It's happened- the new saints.com.au

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
riccardo wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
riccardo wrote:
Go Sretnias Go wrote:Riccardo, if you ring the Club you will proberbly find out!
Would if I could. I'm actually at work right now, and thats supposed to be what the website is for.
So you can waste time at work?
That is 5 degrees north of none of your damn business.

I thought persona; attacks were not allowed now - seems the "new" Saintsational isn't so new after all. :roll:
Keep your skirt on princess
For goodness sake, we all follow the same team! Cut the insults or go barrack for Collingwood where they appreciate that sort of behaviour.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I agree. The relevant posters have been warned.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
RBnW
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:I pray that a few of the StKilda Board visit this fan forum, because i want them to hear this loud and clear.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE COMPLAINED TO G WESTAWAY.
The old website was nothing more than a Bigpond website ported from the AFL.
The new website is nothing more than a Bigpond website ported from the AFL.
Nothing has changed, and Im so disappointed. This was meant to be a new site written from the ground up, written for us.
The layout is confused and busy, & the coding is so bloated.
And hear this marketing people, I REFUSE to click on advertising links for dating/telstra related websites. Try to think about audience related links. If the club is expecting revenue from this website they had better get ready for a rude shock.
You might not believe in conspiracy theories, but try this on for size;
it takes over 20minutes++ to load the front page at 56kb. Unusable, which forces you on to broadband.
Broadband companies (Bigpond-Telstra) love people who go over quota:
The front page has @ 5mb of data just to load the front page, but this is a bit understated because if you left the page open all day that would increase because of the constant reloading of data.
Believe me this is the first and last time I will be going to saints.com.au
WOM and SS for me.
Now if we can only get those two people talking we might have something.
Peanut + SS + supporter contributions = the best saints site ever.
great idea let us take $ away from the club and set up our own site with supporter contributions... :roll: :roll:
after all we had a maximum of 270 users on the site at the same time on one day.... our all time record.... :? :?
Get broadband and get a life...... :shock: , Telstra paid something like $70m for the websites which the club must get something from the AFL.....your suggestion would take $ away from the club, great supporter....what about thinking about the club first and not yourself.. :shock: :?

Our best is yet
to come......
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

RBnW wrote:
sunsaint wrote:I pray that a few of the StKilda Board visit this fan forum, because i want them to hear this loud and clear.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE COMPLAINED TO G WESTAWAY.
The old website was nothing more than a Bigpond website ported from the AFL.
The new website is nothing more than a Bigpond website ported from the AFL.
Nothing has changed, and Im so disappointed. This was meant to be a new site written from the ground up, written for us.
The layout is confused and busy, & the coding is so bloated.
And hear this marketing people, I REFUSE to click on advertising links for dating/telstra related websites. Try to think about audience related links. If the club is expecting revenue from this website they had better get ready for a rude shock.
You might not believe in conspiracy theories, but try this on for size;
it takes over 20minutes++ to load the front page at 56kb. Unusable, which forces you on to broadband.
Broadband companies (Bigpond-Telstra) love people who go over quota:
The front page has @ 5mb of data just to load the front page, but this is a bit understated because if you left the page open all day that would increase because of the constant reloading of data.
Believe me this is the first and last time I will be going to saints.com.au
WOM and SS for me.
Now if we can only get those two people talking we might have something.
Peanut + SS + supporter contributions = the best saints site ever.
great idea let us take $ away from the club and set up our own site with supporter contributions... :roll: :roll:
after all we had a maximum of 270 users on the site at the same time on one day.... our all time record.... :? :?
Get broadband and get a life...... :shock: , Telstra paid something like $70m for the websites which the club must get something from the AFL.....your suggestion would take $ away from the club, great supporter....what about thinking about the club first and not yourself.. :shock: :?
thanks for the get a life suggestion, I wil give it a try some time I hear it is good.
Not all of us live in capital cities, with endless access to broadband.

By your comments I take it that this is the last time you will be posting on this fan forum site, and dont you dare go over to WOM. I hope you enjoy clicking on the revenue links which is how the club gets the $ and talking to all the other fan forum posters on saints.com.au

Seeya
TwoTowers
Club Player

Even with broadband its pretty tragic. Thought, obviously mistakenly, that we were something similar to westofmoorabbin.com. What a missed opportunity.

st_nick
Club Player

sunsaint, twotowers and others,

Keep in mind that this is still the afl.com.au offshoot and not the new standalone site that the club has been promising. That would be http://www.saintscentral.com.au
Of course, it's just sitting there with a coming soon placeholder, and has been for some time now. One would assume that it would be up and running in time for the start of the new season, I guess we'll know in a few days.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thats my understaning too st_nick

saintscentral will be a more intimate entry to the club with player and coach access- whether it be via blog or just diary type entries. but wait and see

bTW I like your avatar and signature.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:thats my understaning too st_nick

saintscentral will be a more intimate entry to the club with player and coach access- whether it be via blog or just diary type entries. but wait and see

bTW I like your avatar and signature.
but saintscentral concept is a big wank, when you've got Peanut's WOM site already up and running.....just my opinion.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Sunsaint, your report last Friday to me is accurate, the new Saints.com is an absolute disgace.

The new IT Manager at the Club must be a BigPond/AFL stooge because everything has been designed for revenue production for BigPond/AFL at the expense of the StKFC and us as Members and supporters.

The StKFF team under Westerway and Co. announced the new Sainters.com as the Club site but as I've indicated previously, I would think the AFL/BigPond partnership will pull out all stops to make it difficult for the Club to get the site up and running.

Maybe Peanut, who I think enquired about the Club's IT Manager position, will know the in's and out's of what it's all about and maybe the politics of it all.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

st_nick wrote:sunsaint, twotowers and others,

Keep in mind that this is still the afl.com.au offshoot and not the new standalone site that the club has been promising. That would be http://www.saintscentral.com.au
Of course, it's just sitting there with a coming soon placeholder, and has been for some time now. One would assume that it would be up and running in time for the start of the new season, I guess we'll know in a few days.

And that they club doesn't have much of a say in how it's designed or ran as well.

Saritas Westway said he would put up saintscentral.com.au not a new saints.com.au thats owned by telstra and the club can't use that. It will be a seperate site ran by the saints with the saints.com.au still being run by bigpond. Two sites like it is with Essendon.

Bigpond site = http://www.bombersfc.com.au/
Official club site = http://www.essendonfc.com.au/

TwoTowers
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
st_nick wrote:sunsaint, twotowers and others,

And that they club doesn't have much of a say in how it's designed or ran as well.

Saritas Westway said he would put up saintscentral.com.au not a new saints.com.au thats owned by telstra and the club can't use that. It will be a seperate site ran by the saints with the saints.com.au still being run by bigpond. Two sites like it is with Essendon.

Bigpond site = http://www.bombersfc.com.au/
Official club site = http://www.essendonfc.com.au/
Thanx all for clarifying the position.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

fyi from WOM

Saints Central Website
It is expected that if everything goes according to plan the new club website 'saintscentral.com.au' will be online in time for the start of the 2008 Home and Away season. The website is believed to be an initiative of the newly installed Westaway board which has responded to supporter requests and complaints of the AFL/Bigpond website during supporter meetings prior to their installment. It will be run by a club staff member who was hired specifically for this task and run independently to 'saints.com.au'. It is planned to include breaking news, blogs, social networking and club announcements along with a library of video and audio clips. The media library will be showcasing historic moments, current news and extended press conferences. The website is planned to include a daily documentary of the club and a no cost networking element which will allow registered users access to exclusive behind the scenes footage, competitions and online chats with Saints staff and players. Essendon have already developed their own independant website - essendonfc.com.au which is a non AFL/Telstra site. See Page 22 of the St Kilda Membership brochure.