Well said Glenn Archer...Re Harvs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Harvey's not the first champion to be told he's past it: plenty ripped Carey, Ricciuto...and Brereton, too.
even lockett during his ill-fated comeback attempt at the swans.

to be perfectly truthful i was less than impressed with harvs's game against the bombers ... but not in the least surprised that "old father time" stepped up to the plate when it was in the balance on saturday night.

the lesson for gt and brereton is "never write off a champion".

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Harvey's not the first champion to be told he's past it: plenty ripped Carey, Ricciuto...and Brereton, too.
even lockett during his ill-fated comeback attempt at the swans.
How could I forget!

But the critics were right...
to be perfectly truthful i was less than impressed with harvs's game against the bombers ... but not in the least surprised that "old father time" stepped up to the plate when it was in the balance on saturday night.
Agreed.

Harvey's a bad player to get stuck into, because with a few games under his belt, he can very easily rack up 25 touches and look as slick as anyone.

His role has changed, he's still adapting, but as he does - and gets more game time under his belt - I've got no doubt he can still be a great contributor.

If DB gets proved wrong, he'll be the first to admit it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I have found that many players who were elite in the AFL rate Harvs higher than the general media and public.. Arch confirmed this last night, when he stated harvs is in the top 3 he'd seen with Carey and Ablett.. He said it so assertively, such that he had put alot of thought into it, and it was a certainty in his mind... Accordingly, Buckly has always publically rated Harvey very high, as has Crawford..

However, the biggest one IMO is Plugger, who has stated that Harvs was the best player he played with at the saints, and one of the best he's seen.. I think Ian Stuart has said this too..

The criticism of Harvs was more a case of wishful thinking than an observation.. Derm hates the saints, and recons the Hawks are far supirior, and GT wants to see the demise of the club, so he can skight..

Niether have anything near the credibilty of Arch or Bucks.. Well said Glenn..

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

i have always hated grant thomas he wouldn't let harvey have a testimonial in the 06 season then he got sacked and he has his testimoinial last year thank god. thomas always asked harvey to take pay cuts for the team/club and he did because he loved the joint but gt just wanted to give it all to gehrig and hamil which is the wrong way to go about things. and he didn't beleive in ruckmen i just flat out hate gt

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
the lesson for gt and brereton is "never write off a champion".
The lesson should be, FFS it's a praccy match!

Jesus. Harve's not being 100% for pre-season game!?? Is Brereton for real??

Simply perplexing that anyone even masquerading as a football person would draw even the smallest conclusion about a player from a praccy.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Well said Glenn Archer...Re Harvs

chook23 wrote:
Teflon wrote:"Robert Harvey is in the best 3 players Ive ever seen - you dont bag champions like that...."

Archer went on to say that the guys 36 yrs old - ofcourse hes working his way into the season what else do you expect?

Seriously - ALL Thomas cr@ppola aside - the biggest dills going round right now are Dermutt and Grant. To make ANY assertions on the back of 1 game is fanciful, lazy, half @ssed comment/opinion call it what you want.

Interesting to hear Harvey was quite annoyed by the comments - so he oughta be as Lyon said "the guys got credits in the bank".
The other two he mentioned Carey and Ablett Snr......

So finally someone puts banger in front of Voss/Hird/Buckley

i know how good is it :) lets throw a party haha

ive always thought bucks, hirdy and voss wree al overratted

bucks winning ball in the middle cause no one else at collingwood

hirdy was ok in his day but hes a sook

voss just captain the three peat lions.

like to see any/ all of them play 20 seasons :lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I had to read the title again after reading about all this GT bashing, fair dinkum some people need to let go, I am probably one of Bangers biggest fans but I had no problems with what GT had to say and find it unreal that some could use this thread to further their agenda against him.
I firmly believe Dermy to be a bit of a dill on the other hand I find GT to be a very clever man so I am able to split the two.
Move on people and enjoy what Harvs has left to offer. 8-)

PS The incessant GT bashing is bordering on childishness .

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to change my stance just slightly, and say a big thank you to our ex-coach for inspiring Harvs to STICK IT UP HIM!

No doubt GT will now pull out the reverse pyschology flag!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:fair dinkum some people need to let go, I am probably one of Bangers biggest fans but I had no problems with what GT had to say and find it unreal that some could use this thread to further their agenda against him. The incessant GT bashing is bordering on childishness .
exactly. the st kilda civil war ended the day that the people who removed GT ... RB and his band of men ... walked before being voted from office.

the war is over people
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 11 Mar 2008 10:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
The Fireman wrote:fair dinkum some people need to let go, I am probably one of Bangers biggest fans but I had no problems with what GT had to say and find it unreal that some could use this thread to further their agenda against him. The incessant GT bashing is bordering on childishness .
exactly. the st kilda civil war ended the day that the people who removed GT, RB and his band of men, walked before being voted from office.

the war is over people
There's still this little matter of a legal action and impending court case by the tosser who said he's never do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Football Club.

You know the arsewipe who refused to settle for $100,000 + of hush money which was offered by Butterss to Thomas for doing nothing more than keeping quiet :roll: and should never have been offered in the first place.

This was rejected by big fat greedy guts, because he also wants $168,000 in holiday pay, even though he already signed a stat dec stating he wasn't owed any holiday pay and this coming from the whizz bang negotiator who insisted on doing all the player contracts.

FAIR DINKUM :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
exactly. the st kilda civil war ended the day that the people who removed GT, RB and his band of men, walked before being voted from office.

the war is over people
There's still this little matter of a legal action and impending court case by the tosser who said he's never do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Football Club.

You know the arsewipe who refused to settle for $100,000 + of hush money which was offered by Butterss to Thomas for doing nothing more than keeping quiet :roll: and should never have been offered in the first place.

This was rejected by big fat greedy guts, because he also wants $168,000 in holiday pay, even though he already signed a stat dec stating he wasn't owed any holiday pay and this coming from the whizz bang negotiator who insisted on doing all the player contracts.

You are destroying every thread. Grow up.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think the main point's in all of this is

1 its been 2 years since GT darkened the doorways at St Kilda his "inside" Knowllege would be not much greater then yours or mine so take what he says a opinion not fact .

2 GT being a so called St kilda man would/should know that robert harvey is untouchable, people can say what they like about friends family partners but if you bag out bangers to a saints person your gunna hear about it !

3 as a comentator GT makes a good coach .... and thats saying somthing :roll:

4 who cares what a washed up has been and a grubby never was has to say about the greatest player in the game bangers proved them wrong just like he has for the last 8years when people were questioning how long he could go on for

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintly
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

the war is over people

Re GT , Barks i think you do a copy and paste job in your notes.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Clearly GT didn't know what championship qualities were when he was coach..it's a bit hard to concede the excellence in others when your ego is so big. The fact is that Harvey would have walked into any premiership team in any era and would have been regarded as an all time great -he is anyway.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Clearly GT didn't know what championship qualities were when he was coach..it's a bit hard to concede the excellence in others when your ego is so big. The fact is that Harvey would have walked into any premiership team in any era and would have been regarded as an all time great -he is anyway.
How does that relate to what Thomas said about Harvey?

Did you hear what he said?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The below is all copied froma post by Sainbrat in another string..

but love your (as in the Ox) work on Harves
Harvey responds in great fashion
I don’t want to say I told you so, but to all you Muppets out there that doubted Robert Harvey and his ability to play the game at the age of 37, suffer in your jocks. We have been told so many times to never ever knock a champion because as soon as you do they will turn around and prove you wrong. It was only eight days ago when many were criticising Harvey and his decision to play this season because his form against Essendon had been below par. “He looks like he’s running in gumbootsâ€

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Fact is dodgy, if the fat pig had his way, he would have exited Harvey out two years ago, THAT SAYS IT ALL REALLY, should be enough even for apologist's such as yourself.

Get it, if Thomas was still coaching, it's more than likely Harvey would be retired for a whole host of reasons.

Thankfully we have a coach who truly repsects the legend/champion that Robert Harvey is and continues to be.

The measure of Harvey's worth is not simply all about how many times he gets the ball, even though he still finds it quite a bit, but is also the spiritual high and the aura that he creates by his mere presence, these are the intangible's that are seemingly lost on the slimy, megalomaniacal, machavelian maestro, svengali snakeoil salesman, know nothing numbnutted, nuffie, buffoon and pissant, Grunt Thomarse.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Fact is dodgy, if the fat pig had his way, he would have exited Harvey out two years ago, THAT SAYS IT ALL REALLY, should be enough even for apologist's such as yourself.

Get it, if Thomas was still coaching, it's more than likely Harvey would be retired for a whole host of reasons.

Thankfully we have a coach who truly repsects the legend/champion that Robert Harvey is and continues to be.

The measure of Harvey's worth is not simply all about how many times he gets the ball, even though he still finds it quite a bit, but is also the spiritual high and the aura that he creates by his mere presence, these are the intangible's that are seemingly lost on the slimy, megalomaniacal, machavelian maestro, svengali snakeoil salesman, know nothing numbnutted, nuffie, buffoon and pissant, Grunt Thomarse.
Huh??

Where did that come from?

Did you accidentally respond to the wrong post?

I don't know how any of that is relevant??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Huh??

Where did that come from?

Did you accidentally respond to the wrong post?

I don't know how any of that is relevant??
It doesn't suprise me that a laterally challenged nuffie like you dodgy would not be able to connect the dots.

Let me make it simple for you, as obviously that's what is required for you to have any chance whatsoever of understanding anything.

The topic is about Thomas's opinion and assessment of Robert Harvey as an AFL footballer.

You still following, still with me?

Ok, the post I made was about how even two years ago, Thomas was trying to exit out Robert Harvey, such was his then negative opinion of Harvey's continued worth as an AFL footballer.

This getting too hard for you?

Please let me know if you're up to speed, before I bother trying to educate you any further, ok :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
It doesn't suprise me that a laterally challenged nuffie like you dodgy would not be able to connect the dots.

Let me make it simple for you, as obviously that's what is required for you to have any chance whatsoever of understanding anything.

The topic is about Thomas's opinion and assessment of Robert Harvey as an AFL footballer.

You still following, still with me?

Ok, the post I made was about how even two years ago, Thomas was trying to exit out Robert Harvey, such was his then negative opinion of Harvey's continued worth as an AFL footballer.

This getting too hard for you?

Please let me know if you're up to speed, before I bother trying to educate you any further, ok :wink:
My apologies.

I thought this thread was about Brereton's comments and Thomas' apparent agreement with them to extent.

My mistake.

I had no idea it was just another 'I hate GT' thread.

JeffDunne

Is "laterally challenged" the inability to move off a line?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Poor Dodgy - of course it's an I hate GT thread. What's not to hate?

And now I wait for Mischa's illuminated contribution.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021