Judd leaving Eagles, SEN confirmed - discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dylan Howard on SEN just announced that Judd has told WCE this morning he wants to go back to Melbourne and that they will be having a press conference later today.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Not that i think it would happen.. But i think this might be more plausible taking Bulldogs ot of the picture too many clubs.

Maguire and pick 23? (our second rounder) to Carlton pick 3 to saints.

Saints pick 3 and 9 to west coast

West send Judd to saints.

Dunno if I like the trade but would be more plausible.

So saints give up Maguire pick 9 and 23 to get Judd. Dunno... But couldn't se many other ways to get it done.

Unless we do what we did with Gehrig put a ok offer on the table ie pick 9 and 23 at the start of trade week and hope all other deals go by the wayside during the week and desperate eagles jump at the chance for this trade in the last 30 mins.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Dylan Howard on SEN just announced that Judd has told WCE this morning he wants to go back to Melbourne and that they will be having a press conference later today.

Was it in Judd's medical records? If not how would he know?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Has been reported on 3AW, SEN and Ch. 9 that Judd will announce in a press conference later this afternoon that he plans to return to Victoria.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Can't see one established player who would tempt the Eagles other than...

Buddy Franklin being a Perth boy.

Perhaps Franklin & Hawks 2nd round pick for Judd or a straight swap!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It's been reported that WCE want 2 x Top 10 picks + a player for Judd.

Possible scenario;

Judd to Carlton for picks 3 & 6

Fevola to Western Bulldogs for pick 6. Ontraded to West Coast

Kennedy (Carl) to West Coast. Part of the deal that would include lesser players/picks swapped between these 3 clubs.

Pretty complicated, made even more so by having 3 clubs involved. Only time will tell !!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

What time the PC??

Batnoe

Is Judds injury as bad as Ball's where he needs surgery?

Or will he make 100 percent next year?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I think WCE said they wanted to wait till the end of the season before he went under the knife..

woooosaints
Club Player

it will be Pick 3 + Fevola for Judd

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Is Judds injury as bad as Ball's where he needs surgery?

Or will he make 100 percent next year?
I think you will find Judd using the same Surgeon in Sydney that Luke Ball used. Lets hope we see both at 100% in 2008 !!

locoplayaz
Club Player

It's been reported that WCE want 2 x Top 10 picks + a player for Judd.

WHAT ABOUT...

WB GIVE BLUES PICK 5 FOR FEVOLA

WE GIVE BLUE MAGUIRE AND OUR 2ND ROUND PICK FOR PICK 5

WE GIVE WCE OUR 2 TOP 10 PICKS AND A PLAYER?

WE GET JUDD!!!!

Richter
SS Life Member

Whilst I would love to get Judd, the reality is that we would have to give up one of our premium players (Roo, Kosi, Dal, Lenny) just to fit him in under the salary cap. And those players are IMO untouchable.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:It's been reported that WCE want 2 x Top 10 picks + a player for Judd.

WHAT ABOUT...

WB GIVE BLUES PICK 5 FOR FEVOLA

WE GIVE BLUE MAGUIRE AND OUR 2ND ROUND PICK FOR PICK 5

WE GIVE WCE OUR 2 TOP 10 PICKS AND A PLAYER?

WE GET JUDD!!!!
huh?

So we get fev and Judd for pick 9 maguire and anther?

Sam23
SS Life Member

Matty Maguire, Xavier Clarke, Pick 9 for Judd?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Ball + Pick 9. :shock:

Seriously, any deal not involving Riewoldt must be examined.

If RB used his connections to secure a deal, sheesh, it would be almost enough to change many a vote, I'd say... :?:
Last edited by evertonfc on Sun 16 Sep 2007 5:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Given that we have had to pay big increases to re-sign Nicks x2, Kosi, Sam Fisher ets, and we are still negotiating contracts for Goose and X (and wh knows who else) how are we supposed to fit Judd's $million+ salary under our cap?

Goose would most likely be looking for 250-400k (I think) which means we would have to find another 600-750k to fit him in if he was used somehow to get Judd to us.

I don't think we have anything like that available.

I reckon Carlton is in the box seat but don't discount Collingwood. The chance of getting Judd may well hasten the retirements of Buckley, Liccuria, Wakelin and who knows who else that would enable the Filth to fit Judd in. I think Eddie would almost do anything to land Judd at his beloved club. Does he still have good enough connections at Ch9 to offer Judd (and Twigley) enough to compete with what Pratt can offer him outside of football?

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

locoplayaz wrote:It's been reported that WCE want 2 x Top 10 picks + a player for Judd.
If thats true WCE are kidding themselves. No one is worth that much.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

This trade period should be huge, looking very forward to it.

Carlton and the Dogs have a lot to offer. Richmond not so much but have no.1 PSD. This could be a very big trade involving numerous clubs

Carpe Diem
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Given that we have had to pay big increases to re-sign Nicks x2, Kosi, Sam Fisher ets, and we are still negotiating contracts for Goose and X (and wh knows who else) how are we supposed to fit Judd's $million+ salary under our cap?

Goose would most likely be looking for 250-400k (I think) which means we would have to find another 600-750k to fit him in if he was used somehow to get Judd to us.

I reckon Carlton is in the box seat but don't discount Collingwood. The chance of getting Judd may well hasten the retirements of Buckley, Liccuria, Wakelin and who knows who else that would enable the Filth to fit Judd in. I think Eddie would almost do anything to land Judd at his beloved club. Does he still have good enough connections at Ch9 to offer Judd (and Twigley) enough to compete with what Pratt can offer him outside of football?
To be fair, we've saved (estimates) $450k losing Gehrig, $125k losing Thompson and $75k with Clarke - nearly $650k freed up.

I'm sure we could restructure a few existing deals to get him over the line.

I sincerely doubt Hamill would baulk if the club asked him to take a cut to get Judd over the line.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

devil saint
Club Player

Although Judd is a champ, could we really justify giving him that much cash if some of our other elite players have had to sacrifice financially over the years to stay together? How do you think they would feel about that?

woooosaints
Club Player

if we trade for judd i will start supporting my second team west coast eagles because there is no way id want him in our team at the expense of one of our players and all the players i would want to trade ealges wouyldnt take them

JeffDunne

evertonfc wrote:If RB used his connections to secure a deal, sheesh, it would be almost enough to change many a vote, I'd say... :?:
The thought had crossed my mind too. :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Given that we have had to pay big increases to re-sign Nicks x2, Kosi, Sam Fisher ets, and we are still negotiating contracts for Goose and X (and wh knows who else) how are we supposed to fit Judd's $million+ salary under our cap?

To be fair, we've saved (estimates) $450k losing Gehrig, $125k losing Thompson and $75k with Clarke - nearly $650k freed up.

I'm sure we could restructure a few existing deals to get him over the line.
I hope your right but I've got a feeling that part of the Gehrig savings may have been used for kosi, Sam Fisher etc.

I reckon the AT and MC figures and whatever else was used for the Nicks x 2?

I can't believe we still have 500-650k 'free' to use? I'm sure Smmy's back-ended contract is higher next year, ditto for Luke Ball and BJ, both of whom will be coming towards the end of their contract terms.

I suppose we could put Harves back on the 'veterans list' and forego 1 rookie, but that wouldn't free up significant monies?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I think I just heard on SEN that Nisbett has announced a press conference re Judd for tomorrow morning?