Sunday Footy Show on Ratten

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sunday Footy Show on Ratten

He does look like he is on the ropes

Looks like an old dirty unwashed non made bed

saint4life
spert
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 5:02pm I wonder if there's a bit of player rebellion in this - their reaction to the resigning.

With watters we had a lot of v influential senior players who just said 'no'. No players in that position today (jeez is that damning in itself - I can't think who in the whole team I'd call an 'influential player'!) So they express their dissatisfaction by playing in a literal 'you told me to do this, so I'm doing it and look it doesn't work' sort of way. i.e. see, the coach doesn't know what he's talking about.
You would think that when your captain (Geary) retires- a man who is highly regarded and has given much to the club, that this would spur the playing group to play their guts out for a win..didn't happen, just gave up without a whimper, while Geary sat on the bench watching all this. There is a real lack of ba*ls down there at the moment.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Our decision making has dropped off a cliff not helped also by our skills at times

The kick to King (wrong side of him) when it was clear the right kick was to Higgins running into space was the epitome of bad decision making and then skill execution

Of course the knock on effect is a huge shirtfront to our mental application because we are not getting reward for our efforts .... like a raging fire the mental descent rips through the team and the opposition team just feeds off it

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 12:07am Nick Reiwoldt said club should actually talk to Clarko and his management, to sound him out.
Not with a view to torching Ratts, but to evaluate Clarko and work out whether Clarko might be good for us.
They owe it to the club to bring the best people in
Has this been in recent days or before we signed Ratten?
If recent days that’s even more damning
I don’t think Roo has been convinced by Ratten at all

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If it has come to coach vs a player faction who wins?
Or does everyone lose.
At the moment Club has to back Ratts. But if there are more putrid efforts they may blink.
Suspect Ratts has supported guys that are now shafting him.
Recent efforts are inexplicable unless there is a serious internal rift

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Feel for Ratts..

Not his fault he was re-signed, and re-signed when the the ground is rumbling and the team is in the throes of a landslide, even if he was complicit - as coach should be - in this shocking shutdown of team effort. The club itself, should be embarrassed. What a shocker! Neglecting the bigger picture and just getting by, taking the easy way, making compromises (no doubt two years would have been part of their excuse) and rolling along.

Now I wonder whether he may even retire himself mid-contract. (or take extended stress related leave) The re-signing, far from reducing pressure, actually increases it IMO.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Tell me why again

Did we resign him before seasons end?

Bizarre imo

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Teflon wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 11:03pm
WellardSaint wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 12:07am Nick Reiwoldt said club should actually talk to Clarko and his management, to sound him out.
Not with a view to torching Ratts, but to evaluate Clarko and work out whether Clarko might be good for us.
They owe it to the club to bring the best people in
Has this been in recent days or before we signed Ratten?
If recent days that’s even more damning
I don’t think Roo has been convinced by Ratten at all
It was a while ago, several weeks

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Would Clarko be interested in Lethlean’s position - manager of footy operations

If not

Would David Noble - who was outstanding in that role at previous clubs?!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 10:45pm Our decision making has dropped off a cliff not helped also by our skills at times

The kick to King (wrong side of him) when it was clear the right kick was to Higgins running into space was the epitome of bad decision making and then skill execution

Of course the knock on effect is a huge shirtfront to our mental application because we are not getting reward for our efforts .... like a raging fire the mental descent rips through the team and the opposition team just feeds off it
It was Membrey who was the culprit on this occasion but don't worry, he's not alone. Plenty of his team mates have done the same thing.

The statistics are damning. We try and kick it to 1 player as an inside 50 target more than any other player in the league. It's too predictable.

It's a shirtfront to our mental application as you say, but we can try and prevent that from happening if there's clear forward set ups and proper coaching in place

Would love to see Skunk used more as the target himself and King moving higher up the ground. Lade is failing as the forwards coach.

I think Membrey is one of the worst players to rely on for his field kicking to a target inside 50. It's been hit and miss for most of his career. His main strength is marking the footy and of course he's been a very good set shot at goal

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Just watched this video. So gratifying that media are highlighting our treacle slow safe ball movement