Changes Round 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes Round 4

Dissing Zane is similar to suggesting because parachutes are rarely used fighter pilots should not carry them.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 07 Apr 2023 10:22am Dissing Zane is similar to suggesting because parachutes are rarely used fighter pilots should not carry them.
And there's no use in having a parachute without a Cord-y.
:oops:

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 2:35pm Real danger game against GC

Bookies originally had GC 3.20

now 2.51

Prob still overs

I think we are vulnerable to let down after 150 build up etc
I don't think so.
Our games against them are always close. They have a very good list of players, who don't combine as a team consistently.
Down here in Melbourne we should account for them. It might be by a point or something, but I think this is the type of game that St. Kilda usually turn up for.
If it was up there, maybe they'd roll us, but not in Melbourne.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

My brain says that it should be a comfortable win for us: playing at home, hopefully a reasonable crowd to put pressure on the umps, GC possessing quite a bit of talent but still more of a work in progress even than us, etc.

But my heart says that these are the kind of games when we have been sorely let down in the past on so many occasions.

The key for us is, as always, to get some early goals. A patchwork team like ours is going to be at its most vulnerable when we get a few goals behind, and the heads of the youngsters start to droop a bit. Team defence, team defence and team defence. It’s easily the most important thing for us.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift