I think RTB has a test on front of him!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: I think RTB has a test on front of him!

I’ve seen this season described as an exploratory year for Ross … a free hit.

Might be time to play some shots, for instance Owens to a major midfield role. Maybe Steele, who reportedly is carrying an injury, could take Michito’s spot up forward for part of the game.

Worth a shot. It’s not as though we have a lot to lose. If we sneak into finals I doubt we are contenders … yet
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 21 Jun 2023 3:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: I think RTB has a test on front of him!

I agree bigcarl, but that depends on how the next handful of games work out because if they maintain a place in the top 8 I'd imagine the selectors will stay with winning combinations.

Conversely, if the team loses that handful it would be good to see them make some changes.

For example, Max Heath reportedly played an outstanding game in tthe VFL on the weekend and it surely is time to bring him in to assist Marshall. Similarly, a couple of others who have shown consistent form with Sandringham like Highmore and Bytel ought to be given the chance to prove they're AFL standard.

They could even experiment with Camaniti at FB and play Sharman in combination with King as key forward.

Mix things up a bit, confuse the opposition instead of the same fixed template every week.

The really good teams show a lot of 'dare' when they have the ball, St Kilda does this rarely but that has a lot to do with endemic poor disposal skills....

"Where there is no hope, it is incumbent on us to invent it.."

Albert Camus (1913-1960) French philospher