John Beveridge @ APS Athletics Finals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Why don't Associated Public Schools compete against government secondary schools?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
casey scorp
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:St Kevins has to go! HAHAHAHAH, but its optional for other schools.
Well, St Kevins won, so perhaps there's merit in compulsory attendance!
Riewoldting wrote:Why don't Associated Public Schools compete against government secondary schools?
The students do, a week or two later, in the All Schools Aths. But it's an individual comp, rather than a school v school comp.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Why don't Associated Public Schools compete against government secondary schools?
Oh perish the thought...We cant have lil Tristram getting povo public
school cooties now can we?? :wink:

Reminds me of a funny gag Sam Newman did on radio years ago. He told the listeners that the Head of the River was moving down to the National Water Sports Centre at Carrum Downs....and suggested that most private school people who are involved in the Head of the River wouldnt know where Carrum Downs was LOL

Anyway...on comes a talkback caller who tears into Sam, giving him the big speil about how Private School parents are stereotyped and how so many of them are just working class families who make sacrifices to give their kids a good education yadda yadda yadda.....

Sam doesnt say a word..lets her finish her rant..then says..very slowly..

"Madam...I was JOKING"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
saintdooley wrote:St Kevins has to go! HAHAHAHAH, but its optional for other schools.
Well, St Kevins won, so perhaps there's merit in compulsory attendance!
compulsury to attend as spectators...not compete

Penny Lane

It's not suprising at all to hear that recruiting staff were at the APS aths, you'll find a lot of them would have been there and keep very close tabs on the times that the footy players and the up and comings are running as it's such good cross training. As soon as many players get drafted, especially from the APS schools they are told to get straight back into aths for the training.

casey scorp
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:compulsury to attend as spectators...not compete
That's right, - as spectators to do all those chanty things they do. Obviously stirs the blood of their school's athletes because they won.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
That's right, - as spectators to do all those chanty things they do. Obviously stirs the blood of their school's competitors because they won.
im not sure about other people but i tend to block out all noise whilst im competing

but i suppose you get the feeling that you must perform to your highest standard in front of large numbers supporting you

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
casey scorp wrote:
That's right, - as spectators to do all those chanty things they do. Obviously stirs the blood of their school's competitors because they won.
im not sure about other people but i tend to block out all noise whilst im competing

but i suppose you get the feeling that you must perform to your highest standard in front of large numbers supporting you
when im having a shot for goal in footy i block all noise from the other team out.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:when im having a shot for goal in footy i block all noise from the other team out.
so you dont need to block noise out often :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:when im having a shot for goal in footy i block all noise from the other team out.
so you dont need to block noise out often :wink:
hahah, lol, your so funny! :cry: :cry: :cry:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Simon Templar
Club Player

Go SKEV's

Go you good things....!!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

StNoodles wrote:private school boys :roll:

we have enough soft outside midfielders...
You take that back now, otherwise Judd and Goddard will pay you a visit

Seeya
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Our very own Luke Ball is private school alumni, and I'd hardly call him a "soft outside midfielder" :shock: :wink:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Our very own Luke Ball is private school alumni, and I'd hardly call him a "soft outside midfielder" :shock: :wink:
yeah, lol, hes a Xavier boy! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D :D :D
i saw him last year getting photos taken witht he principle and stuff, but was to scared to go over and say hi!