We need great players not more GOPs

Doubt Geary and Ryder are on massive coin

Hannebery will give us some space but I’m guessing King and Steele would have nice contracts as would Crouch and Howard
I read on BF that Gallagher had put together the cash to attract Ben King and now that has fallen through we will have space to buy in other player/s. Geary was our joint captain last year I think you would be surprised at what he is still earning?

Taranto is proven and would have an immediate impact, but there are very few midfield players who are super stars in their developing years. I just used OHallaron 2018 & Bruhn 2020 (drafts) as examples, but GWS have 15 potential midfield options on their list. Its about looking to bring in players with the potential to become a first 18 player and add to our list. Jack Steele was a fringe player at GWS now he is a two time All Australian.

You may be right Bytel who is from OHalloran's draft year may become a player, likewise Byrnes but we need big bodied talented mids who we can rely on at centre & stoppage clearances as they are so important to winning games.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 6:35pm
B.M wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 4:57pm O Halleron and Bruhn would come cheap because they are untried and obviously not great (no better than Bytel or Byrnes)

Hannebery will give us some space but I’m guessing King and Steele would have nice contracts as would Crouch and Howard
I read on BF that Gallagher had put together the cash to attract Ben King and now that has fallen through we will have space to buy in other player/s.
Now, there's a f****** joke. Most posters on BF wouldn't know their arse from their elbow, so I doubt Gags was putting the cash together to buy anyone a year out. Analise your statement to see how f****** ridiculous it really is.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

This mentality of continuously trading our picks for other teams cast offs has to stop. Instead, recruit a gun recruiter and take all of our picks to the draft and nail them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 6:56pm

I read on BF that Gallagher had put together the cash to attract Ben King and now that has fallen through we will have space to buy in other player/s.
Now, there's a f****** joke. Most posters on BF wouldn't know their arse from their elbow, so I doubt Gags was putting the cash together to buy anyone a year out. Analise your statement to see how f****** ridiculous it really is.
I get the distinct feeling you got booted from there Saynta?

King only resigned a month ago - it would have been negligence and poor management if Gaggs didnt ask the question and have the cap in place to manage the offer. Im sure the club actually plans years in advance to manage their player and football dept salary caps.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 7:40pm

King only resigned a month ago - it would have been negligence and poor management if Gaggs didnt ask the question and have the cap in place to manage the offer. Im sure the club actually plans years in advance to manage their player and football dept salary caps.
Not true. Still registered over there but never post. Stick with what I say. Big footy is trash.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If Owens, Windhager, and NWM show enormous growth this year why would you bother? Coughing up first round draft picks at this point is not the answer. And that's what we'd have to do to get Taranto.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 03 Apr 2022 10:52am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 02 Apr 2022 7:40pm

Not true. Still registered over there but never post. Stick with what I say. Big footy is trash.
Hey Syanta, I'm starting to think you might just be Joffaboy also known as Bunk_Moreland in disguise!!!!!?????

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Now I know you’re SP for sure.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saintmike65
Club Player

Good player Taranto but not the type we need.
Required is a power mid with explosive traits…should already have one in Petracca!
Taranto fairly one paced and would cost too much in a trade plus salary.
De Goey would be ideal but too much baggage & prone to injury.