Early injury news on Ch7

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Early injury news on Ch7

Understandable that the club wanted Howard out on the ground rather than in the change rooms. We saw how much damage McKay did once Howard went off. I have been frustrated by Howard in recent weeks but I have never underestimated how important he is to our team. We will find out in the coming weeks whether I am right or wrong.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 12:47pm Understandable that the club wanted Howard out on the ground rather than in the change rooms. We saw how much damage McKay did once Howard went off. I have been frustrated by Howard in recent weeks but I have never underestimated how important he is to our team. We will find out in the coming weeks whether I am right or wrong.
It wasnt that McKay improved or got the better of Battle, it was Carlton's delivery to him. Howard has been in really poor form all season and is hugely over rated on the site IMO. I believe Howard getting injured may work in our favour, as it will allow Highmore or Joyce to step up and string some games together. Ive said it already but I would start Battle at full back and Highmore at CHB in Battles role. People get hung up on players height, but footballing ability will win more contests than an extra couple of centimetres.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 03 Jul 2022 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

How the hell did Howard find his way back onto the ground in the 3rd quarter after the injury in the 2nd quarter? They had 30 minutes to test it out and figured he was fine??

Yep Terrible decision. Smacked of desperation.
i was under the impression Highmore was warmed up n ready to go

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 1:11pm
Moods wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 12:47pm Understandable that the club wanted Howard out on the ground rather than in the change rooms. We saw how much damage McKay did once Howard went off. I have been frustrated by Howard in recent weeks but I have never underestimated how important he is to our team. We will find out in the coming weeks whether I am right or wrong.
It wasnt that McKay improved or got the better of Battle, it was Carlton's delivery to him. Howard he has been in really poor form all season and is hugely over rated on the site IMO. I believe Howard getting injured may work in our favour, as it will allow Highmore or Joyce to step up and string some games together. Ive said it already but I would start Battle at full back and Highmore at CHB in Battles role. People get hung up on players height, but footballing ability will win more contests than an extra couple of centimetres.
I heard Joyce has been reasonably impressive for Sandringham.

I think he will get the nod as a tall defender. But with Clark injured and McKenzie in doubt, HIghmore might retain his spot.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It wasnt that McKay improved or got the better of Battle, it was Carlton's delivery to him. Howard has been in really poor form all season and is hugely over rated on the site IMO. I believe Howard getting injured may work in our favour, as it will allow Highmore or Joyce to step up and string some games together. Ive said it already but I would start Battle at full back and Highmore at CHB in Battles role. People get hung up on players height, but footballing ability will win more contests than an extra couple of centimetres.
We’ll see. I don’t really rate Highmore that highly. But he played well when he came on the ground. Hopefully that continues

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 1:56pm
It wasnt that McKay improved or got the better of Battle, it was Carlton's delivery to him. Howard he has been in really poor form all season and is hugely over rated on the site IMO. I believe Howard getting injured may work in our favour, as it will allow Highmore or Joyce to step up and string some games together. Ive said it already but I would start Battle at full back and Highmore at CHB in Battles role. People get hung up on players height, but footballing ability will win more contests than an extra couple of centimetres.
I heard Joyce has been reasonably impressive for Sandringham.

I think he will get the nod as a tall defender. But with Clark injured and McKenzie in doubt, HIghmore might retain his spot.
Joyce has been going well in lock down roles, but at AFL level I still believe Battle is a better option.