NWM Homesick!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: NWM Homesick!

If we were winning and in finals this would not be a topic

#1 Ryder fan
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 11:37am It's only a rumor because of threads like this that perpetuate it.
Interesting take… personally I see it as the opposite

Of the 3-4 forumites that have posted this in various threads over the last fortnight, none have bobbed up here. No one has validated the opinion or suggested any truth to it.

Frankly, the only forumite that has any impression/insight at all has suggested that based on him hearing Ratten speak on NWM, it doesn’t ring true.

So personally, with what’s been posted so far, I would walkover dismissing it as BS

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

"The only forumite that has any impression/insight at all"

Wow, did someone find such a person. :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Saints58
Club Player

Hey guys can we have something nice to say about the saints. All I hear is we are a basket case or negative comments.
We are not a basket case I have been a member and supporter for over 46 years and we were not a great club to come to for players with the party culture, shocking facility's any good players we got went to the Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon or Carlton no salary cap or draft.
It was tough to be a supporter then but we stayed on so lets try and be positive or if we don't have any positive comments lets keep the negativity to a minimum.
We still might make finals so it can not be all bad. thanks.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Saints58 wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 3:20pm Hey guys can we have something nice to say about the saints. All I hear is we are a basket case or negative comments.
We are not a basket case I have been a member and supporter for over 46 years and we were not a great club to come to for players with the party culture, shocking facility's any good players we got went to the Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon or Carlton no salary cap or draft.
It was tough to be a supporter then but we stayed on so lets try and be positive or if we don't have any positive comments lets keep the negativity to a minimum.
We still might make finals so it can not be all bad. thanks.
Maybe we'll be nice about the saints next year when they re-promise big things and we all believe it. :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 1:54pm
Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 11:37am It's only a rumor because of threads like this that perpetuate it.

Of the 3-4 forumites that have posted this in various threads over the last fortnight, none have bobbed up here. No one has validated the opinion or suggested any truth to it.

Frankly, the only forumite that has any impression/insight at all has suggested that based on him hearing Ratten speak on NWM, it doesn’t ring true.

So personally, with what’s been posted so far, I would walkover dismissing it as BS
I think I stated that it was a rumour I had heard & never said or insinuated it was fact

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 3:34pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 1:54pm

I think I stated that it was a rumour I had heard & never said or insinuated it was fact
I didn’t mean to implicate anyone and certainly not having a crack... I can only remember that I’ve read it on here but and there hasn’t been much info other than stating it as so.

Templar
Club Player

We are a basket case but have shown countless times this year that we can match it and win against top sides.

Don't mind at all if we are a basket case as long as we win.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Killa
Club Player

We have played Hawthorn twice for 2 wins.

We have played Fremantle twice for 1 win

We have played Geelong twice for 1 win

We have lost to Brisbane in Brisbane (now to play them in Melbourne)

We have lost to Sydney in Sydney (yet to play them in Melbourne)

Yes, St Kilda is a basket case.

A List with Coffield, Gresham, Wanganeen-Milera, Clark, King, Windhager, Marshall, Higgins, Owens, Battle, Paton and Sharman growing into their careers, all showing promise.

And with Adams, Heath, Bytel and Byrnes developing at the lower level.

The problem is at the other end of the List, where we only have Ryder, Hannebery, Hill, Ross and Webster at or near 30 years of age.

And Ross and Webster do not provide the experienced class top sides enjoy.

Plus Ryder and Hannebery have endured fitness issues.

So we are left with Hill.

Plus we need a couple of KPP players, forward and back to assist King and Howard, plus a Ruck to succeed Ryder and support Marshall.

Plus another established, skilled centre square mid

We are not the only side with those requirements, there being a dearth of KPP defenders and noting that the reigning Premier Melbourne are bought undone and exposed defensively when May (from Gold Coast) and Lever (from Adelaide) are made accountable and are not giving "chop outs".

The Ladder leading Geelong are a Dad's Army side added to by the likes of Cameron (GWS) and Smith (Hawthorn), particularly when compared to St Kilda.

They celebrated the 150th game of someone I had never heard of last weekend.

One of their younger talents they informed.