Who the bloody hell is Mark Duffield?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who the bloody hell is Mark Duffield?

saynta wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 9:39am
cwrcyn wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 5:40am I'm not from WA, WellardSaint, so absolutely no offence taken :D
And Loris is really a Victorian.
Correct saynta, infact I lived in Victoria longer than Wellard Saint has possibly been alive :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I don’t really give a toss about the content to be honest
What’s offensive is the lazy journalism masquerading as a new opinion/analysis piece (Scollop thinks it’s analysis..)
It’s just trash

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 8:24pm I don’t really give a toss about the content to be honest
What’s offensive is the lazy journalism masquerading as a new opinion/analysis piece (Scollop thinks it’s analysis..)
It’s just trash
Yeah those West Australian journos can be harsh, everyone over here in the Sount East knows Freo overreacted by sacking Lyon only after 4 years into a rebuild of a team that finished bottom 4 each of those years.

No chance we'll sack Lyon after 4 years of bottom 4 finishes.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 8:24pm I don’t really give a toss about the content to be honest
It’s just trash
How dare he question anything to do with the return of the Messiah!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... Freo overreacted by sacking Lyon only after 4 years into a rebuild of a team that finished bottom 4 each of those years.
thats a solid body of work

think of the draft picks

where are they now
on the back of that work

absolute over reaction

well tbanked in my book

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:P

see : the Messiah
can do no wrong

example : 27

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The messiah with a great sales pitch who had been gifted talented teams who could have basically coached themselves

The messiah with a great track record with young players…. :oops: Not!!

Read the post below from loris (sorry to to be reposting this loris. Get ready for the sycophants to come after ya :wink: )

Let’s hope the assistant coaches and our development staff can make up for his deficiencies. Let’s hope Walsh and the list management and head recruiters don’t give in to his short term selfish needs

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1984371

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 8:49am
... Freo overreacted by sacking Lyon only after 4 years into a rebuild of a team that finished bottom 4 each of those years.
thats a solid body of work

think of the draft picks

where are they now
on the back of that work

absolute over reaction

well tbanked in my book
Re: Freo overreacted by sacking Lyon only after 4 years into a rebuild of a team that finished bottom 4 each of those years

Context. You look at the whole package in the context of where the list sat

Read the link above with comments from loris who had the inside word from her neighbour who was on the Freo board

You don’t just sack someone for the ladder finish or for the ladder finishes from years gone by. You look at what he offers going forward. I’m sure you agree that Ratts wasn’t simply sacked because we missed finals by a bees dick…

and if he was then that goes to show you that the club and the people involved in these decisions are incapable of sticking to a long term plan or creating an environment for sustained success.

It also goes to show that outside noise and people with powerful voices have far too much influence.

I believe with the successful development of some of our younger guys in 2022 that we were on a good path. I hope the club has learned a valuable lesson regarding taking short cuts with their focus on ready made senior recruits.

I think if we nail some good draft picks that our organic growth and age profile in the next few years will see us hopefully contend for a top 4 spot in 2024-25. If Lyon fails it will definitely be the last time any club chooses him to be senior coach

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 10:42am Neutral football fans seem to have a different view of St Kilda compared to the die hards. All posts in this thread before mine are from those who are obviously in favour of all the recent decisions.

Not true.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

everyone knows by now Mr Mollusc
that i'm a bit of a fan of the tank

like going to the dentist

get in
get the job done
get out
with better teeth

on the other issues

besides being nearly tomorrow
at the end of the day
it's all perception

'n us humans can justify ANYTHING to ourselves

thats what we are good at

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

humans can justify ANYTHING to ourselves

Yes indeed.

Who am I to question those who have faith in the Messiah?

I am yee of no faith who needs a lot of convincing

asiu
Saintsational Legend

question away

i love the questioners
(back them in , any day)

the anti spin doctors

better a questioner than Orwells re-named Fact Checkers

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ps

i can't help with yee no faith

nor would i wanna manipulate it

thats your business :)

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 8:52am The messiah with a great sales pitch who had been gifted talented teams who could have basically coached themselves

Read the post below from loris (sorry to to be reposting this loris. Get ready for the sycophants to come after ya :wink: )

Let’s hope the assistant coaches and our development staff can make up for his deficiencies. Let’s hope Walsh and the list management and head recruiters don’t give in to his short term selfish needs

I thought we would get a coach like McCrea, that hidden talent was lurking in the assistants ranks. Initially taken aback by the Ross revival, now really behind the Club's decisions.
Looking at Loris ' informative post it could be noted that it is not unknown for a losing Grand Finalist to take a big form slump.
At the rate of improvement Freo were making, indicated by % of games won, they were on the right track (as history has proven).
5 years is a long time in coaching, average tenure is what?
Pavlich declined then retired, Neale left, their multiple medal winner started suffering from back and shoulder injuries.
Maybe the snide references to Freo under Ross are superficial. Maybe not. He got them to a granny and a few final series? Yes?
Ratts wasn't taking us within Cooee, as much as I had affection for him, he had no answers.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Lyon gets way too much credit for the work and list build from his predecessors. Let's see how he goes if he has injuries to some of our key players like Steele, Gresham, Clark and others who missed large chunks of games including the first ruck and other first 22 talent

Ratts didn't have anywhere near the quality of lists that Lyon had when he was making finals...but when Ratts had some luck and he had a near full and healthy list we were winning finalists. That is fact.

From mid 2021 up until end of 2022 Ratts was white anted

He was a damn good coach who's had to battle the coterie groups and outside noise from past players for the last 18 months.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ratts lost me when he couldn’t get the team up for the Danny Frawley game. The footage of him a few weeks later pleading for the players to try harder was an insipid performance. Who allowed that to be released?

The article is just one pointless long sledge and full of cheap shots. The club has been poorly run on and off for years. Some of it can be blamed on circumstances but it’s mostly been due to management incompetence. How far does he want to go back?

It’s not the supporters fault.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 8:21am
It’s just trash
How dare he question anything to do with the return of the Messiah!
At least bring something new to the table FFS
Writing this tripe weeks after the announcement is pathetic
What’s next ? Phar Lap is an up and coming star of the track ???

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 9:17pm
It’s just trash
Yeah those West Australian journos can be harsh, everyone over here in the Sount East knows Freo overreacted by sacking Lyon only after 4 years into a rebuild of a team that finished bottom 4 each of those years.

No chance we'll sack Lyon after 4 years of bottom 4 finishes.
Agree bit slow over there
Rest assured we won’t be doing that with Rossy
We’ll see it through
Suggest you stop strapping on and start strapping in!!
Gonna be a ride !
But you love Ross…we all know you told us..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 8:52am The messiah with a great sales pitch who had been gifted talented teams who could have basically coached themselves

Loris??
If I want hard hitting analysis I read your stuff and Mark Duffield’s for complete revisionist history!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 5:54pm

I thought we would get a coach like McCrea, that hidden talent was lurking in the assistants ranks. Initially taken aback by the Ross revival, now really behind the Club's decisions.
Looking at Loris ' informative post it could be noted that it is not unknown for a losing Grand Finalist to take a big form slump.
At the rate of improvement Freo were making, indicated by % of games won, they were on the right track (as history has proven).
Pavlich declined then retired, Neale left, their multiple medal winner started suffering from back and shoulder injuries.
Maybe the snide references to Freo under Ross are superficial. Maybe not. He got them to a granny and a few final series? Yes?
Ratts wasn't taking us within Cooee, as much as I had affection for him, he had no answers.
Perspective!!
Thank the lord
Freo now thanking Lyon for Serong and Brayshaw
With half a side in his final year he won more games than previous as N Riewoldt notes he was on the right trajectory
But agree typically sides who cling the gf mountain do experience a come down

“Yeah….nah””
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Me (no?) understand. but fair play, ya know......how it goes...'n all...

June 2019

Freo 6th, just beat Port Adelaide

August sacked.

BUcks...

Grand Finalist and unlucky against West Coast

Failure, sacked...

Stamped 'FAIL'

Brad Scott

Incredibly kept North competitive

FAIL

but two of these three live to fight another day..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Nov 2022 10:24pm

Perspective!!
Thank the lord
With half a side in his final year he won more games than previous as N Riewoldt notes he was on the right trajectory
Careful Brother Teffers, if you go down that rabbit hole before you know it someone will argue our two previous coaches deserve some credit for player development to the list RL inherits. I actually think though you would have to argue Ratts results are better than Lyons last 4 years in charge of a bottom 4 side.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 18 Nov 2022 9:08am

Perspective!!
Thank the lord
Careful Brother Teffers, if you go down that rabbit hole before you know it someone will argue our two previous coaches deserve some credit for player development to the list RL inherits. I actually think though you would have to argue Ratts results are better than Lyons last 4 years in charge of a bottom 4 side.
So sister Vort you’re suggesting we were better off hanging on to Brett and not installing Lyon as coach??
c**k on the block time old chump …let’s hear what you’d have done?????

(think music gap left for old Vort…)

Nothing??? I thought so…..

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 20 Nov 2022 2:21am

Perspective!!
Thank the lord
So sister Vort you’re suggesting we were better off hanging on to Brett and not installing Lyon as coach??

The history of the club proves my cynicism is justified.

It's easy to predict failure and in fact any idiot can do it, you've been predicting failure successfully for a very long time.

However now you are predicting success I'm spending more time wondering if any idiot can predicting failure AND success as some form of multi skill.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 20 Nov 2022 6:20am
Teflon wrote: Sun 20 Nov 2022 2:21am

Perspective!!
Thank the lord

The history of the club proves my cynicism is justified.

It's easy to predict failure and in fact any idiot can do it, you've been predicting failure successfully for a very long time.

However now you are predicting success I'm spending more time wondering if any idiot can predicting failure AND success as some form of multi skill.
But aren’t you predicting failure if basing your cynicism of previous club performances?
What a bizarre statement
You’ve essentially labelled yourself an idiot..
I’m not going to argue with you but one does at least need to understand what one is cr@ping on about if one is going to make ridiculous statements
What are you saying ?
Brett should’ve stayed ? Ross should’nt have been appointed???
Otherwise it’s just boorish sniping with little imagination
Any idiot can bash St Kilda cause of its past…hell the media make a sport of it ..
suspect you’re more if the same old ..,
At least try be original if you’re going to constantly pot the club…
I am a multi tasker by reputation btw I can recognise when the club gets it wrong/right and still deal with imbeciles on here who just want to make “look at me” posts..

“Yeah….nah””