Are we in trouble????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

evertonfc wrote:
OLB wrote:
evertonfc wrote:People get so easily wound up by opposition fans.

Hilarious to watch 'em take the bait :D

*grabs popcorn*
I feel that it's the way we deal with these trolls that defines us as a forum.
I think this forum is better defined by threads such as Sacred Cow and Teflon's Banning.
How sad. :(

Behind Play
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
OLB wrote:
evertonfc wrote:People get so easily wound up by opposition fans.

Hilarious to watch 'em take the bait :D

*grabs popcorn*
I feel that it's the way we deal with these trolls that defines us as a forum.
I think this forum is better defined by threads such as Sacred Cow and Teflon's Banning.
How sad. :(
It amazes me, how if someone does not agree with an opinion, no one else should discuss the topic.
Are we not on a forum?

Saint Mik
Club Player

Nothings fixed until its not broken at the moment you cant say its fixed.

Thanks for the flash back :wink:

Rodge if the rest of the middfeild follow Bangers lead the ageing wont be a problem :lol:

Plenty of changes but nothing is fixed

Geez those rose colored glasses are great where can i get some.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Saintmik as far as anyone can see 85% of the question you raised have been solved. Not rose colouredn glasses its there for everyone to see. :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
nick_nexus
Club Player

Very short sighted by RL to de-list both Brooks and Watts IMHO. If Rooey and Kosi both get injured at the same time we will be in real trouble. With Gehrig retiring one of Brooks or Watts should have been retained.

RL may have done well during the trade period, (and even that is up for debate), but his decision to de-list the 2 above undone most of his good work IMHO.

Grant Thomas was the best coach St.kilda ever had.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

nick_nexus wrote:Very short sighted by RL to de-list both Brooks and Watts IMHO. If Rooey and Kosi both get injured at the same time we will be in real trouble. With Gehrig retiring one of Brooks or Watts should have been retained.

RL may have done well during the trade period, (and even that is up for debate), but his decision to de-list the 2 above undone most of his good work IMHO.
If Roo and Kosi both get injured our chances of winning the 08 flag are over no matter the replacement.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum, if Roo and Kosi are both injured then we may as well play every kid on the list and tank for picks.

Did Sydney plan their list in '05 around Hall and O'Loughlin being injured?
Did West Coast plan their list in '06 around Glass and Lynch being injured?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
nick_nexus
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:Fair dinkum, if Roo and Kosi are both injured then we may as well play every kid on the list and tank for picks.

All I'm saying is one of those 2 should have been kept as a backup. It's not as if they were on a massive wage and we needed room in the salary cap.

Saint Mik
Club Player

CURLY how can it be solved before we play a game?

Get some results and then its solved like i said alot of changes but nothing is fixed yet.

Its a bit like saying our ruck problem was fixed when we got Gardiner but it wasnt fixed then and its still not fixed now.

85% changed but nothing is fixed until we get results IMO.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

nick_nexus wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Fair dinkum, if Roo and Kosi are both injured then we may as well play every kid on the list and tank for picks.

All I'm saying is one of those 2 should have been kept as a backup. It's not as if they were on a massive wage and we needed room in the salary cap.
They were kept as back up and werent used when needed so obviously Lyon doesnt think there up to it so there out.

nick_nexus
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
nick_nexus wrote:

They were kept as back up and werent used when needed so obviously Lyon doesnt think there up to it so there out.
And that is very short sighted IMHO. Brooks was never really given a chance and Watts was only just coming back from a major injury!! Stupid decision.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:CURLY how can it be solved before we play a game?

Get some results and then its solved like i said alot of changes but nothing is fixed yet.

Its a bit like saying our ruck problem was fixed when we got Gardiner but it wasnt fixed then and its still not fixed now.

85% changed but nothing is fixed until we get results IMO.
King - Ruck solved
Kosi - Signed solved
Ball- operation Hayes full season after reco Sneider Dempster added midfield depth solved
Kosi- FF or Ruck solved

What are you exp[ecting to happen SaintMIK the results so far could hardly be better.

nick_nexus
Club Player

King played a grand total of 6 games in 2007.....Ruck solved :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

nick_nexus wrote:King played a grand total of 6 games in 2007.....Ruck solved :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats right and when the Grand final team was picked and the best 22 was picked who played? If Blake and KING were the same age Blake would never have played a game in front him. It was all about development for Blake this year so King had to take a back seat until it counted.

nick_nexus
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
nick_nexus wrote:King played a grand total of 6 games in 2007.....Ruck solved :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats right and when the Grand final team was picked and the best 22 was picked who played? If Blake and KING were the same age Blake would never have played a game in front him. It was all about development for Blake this year so King had to take a back seat until it counted.
He didn't play because he was injured and has been injured for 4 years now.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

nick_nexus wrote:
CURLY wrote:
He didn't play because he was injured and has been injured for 4 years now.
See that word nexus, WAS fit for last 8 games came up for two grand finals in a week and rucked well. Not to many CAT fans are happy hes gone.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Ive definatley gotta get some of them glasses because everything seems rosie and solved :wink:

Time will tell with the games that we play next year wether the decisions that have been made now have fixed,solved (what ever you want to say)the problems that were put in my original post a long time ago.

Hope they are but you cant say they are until they actually are :lol:

Now i'm confused :?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Is it rose coloured glasses Saint Mik?

I thought you identified some areas the club was lacking in. I take it you think those areas were not addressed or you are not happy with how they are being addressed.

Sounds like the club has had a fair crack at endeavouring to address these issues. I don't think there are any guarantees. What more do you think they can do, at this stage, to address your concerns?

Saint Mik
Club Player

GL, i do think the club is having a very good crack at it but to quote it out and say its fixed before we play a game is getting a bit ahead of ourselves thats all.

If this was done say round 2 next year and all or some of our recruits were killing it then yes i would agree 100%.

Some of this is tounge in cheek with CURLY because that bloke thinks he knows better than most on here (thats also a joke by the way).

I am happy with what they have done infact i'm wrapt but it is not fixed or solved until it actualy is if you know what i mean.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:GL, i do think the club is having a very good crack at it but to quote it out and say its fixed before we play a game is getting a bit ahead of ourselves thats all.

If this was done say round 2 next year and all or some of our recruits were killing it then yes i would agree 100%.

Some of this is tounge in cheek with CURLY because that bloke thinks he knows better than most on here (thats also a joke by the way).

I am happy with what they have done infact i'm wrapt but it is not fixed or solved until it actualy is if you know what i mean.
Is that why everytime you see me you cant wait to get my opinion your try to talk me into coaching? Thanks SaintMik :lol: :lol:

asiu

My 11 week old daughter is aging.
good on ya dad

congrats ........how many rugrats have ya got now?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

nick_nexus wrote:
CURLY wrote:
nick_nexus wrote:

And that is very short sighted IMHO. Brooks was never really given a chance and Watts was only just coming back from a major injury!! Stupid decision.
myabe they wen't given a chance buecase they are not good enough.

maybe getting the boot, and pthe possibility of going to another club will make them try harder!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
My 11 week old daughter is aging.
good on ya dad

congrats ........how many rugrats have ya got now?
Just the 1.

asiu

ya kept that quiet :)

good onya dad ....name?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:ya kept that quiet :)

good onya dad ....name?
Teflon.