Gardiner out again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
Buckets wrote:He was never in to begin with!!!!!!
But according to Plugger's post he was 50/50 the previous week so therfore he should have been an automatic naming in the side to play Geelong.

We as fans are being treated like Shiit by the match commitee.
We have reasonable expectations of knowing all the correct information all of the time. It is immaterial what the opposition may or may not know about our team make-up, structure or contingency plans. As long as we the fans know, that is all that matters.

Lol had to read that a couple of times.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
But according to Plugger's post he was 50/50 the previous week so therfore he should have been an automatic naming in the side to play Geelong.

We have reasonable expectations of knowing all the correct information all of the time. It is immaterial what the opposition may or may not know about our team make-up, structure or contingency plans. As long as we the fans know, that is all that matters.

Maybe I should have added a :) at the end?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I love sarcasm so good post even though its not what I said. The saints picked him 2 weeks ago and he didnt play. They said he was 50/50 last week and didnt get picked this week which is fair enough but to still not be available next week means that he was never 50/50 this week. And if you think opposition clubs dont know changes before hand get to know an assistant coach at a club ring him before a game. He will tell you who is and isnt playing and just about have the other side in their correct position. So I again say why not look after supportors a litlle more because this isnt heping us win.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I love sarcasm so good post even though its not what I said. The saints picked him 2 weeks ago and he didnt play. They said he was 50/50 last week and didnt get picked this week which is fair enough but to still not be available next week means that he was never 50/50 this week. And if you think opposition clubs dont know changes before hand get to know an assistant coach at a club ring him before a game. He will tell you who is and isnt playing and just about have the other side in their correct position. So I again say why not look after supportors a litlle more because this isnt heping us win.
The idea that keeping a team guessing as to whether a player is or is not playing - Helps us win...is absurd.
Other teams won't change their team, game plan or style based on whether or not someone is playing...and if they did; they would have lost it before it started.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Re: Gardiner out again

[quote="plumtire"]:x Get him back to WA!!!! :evil: waste of money and time bring back Rix at least he can stay fit :x[/quote

Surely you jest! :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Plugger, I reread your original 50/50 post and unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote I think I have accurately stated it.

Nonetheless, surely it is no-one but the Coach, his match commitee, selection panel and players' business what they (the Club) show as our Team List and Injury List.

They are the ones whose jobs are on the line if they don't perform and as long as its within the scope of the 'rules' they are entitled to say, do, write whatever they feel will give them an advantage, however miniscule that may be.

I don't believe anyone who posts on here would be privy to knowing exactly what goes on in the inner sanctum of our CLub in these matters and to complain about these decisions without having the necessary information seems pointless.

Who knows what their motivation is behind this - I certainly don't and would be staggered if anybody else on here did.

BUT I trust my Club to do the right thing. If they don't do the right thing and enough members agree then they will answer for it at the next election.

I find it absolutely staggering that so many posters on here have so many negative comments about a myriad of aspects of our Club with so little informed knowledge on the very matters we are commenting on.

You and others criticise the merits of the 'injury list/availabilty list publication, with no real inside knowledge. None of us have rewal inside knowledge as to the nature/extent of the injuries and how they impinge on any players' ability to perform the tasks they are set.

Others criticise the 'team selection' with no inside knowledge. We all have players we like/dislike and pass comments about how come this one is selected because he is a 'sh1t player' instead of that one who is a 'gun'. How do we know more than the coaching panel (whom the Club are paying in excess of $1,000,00 per year to decide these selection issues)?

Others criticise players' games without any knowledge of what the coach(es) asked them to do. I'm sure no posters on here were given the inside info on what the matchup roles were last Saturday and what was expected from those players.

Others criticise the gameplan without actually having inside knowledge of what the gameplan is. They may think they know but I would bet good money that RL hasn't run the gameplan past any poster on here for approval or comment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I never have a go at team selection or who should be in or out. You are right on that issue but as I have stated and you have ignored it the opposition know what is going on about who is and isnt playing so why shouldnt we the supportors. A couple of posters on here may know as well but 98% dont and I dont see how lying and yes it is lying helps us win games and that is what we need to do. By the way I didnt think we voted for the coach.

GrumpyOne

plugger66 wrote: the opposition know what is going on about who is and isnt playing ........ so I dont see how lying and yes it is lying helps us win games ......
Not so sure about that first comment.... and secondly, if it only gives us a 1% advantage I'll take it every time.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I never have a go at team selection or who should be in or out. You are right on that issue but as I have stated and you have ignored it the opposition know what is going on about who is and isnt playing so why shouldnt we the supportors. A couple of posters on here may know as well but 98% dont and I dont see how lying and yes it is lying helps us win games and that is what we need to do. By the way I didnt think we voted for the coach.
No we vote for the Board who hire/fire the Coach and CEO.

And I didn't ignore your point at all. I'm saying that no-one, including you and me, knows the real reasons why they announce what they announce. You choose to berate them for it because you assume they have no valid reason to do it whereas I choose to believe they know what they are doing.
Glass half empty/half full I guess.

james rose
Club Player

if at the start of the year most of us were offered MG playing 50% of games we would of taken it and ran..... lets not jump the gun because he started better than expected!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote: the opposition know what is going on about who is and isnt playing ........ so I dont see how lying and yes it is lying helps us win games ......
Not so sure about that first comment.... and secondly, if it only gives us a 1% advantage I'll take it every time.
I cannot prove this on this forum but take it as read that they do know so there isnt even a 1% advantage.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

I've figured out the system the club uses.

It's like when you ask a girl how many guys she's been with - you take her answer and multiply that by 3.

2 weeks * 3 = 6 weeks.

Gardiner's out for 6. Massive loss.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

OLB, what if the girl claims to be a virgin - how does the system work then?

3 times zero is still zero. :)

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I'd rather MG sit out until he's 100% ready, than risk him so early in the season.

Sure we do need him.....aren't we 6-0 with him in the side???

(I know im including the NAB cup, but anyways)

Still I'd rather him playing come rounds 16-22 than rounds 2-8.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

OLB wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I've figured out the system the club uses.

It's like when you ask a girl how many guys she's been with - you take her answer and multiply that by 3.

2 weeks * 3 = 6 weeks.

Gardiner's out for 6. Massive loss.
Ahhhh.....the rule of 3.....as consistent as gravity :wink:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I wish this grand,how long is Gardiner going to be missing and why doesn't the club fess up,thread was the major concern with the team at this time but it's not............

They are still trying to adjust to the fact that games aren't over at quarter time.............

By the way,how long do they conduct intensive training for nowadays,about 30 minutes maybe..................mmmmmmmmmmmmm

:?:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Then why did the club even mention he could have been a chance last week. I must say I am getting sick of late changes when the club know the player is out and sick of the lieing about injuries. It is not as if it is helping us to win.
Its all about keeping the opposition guessing mate.

In modern football you don't give any info away, and RL is not going to reveal all on this forum as more than Saints supporters read it.
That may be true about keeping the opposition guessing but my guess is that the club you are playing know exactly who is and isnt playing so the only people who dont know are the saints supportors.
Yep, spot on, no doubt the inter-club intellegence network is good enough to find this info out.

IMO the clubs should all name a sqaud of 25 on Thursday night, and confirm the final 22 half an hour before play - a bit like soccer.

That would sort out all of these late changes issues once and for all!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
TAGHLAO
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Give me a break. Match committee's job is trying to win a game of football, not please the likes of you. Grow up.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

TAGHLAO wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Give me a break. Match committee's job is trying to win a game of football, not please the likes of you. Grow up.

Er, it was a sarcastic joke which everybody other than you seemed to get.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Re Gardiner. Did we really think that a 110 kg giant with dodgy foot would get through more than 2 games on the Telstra Dome concrete. The surface is not safe and the AFLPA need to do something about the work place of Ess, Dogs and Saints players.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Playing the devils advocate here..

If he was 50/50 two weeks ago and they took a cautious approach and not played him then he didn't improve during the week they wouldn't play him again would they.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:Re Gardiner. Did we really think that a 110 kg giant with dodgy foot would get through more than 2 games on the Telstra Dome concrete. The surface is not safe and the AFLPA need to do something about the work place of Ess, Dogs and Saints players.
You really do need to do some more homework..

It is the lack of sunlight which causes the grass thatch to die.

So far this year the grass thatch is thick and healthy....so your theory is way off.

Reportedly they have bought some European lights to keep the grass growing this season...so we will wait and see how it goes. In previous years once they put the grass in it starts to die and more so in the colder months when the sun angle worsens.

But again it is not the concrete...the concrete deck does not make the surface harder!!! It is the roof blocking the sunlight which is what grass needs to grow.

The surface is harder when the grass thatch is thin as the players stops then impact the soil....rather than sprongy grass thatch.

Soil has little give....heathy thatch acts like a shock absorber.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Michael Gardiner only needs to play one good game - the one at the end of September.
Rix adds nothing. It would be better to give McEvoy the chance ahead of Rix. He would benefit more from the experience and not be any worse than Rix.