Clint Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling that he will be playing round 1....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:In a pretty one-paced team, Jones is a valuable asset even though his kicking is third rate. Make no mistake, he is super-quick.
noticed he caught a couple of essendon guys red-hot on friday night and pace is not to be underestimated as a commodity on the football field.

like many players he has strengths in some areas and glaring weaknesses in others.

he is a real goer, but as fonz :wink: and others suggest his disposal needs work.

imo he could be great value swung off the interchange and on to the ball this season

spert
Saintsational Legend

Does what a coach asks and if you look at successful teams in recent times, the good players always put pressure on their opponents and cause pressure and turnovers, which is what CJ is doing, same as Armo..these two are working hard at getting a senior berth.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

if you would be referring to my great self joffa, you would be most incorrect.

i want nothing more than us to succeed as a team, and each individual to improve with each game, i have no agenda against jones, and if i feel he is worthy of a spot in our 22 for round 1 (which imo he isn't i will also make that be known).

if he goes on and plays 150+ solid games for the club i will be a happy man, he is a real goer, a workmanlike player who just lacks the polish to be in our best 22.

i am a realist, i don't have an agenda, or an ego to protect, the fact is as a saints fan i am able to not only support, but also observe the development of players and any criticism i make of a player at the club i feel is constructive and only made in the hope that the said players flaw is ironed out and they ultimateky improve.

i would love nothing more than for jones to be a servicable player, and i would be the first to admit i was wrong if it happens. But until that time, i am just pointing out that he is not good enough to be in our best 22.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best