Eljay Connors - The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MasonCJ2
Club Player

Ahh, now you're talkin'! Frankie Coughlan. One of my faves from a bygone era.

We are a sniff
Saints43
Club Player

Was Eljay ever the lead singer for The Pogues?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

just read on the WOM site that Eljay has suffered 2 punctured lungs ?
no im no doctor or anything but a freind of mine has had a similar fate with punctured lungs and he was told he could never scuba dive and air travel was a no no until at least 3 years after the injury .. if this is so why the heck have we picked a kid who if he turns out a star cant fly to our interstae matches ??
can any one with a medical background shed some light on this if its now safe to fly after puncturing the lungs ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:just read on the WOM site that Eljay has suffered 2 punctured lungs ?
no im no doctor or anything but a freind of mine has had a similar fate with punctured lungs and he was told he could never scuba dive and air travel was a no no until at least 3 years after the injury .. if this is so why the heck have we picked a kid who if he turns out a star cant fly to our interstae matches ??
can any one with a medical background shed some light on this if its now safe to fly after puncturing the lungs ?
im no doctor but my uncle had a cycling accident and suffered broken ribs, collarbone and a punctured lung

had to keep motionless for a few weeks and then he was fine to fly/ride/work etc

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

my mate was saying cause he had both lungs punctured it was a hazzard due to the presuised cabbin (admitedly i would imagin the medical advice would be better now then 10 years ago and a footy player would have better health then a slightly over weight dole bludger )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
linz
Club Player

Huzzad wrote:Because we all know that people with good looks make the best footballers :roll:

Least we know if he does become good he will stay away from attractive blondes in LA- prevention is better than cure :P
Welcome back G-Train. We need more players like him & this new bloke fits the profile.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.