War chest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: War chest

A lot of ‘I think’ but not a lot of certainty

We have the most number of players OOC this year

We need to worry about that first

Me

I would go for Ben King - lock stock

To win a GF - a point of difference is needed

Two giant key forwards (twin towers) would give us that

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think we should target another prototype modern bull midfielder. I think Mich Owens is tracking well, and he looks like he could be the mid that we should have picked up in the 2014 draft.

A guy who can kick well on both feet, can mark contested footy like a FF, is around 6' 4" and can pick up a loose ground ball as if he was the size of Paul Callery (youngsters who haven't heard of Callery should google)

The Bont, Oliver, Patrick Cripps, and Chad Warner also come to mind. Zero hanger reckons if you could redo the order of the 2019 draft they'd have Warner at number 1 pick.

https://www.zerohanger.com/re-selecting ... ft-129720/

Saints58
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Apr 2023 4:14pm We need mids that are the powerhouse types that turn up to play every week win or lose. The type who if they have a game where they get 20 odd touches, it feels like a poorer return.

In no particular, I would go after:
Serong
Brayshaw
Walsh

Taranto was the guy but he’s off the table for good.

Lesser contenders for the role are Rozee and Anderson who are less dominant but still very very good.

Alongside that, you pbly want another key position gem that gives you that degree of flexibility and Ben King is the clear choice for it…
Could sit at CHF and push up the ground, or sit at CHB giving us some flexibility with Battle and play the relief ruck role.

If I could only have one… Serong is where I’d fall

I am always a big fan of KPP as its always difficult to find good ones.
So I would look at De Koning Carlton, McKay of North Ben King when contract is up and Noah Anderson GC as the mid