People living in WA

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Significant failure on the part of the AFL not to negotiate a broadcast agreement where this situation was avoided.

Another tick for Mr. Demetriou.

Seriously, what kind of ludicrous loophole allows Foxtel and FTA to show the same match at the same time in the same place?

It's Abbott and Costello stuff ... (and that reference is to the comedy duo AND the incompetence of the two former ministers)
Last edited by Oh When the Saints on Thu 27 Mar 2008 3:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

megs4#31
Club Player

yeah the 5 year thing, everyone seems to only stay that long. i think thats the plan for us as well.
its funny up here, i actually dont know anyone who isn't a footy fan. definitely a footy state this one. every man and his dog has an opinion on the afl. usually to bag the weagles.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
RoseInOz
Club Player

I hope when they next negotiate an agreement the AFL fans in WA and Queensland are given the right to see ALL the games, not just the ones that the broadcasters and AFL think we are interested in.
So far we have been lucky here in Queensland, and we have had all the games available for us to view. Lets hope it continues.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
RoseInOz
Club Player

My husband wants to know if Crushers are still playing AFL and if they are, how are they going. They won a Grand Final while we were there.
John Bedford was the Captain I think.
I wondered if the Liam Bedford playing Afl now for Geelong is any relation.
My husband says the place to frequent was Crushers or the Spinifex Club.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
RoseInOz
Club Player

Just a note on a different note all together, on indigenous footballers We also worked in an Aboriginal community, Koonibba, on the Eyre Peninsula. The boys from that community and its surrounds are the Burgoynes, Graeme Johncock (who's father was a great footballer), Harry Miller, Eddie Betts, Byron Pickett, Gavin Wanganeen, and Daniel Wells.
Koonibba Football Club is the oldest surviving Aboriginal football club in Australia.

megs4#31
Club Player

We've got Towns, Panthers and Tigers in the AFL up here. Towns has won for a few years in a row now. Crushers is still around though.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!