Dermie the fool

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Red
Club Player

So if these guys want to play on next year are you all saying they should?

Also how can a player prove himself if he isn't getting a game.

I'm not a fan of stats look at Joel Bowden over the last 4 years and tell me

when he influenced a game even though he got 25+ regularly.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Red wrote:So if these guys want to play on next year are you all saying they should? - i would Trust the match commitee and Harves to make that assesment based on all factors not just age and emotion

Also how can a player prove himself if he isn't getting a game. therse a thing called the VFL and training
I'm not a fan of stats look at Joel Bowden over the last 4 years and tell me

when he influenced a game even though he got 25+ regularly. right name me one game where Harvey has got "cheep" possessions and hasnt hurt the other team ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Red wrote:
Harvey ...hanging around for 1 more year.

???

Fair dinkum...

Banger is still a big game player...have a look at the NAB GF and tell me who bobbed at vital times..

Banger twice..

Once early to break the game open and set some goals up for the saints.

Later late in the game when the Crows had surged back...it was Banger that with that set up the goal.

Banger may not be what he was...but he is still worthy ofa place in our 22.

Hanging around??? Not all all.

now sure his role has changed...he is morea link player thana ball winner...but he is still playinga worthy role in the 22.

And I can certainly say that if any of our key forwards were asked if they on the lead who would they most want to have passing to them, that the answer would be Banger still.

Now maybe, just maybe by seasons end Armo, Birrs, or someone else will have improved enough to merit a spot to displace Banger. But that day has not yet arrived.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 11 Apr 2008 4:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
Red wrote:You don't get the point. You have Harvey running around for another year

and we don't make a Grand Final or win the Cup. He retires and the young

fellas haven't had any development time. We need the kids to develop.
He is actually playing quite well ATM, if he was hiding in the forward pocket or getting 4 touches a game, I'd be the first to suggest he be left out in favor of a younger guy (lets face it, they are ALL younger guys to our Harves!)

He is holding his spoty in the team on the merits of his performances, not his reputation, like others I could mention *cough*Hird&Archer*cough*
You are joking about Hird arent you or dont you watch Essendon games.

Red
Club Player

St Trav the past 2 games. I know you will find a period of play where he

bobs up and does something. However if you think he has been influencing

games maybe you need to watch them again.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Dermi played for Woori Yallock in the YVMDFL grand final last year. Took the place of a very good kid and he did nothing. They lost, but hey, derm got to play in another gf, and that's what matters most...
Also got belted up and contributed nothing. A lot of locals werent happy with his inclusion.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Red wrote:St Trav the past 2 games. I know you will find a period of play where he

bobs up and does something. However if you think he has been influencing

games maybe you need to watch them again.
red in the last two games can you name me one player who influenced the game ?? the fact is as a team we have been poor bangers role has changed we dont need him to be the game winner he once was he has his role and he compleates his job . if he wasnt performing then he himself would be the first one to say maybe i should step aside .
in footy you must always pick your best 22 for the day at this moment in time none of our kids are better then Harves so they wont get a game over him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Red
Club Player

St Trav I was only replying to your statement.

jill
Club Player

Haven't seen any ref. to it on any thread - but how about Harves's pass into space on forward line that "drilled" Saint & resulted in a goal - in 3rd .quart.? He is a Champion!!!!- and holds his head up high on all aspects of the game!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Harvs is still good enough to get a game but I must admit when we start remembering a couple of things any player should do in a game and say how good that was then that is a worry.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Hate to say it... but it's a cheap shot by Derm... who I do respect and enjoy listening to. Had 35 been a Hawke - Derm would never have come out with this rubbish. Really, why did he bother? He was less than convincing on SEN tonight while comparing West (footescray) to Harves. One caller says... "oh, so you reckon Harves is a receiver and doesn't go in for the hard ball then Derm?".... back peddle.... run away, run away.... :)

:) Priceless. Good call by that Sainter on the line.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.