Very, very interesting....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:and here comes the mud slingers !!!
roll up ladies and gents as the usual suspects hang every crime known to man on RB with out any proof and a whole lot of "my mail is " and " a person i know very close to the club told me " .... its going to ba a very long month on SS i feel
Who has hung any crime on Butterss in this thread?

I can't see anyone doing that at all.

killa_gram
Club Player

Better than closing your eyes and pretending all the bad things don't happen. :roll:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

killa_gram wrote:Better than closing your eyes and pretending all the bad things don't happen. :roll:
i understand that and im by no means dismissing any thing its just i feel some ppl on here seem to have a vendetta for RB and i can see all the accusations under the sun coming out in the next few weeks

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Very, very interesting....

rodgerfox wrote:"A board of a football club has to lead by example and we will be adhering to that -- that there be no illicit or illegal drugs taken by any board member," Westaway told the Herald Sun yesterday?
do you think he was trying to put noses out of joint without crossing the line.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
killa_gram wrote:Better than closing your eyes and pretending all the bad things don't happen. :roll:
i understand that and im by no means dismissing any thing its just i feel some ppl on here seem to have a vendetta for RB and i can see all the accusations under the sun coming out in the next few weeks
I can only see 2 or 3 people with a 'vendetta'.

I see plenty who think he has run his race though - I'm one of them.

I can only hope that the 2 or 3 and the others who think his time has come, don't become as obesessed with him as the anit-GT crew have become about GT!!!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:"A board of a football club has to lead by example and we will be adhering to that -- that there be no illicit or illegal drugs taken by any board member," Westaway told the Herald Sun yesterday?
do you think he was trying to put noses out of joint without crossing the line.
Two things -

It was an honest comment with no alterior motives at all.

Or he's heard the same things (or knows for a fact) that we've heard as rumour, and is subtlely saying "If you want to play dirty Rodney, we can to - so be careful"

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I can only see 2 or 3 people with a 'vendetta'.
Look in a miiror, you will see one more.
rodgerfox wrote:I see plenty who think he has run his race though - I'm one of them.
I agree on this point.
rodgerfox wrote:I can only hope that the 2 or 3 and the others who think his time has come, don't become as obesessed with him as the anit-GT crew have become about GT!!!
Already have I am afraid.

Just my opinion of course.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I see plenty who think he has run his race though - I'm one of them.
I agree on this point.
rodgerfox wrote:I can only hope that the 2 or 3 and the others who think his time has come, don't become as obesessed with him as the anit-GT crew have become about GT!!!
Already have I am afraid.

Just my opinion of course.
bingo!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Or he's heard the same things (or knows for a fact) that we've heard as rumour, and is subtlely saying "If you want to play dirty Rodney, we can to - so be careful"
Who do you think you are kidding RogerFox?

The innuendo has been channelled about for six months about Butters in South Africa. Was completely refuted then and was let to linger.

Then, lo and behold, what do we have? A sensationalist back page with the same innuendo that was floated 6 months earlier.

Oh yes it was an honest comment with no ulterior motives :roll:

Fair dinkum Roger, you think we are as idiotic as that.

Dear me. it is patently obvious that the FFS (and yes I mean the FFS) is starting a mud slinging exercise.

So we have two policies from the FFS. One they will spend spend spend. 2. they wont get pissed or take drugs (like the innuendo spread around about the bloke they want to topple).

Fair Dinkum :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
No, not true.

Butterss was exactly what this club needed - so was his Board, when they took over.

They were the first Board I'd ever seen who were totally about the club.

They were faceless, worked hard and were united. Had strong vision and it wasn't about them.

It worked, and to be frank probably saved the club.

I have no vendetta. I have admiration for what was done.

However, somewhere along the line this changed.

Butterss was in the press too much, and appeared to be in self-preservation mode. It, somewhere along the line became about him and his Board.

Suddenly, the Board's position's were there focus.

The reasons for GTs sacking were basically the same as Alves'. The Board's power was being diluted, and they didn't like it.

Once a decision is made for reasons like this, we have a problem. Whether or not the decision was correct doesn't matter.

The reason for it sent alarms bells ringing immediately.

I also think Butterss and the Board have let this 'self-preservation' mode seriously affect their job. They have the $1m profit - but this came at a cost.

At the expense of what we are here to do. I believe that this became the club's priority - footy came second. Protecting their own positions - particularly Butterss', was the priority.

It's time for a change.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: The innuendo has been channelled about for six months about Butters in South Africa. Was completely refuted then and was let to linger.
I'd heard it well before that.

osama milne laden
Club Player

"A board of a football club has to lead by example and we will be adhering to that -- that there be no illicit or illegal drugs taken by any board member,"

they should have added

"No falling off the stage at the Testimonial Dinners of Club Legends"

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote:"A board of a football club has to lead by example and we will be adhering to that -- that there be no illicit or illegal drugs taken by any board member,"

they should have added

and no coaches being interviewed after a bottle of red or 2

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
No, not true.

Butterss was exactly what this club needed - so was his Board, when they took over.

They were the first Board I'd ever seen who were totally about the club.

They were faceless, worked hard and were united. Had strong vision and it wasn't about them.

It worked, and to be frank probably saved the club.

I have no vendetta. I have admiration for what was done.

However, somewhere along the line this changed.

Butterss was in the press too much, and appeared to be in self-preservation mode. It, somewhere along the line became about him and his Board.

Suddenly, the Board's position's were there focus.

The reasons for GTs sacking were basically the same as Alves'. The Board's power was being diluted, and they didn't like it.

Once a decision is made for reasons like this, we have a problem. Whether or not the decision was correct doesn't matter.

The reason for it sent alarms bells ringing immediately.

I also think Butterss and the Board have let this 'self-preservation' mode seriously affect their job. They have the $1m profit - but this came at a cost.

At the expense of what we are here to do. I believe that this became the club's priority - footy came second. Protecting their own positions - particularly Butterss', was the priority.

It's time for a change.
Extremely good post. Well put and consice in your defence of your arguments.

I tend to agree with most of what you have posted.

Lance or James??

always tomorrow
Club Player

joffaboy wrote: Also good to see Lindsay Fox flushed out as the backer of this group.

I wonder if moneybag will repay the players he paid 20c in the dollar in 1984?

Or will FFS try to merge us with Carlton again.

Starting to get to see the real truth behind the faces of this challenge.
joffaboy

i can 100% categorically tell you LF is NOT the backer of this group and has had nothing to do with them setting up.

his name is being used by lazy journos trying to beat up a story with other interests that simply are not there.

he has offered to RB directly well before this challenge came about to mediate any potential challenges with the board in order to come to a smooth transisition.

a vastly different proposition to what is being written in print at the moment.

AT

Saints to go great in 08!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

always tomorrow wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Also good to see Lindsay Fox flushed out as the backer of this group.

I wonder if moneybag will repay the players he paid 20c in the dollar in 1984?

Or will FFS try to merge us with Carlton again.

Starting to get to see the real truth behind the faces of this challenge.
joffaboy

i can 100% categorically tell you LF is NOT the backer of this group and has had nothing to do with them setting up.

his name is being used by lazy journos trying to beat up a story with other interests that simply are not there.

he has offered to RB directly well before this challenge came about to mediate any potential challenges with the board in order to come to a smooth transisition.

a vastly different proposition to what is being written in print at the moment.

AT
yeah thanks AT. Mr Westaway apparently confirmed that on 774, and I'll take him at his word. I would always take someone at their word before a leech and gutter crawling journo like Barrat.

Cheers.

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

killa_gram wrote:Let's not lose the point here. It's a disgrace if any of our club leaders and directors are doing drugs, especially at club functions. I for one support as policy of no drugs for the directors. If they are all not doing it then it shouldn't be an issue.
it's been talked about before...and in fact is quite well known in footy circles....and in pm's around here......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
killa_gram wrote:Let's not lose the point here. It's a disgrace if any of our club leaders and directors are doing drugs, especially at club functions. I for one support as policy of no drugs for the directors. If they are all not doing it then it shouldn't be an issue.
it's been talked about before...and in fact is quite well known in footy circles....and in pm's around here......
are you saying stinger it has happened at club functions
club leaders and directors "doing" drugs??

saint4life
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
stinger wrote:
I'll field this one .....

"No comment".

chook23
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
chook23 wrote:
stinger wrote:
I'll field this one .....

"No comment".
come on rodger you can do better than that

:wink: :wink:

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

no...i really don't know......i have never seen any evidence of drugs...we all know that rod and grant used to get on the red wine together...so what????....but drugs.????..no......i have received certain pm's though.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
osama milne laden wrote:"A board of a football club has to lead by example and we will be adhering to that -- that there be no illicit or illegal drugs taken by any board member,"

they should have added

and no coaches being interviewed after a bottle of red or 2
Worth noting that the Pres was on the same phone interview.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:57am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:2 + 2 = 4

Westaway is saying the things that need saying.

I can't wait to see the back of RB. Even if the rumor is just that, what would the players think? Rumors like that haven't surfaced around Pies or Bummers.
Why doesn't he say it then?

Innuendo and mudslinging.

Great start by Mr Clean :roll:

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ive just discovered another Fox connection to the new group. Dont want to say too much as my information may be out of date.
interesting...

what about mentioning timelines then?

If not, can you please PM me ta....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.