I will say it again...we must play the kids and rebuild

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
Kosi will have to play forward and I think McEvoy will have to wait his turn even though he was good yesterday
Whats all this "have to" mate?
Maybe it just might be McEvoys "turn"
Even if the G doesn't hang up his boots This bloke needs more ruck development OK but he casts a big shaddow and can take a mark overhead (which is more than G does nowdays, and is a very good kick) he wont be any worse when it hits the turf either , besides we have Milne & Schnieds who can gather and feed off him

and why not try Kozi on Brown , who says he has to play forward, his Mum?

I remember one day at the Lake Oval v South Melbourne
We were 7 goals down at 3/4 time no real wind
Jeans swapped our young FF from Sandy a bloke named Bob Murray with the veteran Verdun Howell at FB, told VH to stand in the g-square

VH kicked 4 or 5 and we won! and a new star ws born at FB
Just my opinion. You could be right but I think Kosi had more hope of kicking goals than McEvoy at this stage. Will not worry me if he plays though as Ithink he is pretty good. By the way Kosi's mum would like him to play as a ruck rover type.

starsign
Club Player

By the way Kosi's mum would like him to play as a ruck rover type.
LOL
yeah he did pretty good as a ruck-rover in the Brocklesby U12's, but he's grown a bit since then and I really think she would prefer him playing back up here in the bush mate, anyway I'll ask her!

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

king
gardiner
dempster
schnieder

birss
gardiner

lyon thought he had a flag for the taking when he arrived thought all he had to do was plug a hole or two...welcome to the real world

over the next 3 months we will now see if he's a coach (a teacher) or whether he's a gap filler to

ya not going to go far when your lineup consists of 6 average gap fillers from elsewhere coupled with our own 1/2 doz gap fillers....12 of our 22 are average at best

too much left to to few

geel & hawth would be lucky to have more than 2 rejects from elsewhere at their club let alone 1/2 doz playing at one time

back to square one...we have a core of 8-10 players who you can build a team around...start building

would rather lose trying to unearth something than slowly go down the gurgular with the same old recycled faces...no more gehrig,fiora,dempster ,c.gardiner & one or 2 others...their best just aint good enough

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

I agree with bringing in youngsters, but not rebuilding.

McEvoy, Jones, Geary, Ferguson, Allen, McQualter, Eddy, Stevens all deserve chances.

congorozides
Club Player

groupie1 wrote:does anyone like this for a line up that bloods some youth and gets the depthers out:

Geary Hudghton Gilbert
Goddard Kozi Fisher
Dal Santo Harvey Baker
X Clarke Reiwoldt Montagna
Milne Gehrig R Clarke

Gardiner Ball Hayes
King Armitage Birss Steven

EM: McEvoy, Allen, Eddy, Gwilt

Elevated: Eddy or Mini - I prefer Eddy

OUT DUE TO FORM: Gram, Schneider, C Gardiner
OUT LONG TERM: Goose, Attard
BASICALLY OUT FOREVER: L Fisher, Fiora, Blake, Rix, Dempster, Jones

King/Gardiner replaced with McEvoy, never Rix
Kozi back frees Fisher to provide run
Hudghton replaced with Gwilt when injured
Kozi stint in backline might get his marking & form going - he's not been any more out of form than G
R Clarke replace3d with Schnieder if he doesn't work out

Alternative Kangaroos-like forward line set up:

Geary Hudghton Fisher
Baker Kozi Birss Dal Santo (loose)
Gilbert Goddard Reiwoldt
Montagna R Clarke Ball
Milne Gehrig

Gardiner Harvey Hayes
King Armitage X Clarke Stevens

this makes the middle the half forward line:

ie attack begins with Fisher, Dal... to Roo in the middle - passes to Goddard with long peircing kicks to FF, or Gilbert with run through and then kick, during both of which R Clarke runs defensive side to take a big man away, small HFs run forward - leaving the football deep forward with G and Milne running torward the ball, and Monty, Ball running toward goal - we have one tall - G, surrounded by Joey, Milne, Ball
i like the way u are thinking but R clarke will never make it