We will lose supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

By the way, I called what you said stupid because it IS stupid, go and read it again.

Behind Play
Club Player

Not only is your opinion worthless, Joffa I feel that you as a person is worth even less.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote: Yeah whatever Joffa, your just a big yawnfest really. What a pity you sully the name of one of our greats.
is that all you have?

got those figures from 1897-1903 yet?

It wasn't your opinion, you stated a fact that this is the most boring gameplan in history.

Credibility = > window :roll:

How anybody can take your "opinion" seriously after posting that hysterical clap trap is anybodies business.

I see you didn't take my granddaddy's advice.

You HAVE removed all doubt.

And whose name did I sully you complete fool? Have you any idea at all or are you really this ignorant and stupid?

NO IDEA :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I didnt say that all! Are you being serious or just out for a argument, cause you are deadset coming off the fool here!

I do think its a deadset shocker of a gmaeplan though, however I dont recall saying anything about worst in history ..

And what the hell are you talking about 1897 - 1903?

If anything at all that happened then is in ANY way, ANY WAY relevent to football today than you are a deadset dropkick.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Im talking about Jeff Cunningham, do I really have to explain these things? Are you the full quid?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:By the way, I called what you said stupid because it IS stupid, go and read it again.

What a hypocrite. You state you have a right to an opinion but then wont let others have theirs. It was my opinion not a fact. But then again you state as a fact that a team can NEVER be 6-0 playing that gameplan :roll:

Can you not see the dripping irony in your position. No I suppose not :roll:

Anyway No less stupid than STATING as fact (as you did) it is the worst gameplan in history of the STKFC. That was a doozy.

REMOVED ALL DOUBT

carry on 8-) 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well you can have your opinion and Ill have mine as you have said.

Still Im curious , WTF has 1893 - 1903 got to do with anything?

Ill tell you what, NOTHING. Its NOT relevant. Playing that way today will not get you to 6 and 0, and we are going nowhbere playing this way. That is MY opinion, now go and annoy someone else.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote: Ill tell you what, NOTHING. Its NOT relevant. Playing that way today will not get you to 6 and 0, and we are going nowhbere playing this way. That is MY opinion, now go and annoy someone else.
No I enjoy annoying you.

Again you state as a fact when it is only your opinion.

And you are right 1897-1903 is irrelevant, just like STATING AS FACT (not opinion) BUT FACT that this is the worst gmeplan in the history of the STKFC.

With idiotic statements like that you deserve derision.

Oh and my opinion is that there are too many negative whiners on this site and in my opinion your are one of them.

Only my opinion of course, and you will defend my right to have it wont you?

carry on 8-)

Lance or James??

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

absolutely you can have that opinion. But Ill state again I did NOT say it is the worst gameplan in history.

Heres a little project for ya,

Go and copy and paste that statement from me, you will be up all night cause it dosent exist!

Anyway, I DO think it is absolute dog of a gameplan, and you seem blissfully happy with the way things are going.

Well, we differ on that, and well, thats it really.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I agree with the OP. We will lose supporters if this continues.

No hysterics. I am a long time member and supporter.

I suffered through the ugly 80’s as much as anyone did.

We are playing ugly football and I called that after our win against Sydney in Round 1, but was prepared to cop that based on who we were playing.

Come the Dogs game I said we’d get flogged by their style of play if we continued playing the way we were.

We are still playing that way.

I hear that RL says he is not coaching us to play that way; well what exactly is he coaching for at the moment? If his style of coaching isn’t based on the Sydney style, then he clearly has not got the group behind him, his message obviously just isn’t getting through. And that rests with him, AFAIC.

Back to the topic, the football world is talking about the pathetic boring brand of football we are playing – and I have to agree. We diehards will still make the journey and still buy our memberships, but the swinging voter may just jump off and if this continues, we may be staring 25000 or fewer memberships next year.

Don’t believe it? Look at our membership numbers from the early 00’s.

Too many were forgiving of us almost making the finals last year.

After 4 last year we were 2/2 with a % of 99.

After 4 this year we were 2/2 with a % of 90.

After 6 last year we were 3/3 with a % of 97.

After 6 this year we are 3/3 with a % of 95.

Similar pattern to last year. But I see our run home this year harder than last years, particularly based on the season thus far.

Yes we should beat Richmond this week, bringing us to 4/3 and all will be forgiven.

But FFS quite rightly we should be beating Richmond. How many supporters really are confident about this week?

We need to look at how we beat them this week and the style of play we beat them with.

Personally I am far from happy with the way we go about it at the moment. I don’t like accepting mediocrity. And I hate being the butt of the multitude of Saints jokes about us being the great under-achievers and proud of it.

And FWIW I think a few first posters have been dealt with harshly - I don't see troll signs, I see passionate supporters who are frustrated and need to vent, and they deserve to be heard.

Trolls make too many historical and grammatical mistakes eg. "remember that game Plugger played for us in 97" or spelling "Hudgten" etc.

These people seem genuine.

Maybe they are.

markmark
Club Player

Premiship teams play attacking footy. We will never win a premiship playing this negative footy

Bring it on
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markmark wrote:Premiship teams play attacking footy. We will never win a premiship playing this negative footy
Yes, you are 100% correct.
Who won the premiership in 2005?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

All supporters are entitled to their opinions and Ive seen some great points for/against our current plight.

For the record Im a Lyon fan - not gonna change that 6 games in no matter how annoyed I am (and I am also) about how we are going about it.

What I am having trouble with is.....I have seen us this year break the shackles and look awesome - see Bulldogs in the first qtr.....a currenttop side??? wemade em look stupid......is anyone suggesting that was Sydney's game plan?

Is anyone suggesting the second qtr where we scored heavily, had a zillion shots on goal against Essendon is Sydneys game plan????

not convinced on that argument yet......time will tell.

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:All supporters are entitled to their opinions and Ive seen some great points for/against our current plight.

For the record Im a Lyon fan - not gonna change that 6 games in no matter how annoyed I am (and I am also) about how we are going about it.

What I am having trouble with is.....I have seen us this year break the shackles and look awesome - see Bulldogs in the first qtr.....a currenttop side??? wemade em look stupid......is anyone suggesting that was Sydney's game plan?

Is anyone suggesting the second qtr where we scored heavily, had a zillion shots on goal against Essendon is Sydneys game plan????

What don't you understand Teflon?
It is obvious to anybody who is watching that when we appear to be playing well it is actually that our opponents are playing badly. Or so I've been told over the last few days.

You see when we do play well it goes against the argument that Ross Lyon (Barney, Lyin and all sorts of other derisive names) is coaching us to play his crap gameplan.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Teflon wrote:All supporters are entitled to their opinions and Ive seen some great points for/against our current plight.

What don't you understand Teflon?
It is obvious to anybody who is watching that when we appear to be playing well it is actually that our opponents are playing badly. Or so I've been told over the last few days.

You see when we do play well it goes against the argument that Ross Lyon (Barney, Lyin and all sorts of other derisive names) is coaching us to play his crap gameplan.
LOL nice work Magic

I do take some heart our Captain just quoted the games I mentioned above as examples where we played attacking footy.......

He then goes on to say we have struggled to put 4 qtrs together........is that the REAL issue??

“Yeah….nah””