Ross Lyon: "There's no sacred cows at St Kilda"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Harvey through sheer force of will would contribute enough to justify his spot in a Grand Final side, even if he had two dodgy hamstrings and a dislocated shoulder.

But let's hope and pray that Banger is fit come the end of September this year so Lyon doesn't have to make that call.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Harvey through sheer force of will would contribute enough to justify his spot in a Grand Final side, even if he had two dodgy hamstrings and a dislocated shoulder.

But let's hope and pray that Banger is fit come the end of September this year so Lyon doesn't have to make that call.

...I'd still pick him, just a flesh wound! :wink:

ctqs
Club Player

markp wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Harvey through sheer force of will would contribute enough to justify his spot in a Grand Final side, even if he had two dodgy hamstrings and a dislocated shoulder.

...I'd still pick him, just a flesh wound! :wink:
Gold!

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
mick13
Club Player

Hell if Harves did his ACL the week before Lyon should just pick him and he can sit on the bench the whole game.

Wouldn't bother any of us I dont think!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Hell if Harves did his ACL the week before Lyon should just pick him and he can sit on the bench the whole game.

It would worry me. I want a GF win and as much as I love Harvs the team is more important.

markp
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Hell if Harves did his ACL the week before Lyon should just pick him and he can sit on the bench the whole game.

I like to stand behind the bench at TD sometimes, so I can see the rotations and how many fit players are on either bench. If a team is even way in front but a man or two down on the bench early enough, you know they're usually gonna be run over by the end...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

I like to stand behind the bench at TD sometimes, so I can see the rotations and how many fit players are on either bench. If a team is even way in front but a man or two down on the bench early enough, you know they're usually gonna be run over by the end...
St.Kilda vs Melbourne

I think we were 25 points up or something like that, I had no doubt in my mind that we were going to lose, I think this was early in the 3rd...
We'd lost Harvey, Raph, X and G.... so sad, so sad....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
riccardo wrote:
saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:I think we'd find out whether Robert Harvey is a sacred cow or not if we were heading into Grand Final week and he was only say 70-80% fit...
i think ross would have no choice but to play him.
i'd think that many of us would be down at morrabbin picketing ross lyon's offices if harvey wasn't picked.
I know Harvey is a total hero to all Saints, me included, and nobody in the AFL is more due a premiership than him, but I'm sure most of us would rather a Flag without Harvey than a losing GF with him.

Given the choice, I'm afraid its pretty clear, so I agree with Lyon on this one, regardless of how it sounds.
Agree.

I would rather win a flag without a Harvey but with a drug addict/criminal or the like (like what WCE did a few years ago) than come second with Harvs and a team of cleanskins!

It's all about winning the flag - how it happens and with who in your side is
less important.
Abso **** lutely you would play him!!! My god. This is not a player that can be compred to anyone else at St.Kilda, or any other club in the AFL. Many of the current group want it just as much for him as for themselves or anything else. To leave him out cause he aint 100% would be criminal. He is one of the rare breed that can still pull something out of the hat even when not right.

I could never understand a saints fan that would argue against this!!

linz
Club Player

Even if Harves was in a coma and on life-support; they would have to play him wouldn't they. Just lay him down on the bench. The ultimate "Do it for Harve's motivation" for the rest of the team. :D

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
riccardo wrote:
saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:I think we'd find out whether Robert Harvey is a sacred cow or not if we were heading into Grand Final week and he was only say 70-80% fit...
i think ross would have no choice but to play him.
i'd think that many of us would be down at morrabbin picketing ross lyon's offices if harvey wasn't picked.
I know Harvey is a total hero to all Saints, me included, and nobody in the AFL is more due a premiership than him, but I'm sure most of us would rather a Flag without Harvey than a losing GF with him.

Given the choice, I'm afraid its pretty clear, so I agree with Lyon on this one, regardless of how it sounds.
Agree.

I would rather win a flag without a Harvey but with a drug addict/criminal or the like (like what WCE did a few years ago) than come second with Harvs and a team of cleanskins!

It's all about winning the flag - how it happens and with who in your side is
less important.
Abso **** lutely you would play him!!! My god. This is not a player that can be compred to anyone else at St.Kilda, or any other club in the AFL. Many of the current group want it just as much for him as for themselves or anything else. To leave him out cause he aint 100% would be criminal. He is one of the rare breed that can still pull something out of the hat even when not right.

I could never understand a saints fan that would argue against this!!
I would not play any player who is not at least 80% fit. If he isnt he doesnt play because a flag is more important than any individual.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think many don't know Banger...

He would only want to play..if he KNOWS he can make a contribution.

When it comes to competitive spirit.....Banger has had no peer in the history of the StKFC.....and quite probably even the AFL/VFL.

He will only play if HE knows he is capble of making a difference.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....