Butterss on MMM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Tell me MM, what are those "forces" doing that is so harmful?

They clearly aren't talking to the press, so tell me, what is it they are doing that is so harmful (other than threatening Rod's position)?
JD,
I would have thought that today's Barrett article came from information supplied by this opposing group and not from RB. RB was responding to questions from Barrett.

So clearly your assertion that it is RB doing all the 'leaking' is wrong.

There is no right or wrong in this.

It is obvious that each side is doing what they feel they need to do to further their own cause in the matter.

Why you think that RB is not entitled to do so escapes me?

JeffDunne

MM, please . . . it's time to resist that urge again.

Most of the questions in that article could have been lifted from posts on Saintsational.

Every media outlet I've heard/read has said their calls aren't being returned.

Then we have Rod's "not a cent" comment and his b/s excuse after he made a couple of phone calls. The media must love this bloke. :oops:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Wouldn't those people want to have actually formed a ticket before taking their concerns to Rod?
I think the issues are not mutually exclusive and that they could be conducted concurrently.
JeffDunne wrote: If you were associated with this ticket and one of your main motivations was to remove a president you thought was a liability, you would want any peace talks to be conducted from a position of strength. Clearly unless you have a ticket capable of toppling Rod he isn't going to go anywhere.
Not all negotiation is about position or power or strength.
JeffDunne wrote:Really JB, I thought by your own admission you were smarter than that?
Resorting to petty attempted personal insult does not strengthen your argument

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, please . . . it's time to resist that urge again.

Most of the questions in that article could have been lifted from posts on Saintsational.

Every media outlet I've heard/read has said their calls aren't being returned.

Then we have Rod's "not a cent" comment and his b/s excuse after he made a couple of phone calls. The media must love this bloke. :oops:
JD, Yo're probably right :)

But given that your much hoped for challenge appears to be on, why are you so concerned about what RB does. Isn't his behaviour just giving more ammunition to his opponents? Isn't that what you ultimately want?

In the end, whatever damage that is done will be 'glossed over' with the 'positive media' that any new Board will receive.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Did RB say anything about trading or our off season in general?

Really not interested in politics, just the footy!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
JeffDunne

MM, what concerns me is the cost to the club. Rod could end all of this in 5 minutes.

Rod is a liability and it's time for him to start sniffing that "coffee".

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:Not all negotiation is about position or power or strength.
:lol:

Ignorance is bliss. You do realise we are talking about football politics?
LOL, I'll have to bookmark this post. :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, what concerns me is the cost to the club. Rod could end all of this in 5 minutes.

Why would Rod leave the club for a faceless challenge that has not even come clean with its objective? (If that is what you are suggesting)

Surely that would not be putting the clubs best interest at heart.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, what concerns me is the cost to the club. Rod could end all of this in 5 minutes.

You are still looking at the situation from your own perspective and not from the opposing view.

Obviously RB doesn't see himself as a liability in his own mind.

In terms of 'cost to the club', he has shown a preponderance in the past to put his hand in his own pocket in the past to ensure that the Club doesn't have to pay for any of his mistakes. Therefore I'm not worried about any 'financial costs involved in this.

As to costs in terms of morale etc, as I said in an earlier post on this thread, any new Board will receive masses of positive publicity and any nagativity will soon be forgotten.

The only cause for concern in all this is if it turns into an ugly fight and RB wins, there will be reisual resentment left with thoise who were opposed to him.

Therefore, as I posted on the other thread, it would be much better if the opposing groups got together and tried to 'hammer out' an acceptable result for everyone concerned. Like what RB's group did with Plympton.
If that cannot be achieved then we have to accept that there is going to be an almighty blue.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:Not all negotiation is about position or power or strength.
:lol:

Ignorance is bliss. You do realise we are talking about football politics?
LOL, I'll have to bookmark this post. :lol:
Selective reading or no answer for this :lol:
JeffDunne wrote:Wouldn't those people want to have actually formed a ticket before taking their concerns to Rod?
I think the issues are not mutually exclusive and that they could be conducted concurrently

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:Why would Rod leave the club for a faceless challenge that has not even come clean with its objective? (If that is what you are suggesting)
They wouldn't be faceless if they met up for "coffee" . . . would they? :?

(as you are suggesting)

I am saying it is perfectly understandable that anyone that want's Rod to stand aside would FIRST form a ticket before approaching Rod.

If Burkie wants Rod gone like I think you do (but that position seems dependent upon who you're responding to), then do you think him sitting down with Rod for "coffee" would convince Rod to do so?

Should I play some think music while you work out the rest of the story?

JeffDunne

MM, you seriously think Rod's going to dip into his pocket and pay for losses incurred in giving him the arse?

More think music? :lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, you seriously think Rod's going to dip into his pocket and pay for losses incurred in giving him the arse?

What losses have/will be incurred?

He's certainly paid before for 'mistakes' he's made.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

can a new person jump in?why does Mr Magic think he "paid" for his mistakes? or put his hand in his pocket?what is your source? I have seen the annual stuff they send us that lists what the boardies put into the club, each year , and I don't see it> ? he paid for seats to wine and dine his important mates, but what else? has he even paid for a table this year?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:Why would Rod leave the club for a faceless challenge that has not even come clean with its objective? (If that is what you are suggesting)
They wouldn't be faceless if they met up for "coffee" . . . would they? :?

(as you are suggesting)

I am saying it is perfectly understandable that anyone that want's Rod to stand aside would FIRST form a ticket before approaching Rod.

If Burkie wants Rod gone like I think you do (but that position seems dependent upon who you're responding to), then do you think him sitting down with Rod for "coffee" would convince Rod to do so?

Should I play some think music while you work out the rest of the story?
Personally I think Rod would be similar to little Johnnie and Bobby Hawke who faced similar choices albeit on a grander scale, they will move aside if they can be convinced their position is untenable.

But unfathomably JeffDunne you again miss the point of a conciliatory meeting.

If a group has issues with the direction of the club they should be addressing its executive. This action does not preclude them forming a rival ticket in fact would strengthen their story to the members when a challenge is forthcoming.

Meeting and airing their grievances is in the best interest of the club, it is more that an oust Butterss situation, it is each group doing what is right for the StKFC.

Who is to say a positive outcome can not be met without the cost of a Board spill to the club? It is worth both parties considering strongly IMO.

I’d love to do this all day but the bay is as flat as Kate Hudson’s chest so I am heading out – ciao!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:can a new person jump in?why does Mr Magic think he "paid" for his mistakes? or put his hand in his pocket?what is your source? I have seen the annual stuff they send us that lists what the boardies put into the club, each year , and I don't see it> ? he paid for seats to wine and dine his important mates, but what else? has he even paid for a table this year?
Welcome to this Forum.

When Blight was sacked, RB and another personally paid out his contract (1 million) so that the Club wouldn't be saddled with that cost.

BTW, in those reports , how much do they show RB (or any other Board Memeber)was paid or has taken from the Club for his role as a Board Member?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, you seriously think Rod's going to dip into his pocket and pay for losses incurred in giving him the arse?

Rod has often dipped into his own pocket.....

When Blight was dismissed Rod dipped in BIG time to play Blight out.

RB has givem BIG $$$$ to the Saints...as well as his time.

You might have grounds to criticise RB in some areas.......but baseless insults such as these are the complete opposite of what has occurred in the past.

Sorry if I am interupting with FACTs vs baseless insults.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JeffDunne

So once Rod is gone he's going to hand over a cheque to the people that ousted him for losses incurred? Am I reading this suggestion correctly.

If so . . . Wow. I'm speechless.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

where you say" When Blight was sacked, RB and another personally paid out his contract (1 million) so that the Club wouldn't be saddled with that cost.", my response is that the financial reports simply dont show that, that's what i am saying. What is your source of your claim ?
Last edited by 4theluvoftheclub on Sat 08 Sep 2007 5:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I wish GT would put his hand in his pocket for the damage he has caused the club...

I reckon wasting draft picks and stupid trades should be worth a few $million owed...

Not to mention false advertisng in pretending to be a coach.....while demading that he was paid one of the higher salaries fora coach....rather than at the standard rookie coach rate.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:where you say" When Blight was sacked, RB and another personally paid out his contract (1 million) so that the Club wouldn't be saddled with that cost.", my response is that the financial reports simply dont show that, that's what i am saying. What is your source of your claim ?
Look in the reports, you will see that there is no payment to Blight from the Club for the early termination of his coaching contract.

As far as how I know, I'm not going to publicly say who told me, but you can choose to believe me or not.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:So once Rod is gone he's going to hand over a cheque to the people that ousted him for losses incurred? Am I reading this suggestion correctly.

If so . . . Wow. I'm speechless.
You know Jeffrey, sometimes you become quite tiresome. Are you on here trying to debate the issue or are you just 'playing little games' to amuse yourself?

You asked the question if RB was going to pay for 'losses incurred' and I responded with the question as to what losses have been incurred or will be incurred?

Your response was this post above.

I don't understand why you find it necessary to continually resort to 'belittling' other posters when they have a differing opinion to you on this issue?

You have had a 'crack' at me about 'think music' on this thread and a similar 'crack' at JoffaBurns on the other thread (similar topic) and yet it would appear to me that the only person avoiding answering a direct question has been you.

Jeffrey, I enjoy the debate with you but I cannot understand why it always seems to get to this point where you become beligerent about the issue.
I'm just as entitled as you to air my view on this topic.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I didn't hear it but I wish this twit would stop playing this out in the media.

Either piss off or deal with any issues with an ounce of professionalism.

Fair dinkum. :roll:
I'm as sick of Butterss profile as anyone.

In relation to dealing with the issues RB said he had rung Nathan Burke and had others such as Frawley ring Burke to try and bring him to the table to discuss but did not get a response from Burke or others involved in the alternative ticket.

Frawley was damning on Burke, not verbatim but along the line of “ NB played is footy front and square and I love him like a brother but the way he going about things is not how they should be handledâ€

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu

mm

it was a reply to srs wasn't it ?

i know u and jd were discussing ....but then srs had a go

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:I didn't hear it but I wish this twit would stop playing this out in the media.

Either piss off or deal with any issues with an ounce of professionalism.

Fair dinkum. :roll:

He has been attacked by the media, he has every right to come out and defend himself. If he didn't and was invited for an interview, everyone would say what has he got to hide. Damed if he is, damned if he isn't!!!!! :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group