some observations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nicola69
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:The best thing about C Gardiner is he has a HUGE motor, He ran all day and if you look at him in the last quarter he was hardly blowing at all whilst most of the other guys on the park looked knackered. Him and Roo continually leading up the ground is going to bring backmen to their knees!!

I am wondering if Gardiner could take on the lead-up forward role that the badly missed Aaron Hammill played. When Hammill was around Riewoldt was able to get closer to goals more often. Last year, without Hammill, Riewoldt spent most of the season leading up to the wing to provide the next link in the chain forward. How he managed to get all those great CHF goals too is a mystery. Testament to his great engine.

Also, I think some are a bit harsh on Rix. He is a tough customer and the right size and build. I am still skeptical about how many games Gardiner will be available for (I suspect a few only) and he looked very rusty. King hasn't played a lot in the past few seasons. It wouldn't surprise me if our ruck line up was Rix and LVR for more games than King and M Gardiner (I am hoping Blake and Kosi can be spared being dragooned back into this role - the team looks more potent with them playing other positions - the G-train will only get a few games too in my opinion if Kosi can play FF).

we exist on a brane - thank f*** for StK
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

nicola69 wrote:G-train will only get a few games too in my opinion if Kosi can play FF).
i'd be surprised if fraser doesn't play every game if fit.

i think the plan (and it is a good one) is to use all three of the 3 Divas (roo, kosi and fraser) up forward to really stretch opposition defences with possibly charlie gardiner playing as a tall "medium".

... an aerially dominant forward line that should see us in premiership contention .... barring the usual catastrophic injury crisis.

fraser is only 32, is still quick, and has a very durable body.

he is also the last bloke to kick 100 goals in a season and has been our leading goal-kicker for some years now.

way too good a player not to have on the park and a great team man to whom all the players look up
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 25 Feb 2008 9:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

jill
Club Player

We don't need a team of super stars to win a flag - just a TEAM of Believers!!!!

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Fraser for .....full back!

Has anyone thought of the left field solution if Maxie goes down again?

With our forward line full of options now that we should have decent rucks, it would be an option for FG to head back to his old hunting ground and play FB for a while - specially if Goose is struggling and Miles etc have not yet made the grade....food for thought??

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fraser for .....full back!

Saint_in_SA wrote:Has anyone thought of the left field solution if Maxie goes down again?

With our forward line full of options now that we should have decent rucks, it would be an option for FG to head back to his old hunting ground and play FB for a while - specially if Goose is struggling and Miles etc have not yet made the grade....food for thought??
No where near mobile enough. Body is older and bigger since last played there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fraser for .....full back!

Saint_in_SA wrote:Has anyone thought of the left field solution if Maxie goes down again?

'

gilbert can do that. he'll make a terrific full back (or chb or winger or hff or onballer for that matter)

fraser is too valuable where he is

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

gilbert concur

191cm rebounding big kicking goddard to come back to the line up too

raph clarke and sam fisher

gram and baker as well

and the big goose back.

get a fair run with injuries and our defence doesn't look to bad.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!