Team for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Out: Gehrig, Raph, Fiora

In: Charlie Gardiner, Armitage, M.Gardiner or Birss if not available

got to get the softer players out against Cats
i dont think drop gehrig,

i say OUT

raph,blake,Fiora,

INS:
charlie gardiner, Armo, M gardy, C.jones & fergo or gwilt

happy feet
Club Player

Kosi to CHB

I like the thought of Kosi to CHB. He has palyed his best football there early on and he will give Mooney a hard time. I cannot think who else could pick up Mooney and be effective enough in clearing the ball out of the back line.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
fugazi wrote:Out: Gehrig, Raph, Fiora

In: Charlie Gardiner, Armitage, M.Gardiner or Birss if not available

got to get the softer players out against Cats
i dont think drop gehrig,

i say OUT

raph,blake,Fiora,

INS:
charlie gardiner, Armo, M gardy, C.jones & fergo or gwilt
Might win with 24.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

well i dont know who else to take out, but there who i would like in the team

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:well i dont know who else to take out
I think that we should take out ablett and bartel !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:well i dont know who else to take out
I think that we should take out ablett and bartel !
would be a great idea,

matchups...who u think will be matched up on ablett bartell?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team for next week

skeptic wrote:God I hope M. Gardiner is back...

It's a tough ask because it's not as simple as dropping a few bad performing players... it's a question of which players can win their respective positions... not just negate.

Here's my try:

B L.Fisher, Hudghton, Ferguson
HB Goddard, Kosi, S.Fisher
C Gram, Ball, C. Gardiner
HF Schnieder, Riewoldt, Dal Santo
F Milne, Gehrig, Gilbert
R King, Hayes, Armitage
Int M.Gardiner, Harvey, Montagna, Geary
Emg Raph, X, Fiora

IN
Ferguson, Armitage, C. Gardiner, M. Gardiner

OUT
X, Raph, Blake, Fiora,

Basically I wanted to mix it up a bit.
In the backline, I want players that can spoil as well as provide a bit of run. Goddard and Sam can do this this and Kosi won't outbodied 1 on 1; all 3 of these players can hurt the opposition on the rebound and demand accountability.
Kosi and Roo can swap if need be. Ferguson can mark and has a tank on him... can slot right into Raph's role but hopefully do it better.

Get Gram away from the backline, he can't spoil. Charlie provides a marking target up the ground and generally isn't too bad a field kick... + he's hard working.

At HFF you want players that can kick goals from about 50m out or chip it into a leading forward

AM tired of Gilbert playing as a KPP; awful 1:1 defender. We need to utilise his run and toughness. Have him play as a medium sized forward that can alternate into the midfield

Time to give Armo a run too, much better prospect than Jones. Get some run onto the bench.

Fiora - Not influencing the games enough... does some nice things and will be back but needs get more ball

Raph - Still think he's being unfairly maligned but nonetheless, would like to see Fergs have a go in this role

Blake - Simply has too many defincies in his game. Players run off/around him, defensive work poor, squanders shots at goal, possessions don't hurt the opposition. Would rather Raph in the team

X - Phased out of games far too easily
agree but swap x for dal and birss for milne. Dal needs a good kick up the arse, he is one of the untouchables who has the skills and ability to take control of games yet refuses to do the hard work to make that happen. Would rather get on the highlight real then attack the pill, needs to go in body behind the ball and get the damn thing. X had a great game the week before and brings both an inside and outside game to our side.

I agree with sheehan about playing milne with schneider, currently we can't afford a FP who only plays that position. Birss is a good contested mark, reliable kick for goal and has shown real guts in packs for casey so far.

I like the idea of throwing gilbert forward, kosi down back. I would be willing to play king first ruck and throw the big mac to the wolves in a suprise move. The same thing happened with kruzier and a couple of games here and there will be good for the youngster.

This game will be won in the coaches box IMO, ross needs to throw things around and be able to motivate and lift this team's intensity. Dropping someone like dal would be a BIG wake up call

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

It's a tough ask because it's not as simple as dropping a few bad performing players... it's a question of which players can win their respective positions... not just negate.

Here's my try:

F Milne, Gehrig, Gilbert
R King, Hayes, Armitage
Emg Raph, X, Fiora

IN

OUT
X, Raph, Blake, Fiora,

In the backline, I want players that can spoil as well as provide a bit of run. Goddard and Sam can do this this and Kosi won't outbodied 1 on 1; all 3 of these players can hurt the opposition on the rebound and demand accountability.
Kosi and Roo can swap if need be. Ferguson can mark and has a tank on him... can slot right into Raph's role but hopefully do it better.

Get Gram away from the backline, he can't spoil. Charlie provides a marking target up the ground and generally isn't too bad a field kick... + he's hard working.

At HFF you want players that can kick goals from about 50m out or chip it into a leading forward

AM tired of Gilbert playing as a KPP; awful 1:1 defender. We need to utilise his run and toughness. Have him play as a medium sized forward that can alternate into the midfield

Time to give Armo a run too, much better prospect than Jones. Get some run onto the bench.

Fiora - Not influencing the games enough... does some nice things and will be back but needs get more ball

Raph - Still think he's being unfairly maligned but nonetheless, would like to see Fergs have a go in this role

Blake - Simply has too many defincies in his game. Players run off/around him, defensive work poor, squanders shots at goal, possessions don't hurt the opposition. Would rather Raph in the team

agree but swap x for dal and birss for milne. Dal needs a good kick up the arse, he is one of the untouchables who has the skills and ability to take control of games yet refuses to do the hard work to make that happen. Would rather get on the highlight real then attack the pill, needs to go in body behind the ball and get the damn thing. X had a great game the week before and brings both an inside and outside game to our side.

I agree with sheehan about playing milne with schneider, currently we can't afford a FP who only plays that position. Birss is a good contested mark, reliable kick for goal and has shown real guts in packs for casey so far.

I like the idea of throwing gilbert forward, kosi down back. I would be willing to play king first ruck and throw the big mac to the wolves in a suprise move. The same thing happened with kruzier and a couple of games here and there will be good for the youngster.

This game will be won in the coaches box IMO, ross needs to throw things around and be able to motivate and lift this team's intensity. Dropping someone like dal would be a BIG wake up call
Seen alot of the reserves this year? You want 5 changes which will not happen. You want to drop our leading goalkicker and our most creative player. The side you want would be the biggest side in history and would provide no run. Have you heard of team balance.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Mmm lets see, we lost last week, and won the two previous games and the NAB cup -SACK 'em all incuding the coach!
Here's my team..totally pathetic players, barely good enough to beat any team (sorry I've been reading this forum too much)..its a team where balance is restored across the lines:

B:Kozi Max Milne
HB: XClarke SFisher Geary
C: Gram Armo Roo
HF: Goddard Gwilt Hayes
FF: Ball Gilbert NDS
Rucks: King Montagna Jones
Bench: Harvs, Charlie C, Gards, Schnieder
Emerg: Fiora, Ferguson, LFisher, Blake

saintjake
Club Player

i like it coz gwilts in the team :D
not to sure about milne in the back pocket tho
lol

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Mmm lets see, we lost last week, and won the two previous games and the NAB cup -SACK 'em all incuding the coach!
Here's my team..totally pathetic players, barely good enough to beat any team (sorry I've been reading this forum too much)..its a team where balance is restored across the lines:

B:Kozi Max Milne
HB: XClarke SFisher Geary
C: Gram Armo Roo
HF: Goddard Gwilt Hayes
FF: Ball Gilbert NDS
Rucks: King Montagna Jones
Bench: Harvs, Charlie C, Gards, Schnieder
Emerg: Fiora, Ferguson, LFisher, Blake
that could work :lol:

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

like this idea,

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Here's my try:

F Milne, Gehrig, Gilbert
R King, Hayes, Armitage
Emg Raph, X, Fiora

IN

OUT
X, Raph, Blake, Fiora,

Seen alot of the reserves this year? You want 5 changes which will not happen. You want to drop our leading goalkicker and our most creative player. The side you want would be the biggest side in history and would provide no run. Have you heard of team balance.
aww I've missed you so much plugger66.... NOT!

yeah I do want to drop our leading goal kicker because currently we are getting killed in the midfield rotation and having both schneider and milne forward reduces our midfield rotation. As I said, birss can play forward (along with ball) and also on ball, much better then a stand alone FP.

I want to drop the creative player because he just refuses to do the basics and is treading water. Dal is going backwards, getting a kick up the arse might be just what he needs.

If gardiner does not come up for saturdays game I would still play kosi at CHB and give big mac a go in the ruck. Sometimes young players do well when thrown in the deep end.

Stop getting your knickers in a knot and relise that these are just suggestions. Of course I would not encourage the selection of McEnvoy along with the two main ruckman. Learn to read between the lines!

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Here's my try:

F Milne, Gehrig, Gilbert
R King, Hayes, Armitage
Emg Raph, X, Fiora

IN

OUT
X, Raph, Blake, Fiora,

yeah I do want to drop our leading goal kicker because currently we are getting killed in the midfield rotation and having both schneider and milne forward reduces our midfield rotation. As I said, birss can play forward (along with ball) and also on ball, much better then a stand alone FP.

I want to drop the creative player because he just refuses to do the basics and is treading water. Dal is going backwards, getting a kick up the arse might be just what he needs.

If gardiner does not come up for saturdays game I would still play kosi at CHB and give big mac a go in the ruck. Sometimes young players do well when thrown in the deep end.

Stop getting your knickers in a knot and relise that these are just suggestions. Of course I would not encourage the selection of McEnvoy along with the two main ruckman. Learn to read between the lines!

I havent missed you because I like to read people who have at least a remote idea about footy. Afterall it is footy forum not a comedy forum.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Here's my try:

F Milne, Gehrig, Gilbert
R King, Hayes, Armitage
Emg Raph, X, Fiora

IN

OUT
X, Raph, Blake, Fiora,

I havent missed you because I like to read people who have at least a remote idea about footy. Afterall it is footy forum not a comedy forum.
no worries mate, when you actually put some thought and insight into a post get back to me.... for someone who suggests most others have no idea you seem to lack the ability to actually debate football topics in general.

seriously mate, get off your soap box, your actually a pompous idiot

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Here's my try:

F Milne, Gehrig, Gilbert
R King, Hayes, Armitage
Emg Raph, X, Fiora

IN

OUT
X, Raph, Blake, Fiora,

no worries mate, when you actually put some thought and insight into a post get back to me.... for someone who suggests most others have no idea you seem to lack the ability to actually debate football topics in general.

seriously mate, get off your soap box, your actually a pompous idiot
Yes excellent comeback.

Ps to mods please do not give this guy a warning for saying I am an idiot like I got 3 weeks ago as he could be right. I may be an idiot but one thing I am not is pompous. It is not slightly upsetting to me what people say about me so no warnings please.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

can't handle the truth get out of the kitchen. You suggest I have no idea about football, suggesting my posts should be on a comedy forum. And yet you jump up and down when I call you pompous! AWWWW didums!

But seriously is there any chance you can actually argue a point? You suggest that I have no idea about a balanced side and yet when your twisting of my comments are shown up to what it is you just suggest I have no idea.....

go figure!

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:can't handle the truth get out of the kitchen. You suggest I have no idea about football, suggesting my posts should be on a comedy forum. And yet you jump up and down when I call you pompous! AWWWW didums!

But seriously is there any chance you can actually argue a point? You suggest that I have no idea about a balanced side and yet when your twisting of my comments are shown up to what it is you just suggest I have no idea.....

go figure!
I thought I did by mentioned team balance and that 5 changes was to many and you wanted to leave out our leading goalkicker and most creative player. That is my way of argueing that I think you may be wrong. I havent got the time or the brains to write 10 paragraphs about why I think you are wrong. You need to read between the lines.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:can't handle the truth get out of the kitchen. You suggest I have no idea about football, suggesting my posts should be on a comedy forum. And yet you jump up and down when I call you pompous! AWWWW didums!

go figure!
I thought I did by mentioned team balance and that 5 changes was to many and you wanted to leave out our leading goalkicker and most creative player. That is my way of argueing that I think you may be wrong. I havent got the time or the brains to write 10 paragraphs about why I think you are wrong. You need to read between the lines.
Not asking for 10 paragraphs but something more behind it will make it sound like there is some thought behind it, insteed you come across as things are a certain way FULL STOP. thats why I think you are arrogant

Anyway, on your short points; 1. They will be too tall (not sure how? a ruck for a ruck), 2. 5 changes too many (why not? we have made more and gone on to win the week after). 3.Remind me how many our leading goal kicker got last week? Does he give us anything in the midfield? And you can be as creative as you want but if dal can't get the ball then he should stick to creative works not football :wink:

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

go figure!
Not asking for 10 paragraphs but something more behind it will make it sound like there is some thought behind it, insteed you come across as things are a certain way FULL STOP. thats why I think you are arrogant

Anyway, on your short points; 1. They will be too tall (not sure how? a ruck for a ruck), 2. 5 changes too many (why not? we have made more and gone on to win the week after). 3.Remind me how many our leading goal kicker got last week? Does he give us anything in the midfield? And you can be as creative as you want but if dal can't get the ball then he should stick to creative works not football :wink:
1. Who is the ruckman being dropped for McEvoy. Surely that is Blake played on the ball last week. Also including C gardiner and drpping a running Back in Clarke a runner in Fiora and only including one running player in Armo unless you count Birss for Milne but we also lose another runner in Dal.

2. RL has shown nothing to suggest he will make 5 changes unless there are injuries and we have won 2 out of 3 even though we have been far from impressive.

3. 2 one less than Kosi and one more than G.

4. Dal is 5 times any player who comes in.

That is as good as it gets from me.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

you dont drop dal, he just broke up with his gf, that is going to stuff around with anybodys head no wonder he played shithouse,

gehrig is still good he takes the best backman every week.

Raph,fiora, Maybe even gilbert & blake, i would drop .

INS

Armo.
M&C gardiner,
CJ

id bring them in

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:you dont drop dal, he just broke up with his gf, that is going to stuff around with anybodys head no wonder he played shithouse,

gehrig is still good he takes the best backman every week.

Raph,fiora, Maybe even gilbert & blake, i would drop .

INS

Armo.
M&C gardiner,
CJ

id bring them in
You have mentioned the GF thing 3 times. I will fallin and ask how do you know.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

go figure!

1. Who is the ruckman being dropped for McEvoy. Surely that is Blake played on the ball last week. Also including C gardiner and drpping a running Back in Clarke a runner in Fiora and only including one running player in Armo unless you count Birss for Milne but we also lose another runner in Dal.

2. RL has shown nothing to suggest he will make 5 changes unless there are injuries and we have won 2 out of 3 even though we have been far from impressive.

3. 2 one less than Kosi and one more than G.

4. Dal is 5 times any player who comes in.

That is as good as it gets from me.
I did agree with the suggestion that kosi goes to CHB, thus if M.Gardiner doesn't come up then perhaps big mac would be a go

I would make fergi for raph, birss for milne, armo for dal and gardiner/macenvoy for blake.

FQF
In richo I trust

milney044
Club Player

I agree with Plugger66, how can you even contemplate dropping Dal, for one NONE of our reserves players will do better than Dal, especially because if you drop him, the player he normally plays on is likely to line up on the included player. Eg. possibly a bartel or selwood lining up on a CJ or Armo. Can you honestly say Armo or CJ or the team as a whole would benefit from this? I'd hate to think what it would do to their confidence. Yes they need to get a feel for AFL but this is a big demand from junior players. If you want to bring one of these guys in fair enough, but bring them in for a player of similar standard ala Fiora.

I don't understand why the Milne/Schneider combo isnt working..imo it's one of few positives this year - Schneider has racked up a fair few possies and Milne is our leading goal kicker. What's the problem?

I wouldn't make too many drastic changes, for one it effects team balance and it's only early days. Plus big changes should occur when there's starting 22 players likely to return. This week the only possible starting 22 to return are M. Gardiner and perhaps Charlie. Therefore i would consider these two inclusions. If Gards isn't right then i would consider an Armo or CJ.
Yes we had a shocking game, but it is just that, ONE shocking game. A few losses in a row and then i would consider big changes. Until then, minor.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.