Future Clash Jumper Vote

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Which of the following designs would you most like to see St.Kilda wear as a Clash Jumper next year?

Option 1
1%
Option 2
4%
Option 3
9%
Option 4
4%
Option 5
5%
Option 6
29%
Option 7
9%
Option 8
2%
Option 9
4%
Option 10
2%
Option 11
2%
Option 12
7%
Option 13
11%
Option 14
11%

Total votes: 85

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

14 for me - it just looks intimidating!!!!

St Fid Jnr
Club Player

hi

option 6 for me

option 7 looks like a Norwegian flag, so i think its not suitable

SAINTSATIONAL - ONE TEAM - ONE DREAM - ONE THEME

No Fighting Please - and Be Happy
ImageImage
St Fid Jnr
Club Player

how can i change my mind and vote for another 1

SAINTSATIONAL - ONE TEAM - ONE DREAM - ONE THEME

No Fighting Please - and Be Happy
ImageImage
Drew.Evans
Club Player

could have read your post [iceman234] incorrectly but yeah it's suppose to look intimidating. Glad you feel the same way about it.

If you haven't done so already check out the other post 'clash jumper designs' or something like that so you can get a good feel of what it's achieving. Page 8.

I agree with Karnak as well, rather than everyone just continually coming up with new designs it would be good to narrow them down and improve on all of their characteristics. I did also like gazzas and think it should have been included in this poll.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

St Fid Jnr wrote:option 7 looks like a Norwegian flag, so i think its not suitable
Is that any worse than wearing the flag of imperial Germany on our fronts for home games?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
G-Unit
Club Player

14 gives me a headache, but maybe we can use that to our advanatge. if we wear it maybe the opposition will get disorientated

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Future Clash Jumper Vote

Armoooo wrote:I think in total throughout the whole season I saw less than 10 people wearing that jumper...
really?
i saw like 1 in every 10 people wearing one!
when i emailed ben hall about a new one only about 6 weeks ago, he said that it is the best selling item in the club shop through out the year, and people are saying its crap, yet heaps are sold each month!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

6 is the safe bet...7 would be more adventureous and innovative...and 13 has some merit as a more traditional jumper....lets put these in front of the players and coach :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
St Fid Jnr wrote:option 7 looks like a Norwegian flag, so i think its not suitable
Is that any worse than wearing the flag of imperial Germany on our fronts for home games?
Hey just to back my son up here.........

I think my son was going on the design and not the colour ..........

so just what is your point in this???

This is a topic on design isn't???

:roll:

or so you feel the need to give him a history lesson ?????

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Drew.Evans wrote:could have read your post [iceman234] incorrectly but yeah it's suppose to look intimidating. Glad you feel the same way about it.

If you haven't done so already check out the other post 'clash jumper designs' or something like that so you can get a good feel of what it's achieving. Page 8.

I agree with Karnak as well, rather than everyone just continually coming up with new designs it would be good to narrow them down and improve on all of their characteristics. I did also like gazzas and think it should have been included in this poll.
I think you got it right - that I see intimidation as a positive in this respect.

It looks tough, hard, intimidating - hate the soft sell (cell?) on our jumpers...

Let's take it up to the others and be aggressive and show we won't turn up in basketball singlets like last year.

Brian Collis
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:Gotta be 6, surely.

Option 3 is too similar to South Melbourne / Sydney / South Fremantle and a cross is more in keeping with our traditions than a V.
Yep agree wholeheartedly

midas_touch
Club Player

6 and 13 are the best designs imo. Kudos to Armooo for making this into a poll.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

i like 6 and 3...
voted for 6 though.. I've always liked the cross jumper.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

7 by the proverbial mile.

IF the ruling is our clash jumper has to be predominantly the lightest of our colors then its easy......white aint a color.

Red for me all the way - strong, bold and looks awesome with the black cross.

6 is ok....but to much white and I start to feel a surrender comin on..

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

No 13 all the way, but have we forgotten, no stipes and predominately white.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Thompson4
Club Player

To be honest, why not revert back to the home jumper from 1996-1999ish?

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
Drew.Evans
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
Drew.Evans wrote:could have read your post [iceman234] incorrectly but yeah it's suppose to look intimidating. Glad you feel the same way about it.

I think you got it right - that I see intimidation as a positive in this respect.

It looks tough, hard, intimidating - hate the soft sell (cell?) on our jumpers...

Let's take it up to the others and be aggressive and show we won't turn up in basketball singlets like last year.

i think people just see it as too busy but there is nothing to say that it can be changed so more people like it. I don't think people are voting on what are the positives of a guernsey like this and instead are just voting with what they would buy. To me this is disappointing, we're supposed to be moving forward as a club.
Thanks for your opinion iceman - i wish more people could see the benefits. If not, then perhaps offer suggestions instead.

Mero
Club Player

Drew.Evans wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

i think people just see it as too busy but there is nothing to say that it can be changed so more people like it. I don't think people are voting on what are the positives of a guernsey like this and instead are just voting with what they would buy. To me this is disappointing, we're supposed to be moving forward as a club.
Thanks for your opinion iceman - i wish more people could see the benefits. If not, then perhaps offer suggestions instead.
I am of the firm opinion Clash jumpers only exist to sell in club shops.
Therefore, saleability is important.
That's not to say intimidatiing and aggressive designs are not saleable, they definitely are.

Any clash jumper chosen is going to last two or three years, tops, it's just how clubs work these days.
Some are even honest enough to include it in their marketing strategy.

The days of one Home jumper for 20 years are gone.
Today, it's about saleable product.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I voted for 3 8-)

6 isn't bad either.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

No offense to options 1 and 14, but the stripe on the back worries me, if the jumper hangs below the waist, all our guys are going to look like thier butt crack is on the outside of thier jumper, as the line is pretty much were your arse would be.

Masybe I'm buttock obsessed, but thats the way it looks.

Drew.Evans
Club Player

Imagine it without the line on the back, then let me know what you think.
if that improves it would you imagine it would be more favourable. If not what other suggestions would you have. but i do agree with you.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Drew.Evans wrote:Imagine it without the line on the back, then let me know what you think.
if that improves it would you imagine it would be more favourable. If not what other suggestions would you have. but i do agree with you.
It would be better without that line (and the corresponding one on the front).

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

They all look like shyte

Just have the traditional home jumper with a white back and white shorts, SIMPLE and perhaps a red back with red shorts against collingwood

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Just have the traditional home jumper with a white back and white shorts, SIMPLE and perhaps a red back with red shorts against collingwood
The AFL will not approve such a design. There are clear regulations on clash strips.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:They all look like shyte

Just have the traditional home jumper with a white back and white shorts, SIMPLE and perhaps a red back with red shorts against collingwood
Besides people with such stubborn unwavering opinions will be dead in no time so we really don't need to accommodate for them...
really?
i saw like 1 in every 10 people wearing one!
when i emailed ben hall about a new one only about 6 weeks ago, he said that it is the best selling item in the club shop through out the year, and people are saying its crap, yet heaps are sold each month!
I find that very hard to believe, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just putting a positive spin on the issue...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!