the raids start.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The only thing that gets me worried is the whole free agency idea. The only reason players don't change as much as other sports is that there are only certain ways to move (trades/drafts). Thus there is more 1 club players, which in my mind is a good thing.

I hate the idea they peddled that players who have played 10 years can be put as a vet under another club if they get traded before the 10 years are up. The vet status not only encourages clubs to hold on to older players it encourages players to stick with the club that has developed them.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
rexy
SS Life Member

All the speculation is very funny I think, 4 years ago they would have been targetting Tarrant and look at him now.

Buddy could be the great unfulfilled potential by then, C Cornes could be retired due to a quick decline in the body, like Vossy. Same goes for big Jon Brown.

The best players in the AFL could be completely different by 2011.

Maybe this year?
esaint66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint edward wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:oh right, i didnt know that,

why did hall & everitt leave for

I think hall left ebcause he wanted to sort of slip into a good side and not have the whole big 'following' of football sort of around him. (much like players from NSW and QLD coming down to the storm).

they left for the money ffs...end of story..... :twisted:
Hall - money and the anonymous existance of an AFL player in a Thugby dominated state.

Take away the money factor (which in around 90% of the cases is one or the main reasons) and you have pretty much what i said. pretty good estimation :lol:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Shoot, I feel old that I remember, but nevertheless....

Barassi didn't leave Melbourne for money. He left for the opportunity to coach which wasn't going to happen whilst Norm Smith was coming off another premiership. Little did he know.....

McKenna also didn't leave for money. He actually had a year playing for Devonport in the Tassie league in between playing for Collingwood and then one year for Carlton in 1977. I think a kidney or some such injury cut short his time at Collingwood and Carlton were the only club that gave him a return shot. He kicked something like 40 goals in 10 games for Carlton. Gun player in his day.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.