Wallace......"Tell St Kilda we're coming to play...&quo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:So, if Adelaide win, for the sake for only 1 extra loss we can maybe get a better draft pick.

Will that strategy really upset anyone??

I think it is just being clever.
It's too clever for my liking. It's just asking the footy gods to punish us with a disappointing draft pick while gifting the team with the courage to win and finish ninth with an unexpected surprise.

I think that good players can be found at any point in the draft if a team looks hard enough. We got Gilbert at pick 33 in 05 and he looks better than most first rounders from that year. If we miss out on a player or two that we like at pick 9, then there should still be players available who can have an impact.

I'd rather finish the season on a good note and build toward next year than lose and get a higher draft pick.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I

For that lying cheat Demetriou to then come out 'Baghdad Bob style' and claim that no one wants to lose sickens me even further.

lol at baghdad bob for vlad, its so true...

1. no one cheats at the salary cap any more (LOL)
2. there are no drugs in the AFL (LOL)
3. our testing program is adequate (LOL LOL ROFLMAO)
4. no team tanks (LOL, SWAN came out and basically said collingwood and carlton tanked)
5. the umpiring has never been better (LOL)
6. absolute faith in the integrity of the tribunal (LOL)
7. North Melbourne are a viable football club (LOL - even sydney never received the financial handouts north have had over the past decade)
8. absolute faith in the quality of management of TD

on and on and on and on

Baghdad Vlad is an incompetent moron who has been gifted the CEOship of one of the great organisations in aus with in excess of 1billion turnover p/a.

he brings nothing to the table

now this really is the post of the month........if not the 21st century..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
linz
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:ooohhh... and Terry "told" the blues too... oooohhh, insinutating they would be tanking. He's a joke.

Re: Tanking.

It's absolute rubbish and I'll tell ya's why. No matter how much a team sport afl is, deep,deep down every player wants some glory. It don't matter which match. No player would tank, they have their family and friends watching, they play well for them - not us. To think a player in the bottom 6 would not play his guts out this week and try to cement a spot for next year is ridiculous...imho. Tanking is the worst conspiracy theory I've ever heard! Over rated and over talked about on SEN.
Crap

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

IF Crows win - tank away Sainters.

AFL set the cr@p system in place (along with their cr@p tribunal) then they can live with it.....I could care less what players mothers cousins wives think....if it saw our draft pick go from say 7 to 4.

I wonder what the AFL would do if a club stopped the lies and nonsense (as Greg Swan came close to on radio this year...) and made it very clear...that winning wasnt top of their list for a PARTICULAR game....

“Yeah….nah””
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:24am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:So, if Adelaide win, for the sake for only 1 extra loss we can maybe get a better draft pick.

Will that strategy really upset anyone??

I think it is just being clever.
It's too clever for my liking. It's just asking the footy gods to punish us with a disappointing draft pick while gifting the team with the courage to win and finish ninth with an unexpected surprise.

I think that good players can be found at any point in the draft if a team looks hard enough. We got Gilbert at pick 33 in 05 and he looks better than most first rounders from that year. If we miss out on a player or two that we like at pick 9, then there should still be players available who can have an impact.

I'd rather finish the season on a good note and build toward next year than lose and get a higher draft pick.
VS, please tell me you are female so I dont feel awkward about giving you a big hug! 8-)

Sums up my thoughts on this weekend PERFECTLY

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Yup tank away St.Kilda.

We might go up a couple of places you know and mabye land a Richie Cole at #9 instead of a Nick Dal Santo at pick #13. :roll: :roll:

You complete bunch of spineless, gutless, clueless fools who have no integrity, pride or dignity.

Go and support Carlton if you want my team to lose.

Complete idiots the lot of you. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:I could care less what players mothers cousins wives think....if it saw our draft pick go from say 7 to 4.
Really? I couldn't.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:IF Crows win - tank away Sainters.
You sicken me.

Pathetic.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Tanking is the wrong mentatlity.....it sets the scene for achievement by luck rather than hard work and smarts.

Look at most winners ofthe varioius big lottos.....a few years later most have blown the won riches (which is one good thing about the US system where it hands out a slice each year for many years.....)....as they have just spent without building new wealth. They could have been set up for life....but blew it (and I wonr go into how the Saints wasted Blightlotto and Draftlotto here).

The Weagles, love them or hate them, have the best player indentification and DEVELOPMENT system in the AFL.

This is what we need to aspire to.......

Riches are there to be had late in the draft and in rookies....

Port Adelaide have also restucured with without going to the bottom....

Riches are also there to be hadin our EXISTING assets...and we need to work them harder by DEVELOPING them.

Telling our players to drop a few places is telling them that it is ok to lose....that it is acceptable to put in less than your best. It is not.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....