Where the big dollars go.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Where the big dollars go.

saynta wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 2:49pm From the herald sun.com.au

"ST KILDA

Bradley Hill DEFENCE, $850,000-$950,000

Jack Steele MIDFIELD, $700,000-$800,000

Dougal Howard DEFENCE, $625,000-$725,000

Jade Gresham MIDFIELD/FORWARD, $625,000-$725,000

Max King FORWARD, $600,000-$700,000

Brad Crouch MIDFIELD, $600,000-$700,000

Zak Jones MIDFIELD, $575,000-$675,000

Spending fairly big across all positions and missing the finals is an unenviable middle ground to be, and the Saints need to be clever in the coming years. The Saints spent big to win the race for ex-Docker and Hawk Bradley Hill in what was a hectic 2019 trade period, where they also brought in Dougal Howard and Zak Jones (among others). Those three all featured in the Rich 100, joining dual club champion Jack Steele, Max King – who will surge on this list from next year – Jade Gresham and 2020 free agent signing Brad Crouch. In that sense, St Kilda has spread the wealth across the ground positionally, but still with an understandable midfield emphasis. The Saints enjoyed immediate success after their 2019 trade hit-and-run mission, winning a final the following year. But they are set to miss finals for the second straight year, which led ex-player Leigh Montagna to call for the club to trade some of its more experienced stars in a “reset”. Whether or not St Kilda goes down that path remains to be seen, but more money must be spent to retain first-round draftee Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Gresham, Hunter Clark, Jack Higgins and co.
Jones most under performing on this list and may be gone.

Hill not consistent enough for this money but his better performances make it not far off , they just aren't often enough. He and Gresh higher due to our lack of that type of player.
Rest look ok to me based on AFL market value ( not fan value). Howard's absence showed his importance and the huge hole we have in defence. Just hope Freo need to free up some space and they talk to Logue

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 24 Aug 2022 1:48pm
saynta wrote: Wed 24 Aug 2022 12:15pm
WellardSaint wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:20pm Overpaid:
Hill, Howard, Gresham, Jones, King (not in any order)

King doesn't deserve that much.
Why do I say that?
Because if (and it's a big 'if') he manages to get consistency and accuracy, then his manager will push him towards $900k.

I'd be happy paying him $6-700k at the moment if he was nailing most of his shots and actually getting more than 4-6 touches in a game.
Not your money or mine so I don't give a tu'penny f*** what anyone is paid.

Seems what money a player is paid is a continual reason to abuse certain players, to the point where they consider leaving.
:lol: :mrgreen: 8-)

If players don't have the thick skin to handle media critics, then they'll cave under any sort of sledging on the field.

:lol:
:lol: :mrgreen: 8-)

Still that is no justification for the abuse certain players cop on here year in and year out.

:lol:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Herald Sun stirring trouble for us.
Would it dare to presume to publish similar figures for other clubs.
How the AFL and AFLPA allow it through to the keeper surprises me, however its one of those cases where official denial gives default info anyway.
HS just hope figures cause rumblings in our camp. Having players and supporters making odious comparisons out of context. Create dissatisfaction.
HS are a mob of pricks masquerading as journalists. Hope they all follow Essendon.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 24 Aug 2022 3:46pm Herald Sun stirring trouble for us.
How the AFL and AFLPA allow it through to the keeper surprises me, however its one of those cases where official denial gives default info anyway.
HS just hope figures cause rumblings in our camp. Having players and supporters making odious comparisons out of context. Create dissatisfaction.
HS are a mob of pricks masquerading as journalists. Hope they all follow Essendon.
Just because I only posted the saints info doesn't mean the other 17 clubs weren't given similar treatment in the same article. Talk about being f****** naive. :roll:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 11:36am
Yorkeys wrote: Wed 24 Aug 2022 3:46pm Herald Sun stirring trouble for us.
Just because I only posted the saints info doesn't mean the other 17 clubs weren't given similar treatment in the same article. Talk about being f****** naive. :roll:
Well I guess that's a step up from just naive.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

well they come out of our pockets and are beamed up to rigil kentaurus