Kangaroos vs. Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cirra
Club Player

While watching this game I couldn't help but think, if Kangaroos had any defensive skills they might have been able to stop Essendon.

Ox was talking about Kangas needing more speed in the game, however, if after the Bombers had kicked 4 in a row it would have been an excellent time to try lock-down footy for 10 minutes to get the momentum away from them.

I thik this is an excellent thing that our team will be able to do through out the year.
My father on Saturday was talking about our defensive style early last year and I started playing devil's advocate for a moment. I said, what if Lyon's eyes were on the future when he instructed us to be extremely defensive during the first 11 rounds of 2007.
We were a team that could not stop a run-on. If a side kicked three quick goals we were at a loss to stop it. So, he needed to teach us the extreme of defensive footy to show us how to change the tempo.

Now, hopefully we can use both styles with effectivness, something the Kangaroos could not do today.

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
st_nick
Club Player

Darren wrote:Essendon confirmed a PCL on Lucas' knee, will miss up to half the season.
Ah jeez, there goes my first SuperCoach trade for the year. And to think I only swapped him in at the last minute when I was finalising my lineup... Who did I take out you ask? 6-goaler Buddy Franklin. So :evil: right now.
I guess Buddy gets his spot back then.

HarveysDeciple

cost me 8 tips this one!!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Great win by the Bombers: boy was I way off the mark. :oops: :oops:

I think it's going to be a long season for the Roos supporters (.....sitting in their phone box :wink: ).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift