Team v Giants Webster for Lienert

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Team v Giants Webster for Lienert

Lienert v Webster

Note: Lienert only 75% game time !!

Very, very unlucky. Webster might be better suited to Toby Greene (or a backup to whoever is on Greene)?
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S
Last edited by samoht on Fri 22 Apr 2022 10:41am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 10:33am Lienert v Webster

Note: Lienert only 75% game time !!

Very, very unlucky.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S
Thanks samoht. Can someone explain to me how a player can have 82% disposal efficiency compared to 74% DE yet have nearly twice as many clangers, 3.8 to 2.0?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I said that Lienert is unlucky but I do believe the conditions and GWS likely going smaller may have played a role. I also believe those conditions, along with midfield strength being the GWS one wood has made keeping Windhager a must. His game in poor conditions for Sandy prior to his promotion was amazing, forcing the selectors to pick him.

older saint
SS Life Member

Like for like swap.
I really applaud this philosophy - was used with Howard for Joyce earlier in the year and even Hayes and Ryder to some extent. Good teams have systems they play to and players have roles in the system. Swapping say a Webster for a Windy (for example) puts someone in a role that they are not necessarily used to . Some players can fill multiple roles and that is great, however Richmond 2019 was a great example of this type of position .

Yes a lot easier with more of your list available.

Touch wood will like ti in a couple weeks when Billings and Clark are added to the available list. Adding Jones, Billings and Clark to the side is a good position to be in . Attrition will see someone get hurt or perhaps younger guys need a spell but Ryder back next week - and that isn't even considering Highmore, Gear, Brynes, Bytel. Starting to get depth and not top up depth but depth with room to grow

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 10:44am I said that Lienert is unlucky but I do believe the conditions and GWS likely going smaller may have played a role. I also believe those conditions, along with midfield strength being the GWS one wood has made keeping Windhager a must. His game in poor conditions for Sandy prior to his promotion was amazing, forcing the selectors to pick him.

If you mean weather conditions, the forecast for the game is actually pretty good.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Typical autumn day in Canberra, Sunny with temp around 16 to 18 degrees. Cold and freezing at night with heavy dew. Night temp 5 to 7 degrees.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 22 Apr 2022 12:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 12:20pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 10:44am I said that Lienert is unlucky but I do believe the conditions and GWS likely going smaller may have played a role. I also believe those conditions, along with midfield strength being the GWS one wood has made keeping Windhager a must. His game in poor conditions for Sandy prior to his promotion was amazing, forcing the selectors to pick him.

If you mean weather conditions, the forecast for the game is actually pretty good.
That's good to hear. I always associate conditions in Canberra as damp, frosty and slippery. Perhaps I should leave politics out of it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 12:48pm
saintsRrising wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 12:20pm

That's good to hear. I always associate conditions in Canberra as damp, frosty and slippery. Perhaps I should leave politics out of it.
People love to put s*** on Canberra because of its pollies.

But as the locals like to point out, the pollies are not their pollies, they are ours. As in the rest of Australia.

Yeah there are some creepy slippery pollies but they belong to Victoria, NSW, Qld etc. but they are not ACT residents.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I dont believe GWS have gone any shorter in their F50 than previous weeks, they have named Stein 195cms & Flynn 2nd ruckman on their bench who will play forward. There will be a heavy dew and it will be cool down to 7° overnight, so teams will need to adjust. Hopefully our talls in particular can adapt to the slippery ball.

TBH I believe any code programming night games between April to September in Canberra is a mistake. Anzac Day as a general rule is when Canberrans turn on their heaters at night. One of the major lobbying platforms by an independent David Pocock (ex - Wallaby) is to build an indoor stadium to house all codes. I think thats also part of the Tassie AFL push, and its desparately needed in Canberra.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Fri 22 Apr 2022 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killa
Club Player

Well presented, Older Saint

When the likes of Billings, Jones, Ryder, Clark, Hannebery and eventually Coffield become available may we still be referencing very unlucky footballers then plying their trade at Sandringham awaiting further opportunity at AFL level, at which level they have shown they can perform

Our List continues to improve - noting also the junior talent emerging

I am personally looking to Heath and Adams to on the leading edge of that emerging talent for purposes of team structure

Bear in mind we have a generally young 22 on the park, with only Hill and Ross past 150 games and 14 who are not yet to 100 games (from the side listed for tonight)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 22 Apr 2022 1:16pm I dont believe GWS have gone any shorter in their F50 than previous weeks, they have named Stein 195cms & Flynn 2nd ruckman on their bench who will play forward. There will be a heavy dew and it will be cool down to 7° overnight, so teams will need to adjust. Hopefully our talls in particular can adapt to the slippery ball.

TBH I believe any code programming night games between April to September in Canberra is a mistake. Anzac Day as a general rule is when Canberrans turn on their heaters at night. One of the major lobbying platforms by an independent David Pocock (ex - Wallaby) is to build an indoor stadium to house all codes. I think thats also part of the Tassie AFL push, and its desparately needed in Canberra.
Miss Google just told me to expect 9 degrees in Canberra tonight. Up from the 5 to 7 previously forecast.

I am also expecting Pocock to say he is also planning on turning water into wine amongst all his other outlandish campaign policies. :roll:

I am in Canberra at the moment and they have a heater turned on where I am staying.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Lienert the sub

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ace
Saintsational Legend

LIenert very unlucky to be dropped.
He played well, kicks safely.
He was probably in a tussle with Long and Paton to see who got dropped.
Long more versatile but erratic, Paton not playing as well as he did before last years injury.
Probably a preference for smaller players for a night game with a more slippery ball.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA