Final ‘hurdle’ removed in Saints’ pursuit of Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Final ‘hurdle’ removed in Saints’ pursuit of Lyon

Got anything original or are you just going to keep apologising for every mistake and every embarrassing stuff up that the club does?

As I’ve written countless times. I will always support my club and my team, no matter what sort of mercenaries get employed by incompetent men. The mercenaries will be here short term…even if it is for a second stint

What I do worry about is that there’s a lot of silly old fools who can’t come up with any new or fresh ideas and they pine for some sort of messiah or some sort of miracle for St Kilda to climb the ladder

At least the President admitted that Ratten didn’t get the support he needed. He also should have admitted that it’s a desperate gamble that St Kilda is taking on Lyon and we’ll probably be no better off in 2023 and 2024 and still struggling to make finals.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 7:54am Got anything original or are you just going to keep apologising for every mistake and every embarrassing stuff up that the club does?

As I’ve written countless times. I will always support my club and my team, no matter what sort of mercenaries get employed by incompetent men. The mercenaries will be here short term…even if it is for a second stint

What I do worry about is that there’s a lot of silly old fools who can’t come up with any new or fresh ideas and they pine for some sort of messiah or some sort of miracle for St Kilda to climb the ladder

At least the President admitted that Ratten didn’t get the support he needed. He also should have admitted that it’s a desperate gamble that St Kilda is taking on Lyon and we’ll probably be no better off in 2023 and 2024 and still struggling to make finals.
Bit nervous about replying directly to my posts Scolops? Good to hear you will always support your club and team though.

I do recall you did post recently that if RTB was appointed coach your posting on this forum would not be so frequent? Still the case? :D

Just quietly I reckon Ross has about a 50:50, or maybe 60:40 chance of getting us to finals, and us hanging around the finals during his tenure. What I am looking forward to is the journey. No good treading water around in circles as we have been, get the arms and legs moving and get swimming.
If nothing else he will fully test the list, and we will have a lot better idea of where we are in quite a short space of time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I love how you continue to make up stuff even if it’s miles from the truth though

Not nervous. Just couldn’t be effed

And yes…unlike others with no integrity, I stand by that. I won’t want to be on here if Lyon gets the gig (which looks a certainty atm). What’s the point of coming on to a forum and listening to a bunch of fundamentalist kooks

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 8:27am
If nothing else he will fully test the list, and we will have a lot better idea of where we are in quite a short space of time.
If Lyon fails it’s the list

When Ratten failed it was the coaches fault

If Lyon has half a dozen guys missing for 10 or more games for the year, it’s not his fault…but somehow Ratten should have won more games with his first year draftees and his VFL substitutes

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 7:54am Got anything original or are you just going to keep apologising for every mistake and every embarrassing stuff up that the club does?

Bit nervous about replying directly to my posts Scolops? Good to hear you will always support your club and team though.

I do recall you did post recently that if RTB was appointed coach your posting on this forum would not be so frequent? Still the case? :D

Just quietly I reckon Ross has about a 50:50, or maybe 60:40 chance of getting us to finals, and us hanging around the finals during his tenure. What I am looking forward to is the journey. No good treading water around in circles as we have been, get the arms and legs moving and get swimming.
"the journey" : sure, one more coach closer to getting a successful one.

"he will fully test the list": got that backwards. The list will test him (that's his mission, should he choose to accept: the onus will be on him, if he fails all on here will disavow...). Even Ross can't drop 22 players to try to prove a point. There's a co-dependency relationship, not master servant. Can't just shout, be sarcastic and huff anymore: its 2023 we are talking about not 2009, world has changed even if Board are not sure about that. If he comes my interest will be in where he places players and what they serve up in game 1. Better be significantly different don't you think.

"50:50", funnily enough they are the odds Ratts brought. Board might be hoping for something better.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Press Conference this arvo to confirm.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
takeaway
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 8:50am

"the journey" : sure, one more coach closer to getting a successful one.

"he will fully test the list": got that backwards. The list will test him (that's his mission, should he choose to accept: the onus will be on him, if he fails all on here will disavow...). Even Ross can't drop 22 players to try to prove a point. There's a co-dependency relationship, not master servant. Can't just shout, be sarcastic and huff anymore: its 2023 we are talking about not 2009, world has changed even if Board are not sure about that. If he comes my interest will be in where he places players and what they serve up in game 1. Better be significantly different don't you think.

"50:50", funnily enough they are the odds Ratts brought. Board might be hoping for something better.
Board would be hoping for something better, 50:50 or maybe 60:40 is my view - to get and stay in finals. That is different from W/L.

No, he'll test the list, hopefully enable players to reach their ceiling under a defined structure and game plan. Of course the onus is on the coach, if he fails he's out, but as stated previously we won't die wondering.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 8:29am I love how you continue to make up stuff even if it’s miles from the truth though

Not nervous. Just couldn’t be effed

And yes…unlike others with no integrity, I stand by that. I won’t want to be on here if Lyon gets the gig (which looks a certainty atm). What’s the point of coming on to a forum and listening to a bunch of fundamentalist kooks
Excellent

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 23 Oct 2022 6:03pm
WellardSaint wrote: Sun 23 Oct 2022 5:57pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 23 Oct 2022 5:54pm ...or Saynta got a petition going and they needed to appease Saynta first. Special access to confidential PMs and a BBQ at Bassat's place.
Is that necessary?
This is worse than a teenager on Facebook.
Be better
It is obviously a joke. I'm assuming you don't believe I was stating it as a fact. Was it necessary? You could say that Saynta's manic dislike of our former and soon to be new Coach inspires satire.
You got something right for once. Actually detest the turd.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 12:21am Ross has porked up a bit. :shock:
Yep, fat as a pig. And posters on here were having pot shots at Ratts over his weight. :roll:

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Ross is back and so is his hair !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Press conference at 1pm AEDT
According to one source

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:46am
The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 23 Oct 2022 5:57pm

Apparently Corey Enright actually quit Geelong because he disagreed with the change in gameplan, the change that won them the Premiership. Not saying he can't coach, but if true, he got that one wrong.
I doubt that as the Cats actually became more attacking after we knocked them off. That mid-season change was key to their winning the Premiership this year. So Enright was long gone by then.
They changed their gameplan pre-season.

takeaway
Club Player

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 11:51am
saintsRrising wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:46am
The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 23 Oct 2022 5:57pm

Apparently Corey Enright actually quit Geelong because he disagreed with the change in gameplan, the change that won them the Premiership. Not saying he can't coach, but if true, he got that one wrong.
I doubt that as the Cats actually became more attacking after we knocked them off. That mid-season change was key to their winning the Premiership this year. So Enright was long gone by then.
They changed their gameplan pre-season.
Yes, they changed it pre season, coincidentally after meeting with a couple of people outside the club to get their views on how they saw the team and their gameplan, bearing in mind they had been in finals nearly every year, and also well up the ladder after H & A, without winning a flag since 2011. One of those people, who they actually offered an advisory role at the club, will shortly be appointed as Saints coach.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 12:21am Ross has porked up a bit. :shock:
Ross mentioned that he’s had a knee replacement the last few years.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.