35,000 members will keep 11 HOME games in Melbourne!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

repta wrote:By keeping 11 home games you give the opportunity to gain more members. If they sell the games away again I am tossing in the membership (reserved seat, social the whole lot).
If the Saints board think they can out cage the AFL by saying 16 games in Melbourne, 4 at Carara and 2 interstate they have to be kidding. Why does North Melbourne HATE the deal? Because they will play only 6-7 games in Melbourne a year ... still having to go to Western Australia twice, Adelaide twice etc etc. The AFL will say ok ... then ohh ... we couldnt schedule it sorry .... too late .... and if the saints try and say NO once the deal happens they pull every pin in the basket to try and roll us (financially, game scheduling etc etc). Remember the great Tassy experiement .. the Canberra one for other clubs ... has this been the answer ..... it has confirmed one thing
- erosion of the traditional supporter base
Has Melbourne, Footscray, North Melbourne or the Saints become a financial powerhouse from prostituting themselves and selling their Premiership Points?
Well, as I recall, an 11 game home membership still got 11 games during the tassie days - just to away days. I suppose some reserved seat people might lose out a couple of games of their seat. So you'd hope they'd pay a bit less.

You'd assume that in any deal the Saints did with the AFL over scheduling, they would get it in writing too....

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
You'd assume that in any deal the Saints did with the AFL over scheduling, they would get it in writing too....
You'd also assume that anything you get from the AFL be it in writing or otherwise is not worth a cracker.....they'll just find another avenue to screw you!!!