I would drop 6......to send a message..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:So people don't think Gram was working his way back into form last friday nite with his dash and long kicks inside 50 and that nice long range goal.

I thought he was coming back into form guess it was just me who thought that.

I agree, I think Gram is getting closer to turning it all around.....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:I agree, I think Gram is getting closer to turning it all around.....
Couldn't exactly get much worse though. He still needs to maintain accountability.

super dooper
Club Player

Geary must play imo showed a lot of good signs from the games ive seen him play, havent seen his casey form of late though. Im interested to see the likes of Mcevoy and even Allen have a shot at an AFL level. Lets face it we struggle to win in brissy at the best of times, give these kids a go, in particular when the likes of leunbuger are in the ruck it would give mcevoy a good opportunity.

As for Dempster his unforgiveable defensive effort against didak where he sold him the biggest load of candy to get onto his left hand side early in last qt to me warrants ommision. I progressively yelled left side louder and louder as he did the inevitable, very frustrating. Geary is the obvious replacement for him.

I think Charlie might get one more chance to redeem his efforts of last week, as for raph clarke unfortunately there isnt much to replace him as an extra tall down back,

obviously gehrig is an ommission and there is the potential of luke ball since he was in a moon boot only a couple days ago. A few dilemmas this week

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

still the milne hatred continues.

aside from farmer how many 15 possession a game 2 goals a game small forwards are there?

I would say if milne were micky o'loughlin or jetta or didak or any of the other high profile or one game a year stars, the ranters would be saying why didn't we get them?

the fact is for 150 games milne has on average delivered 2 goals and 2 goal assists, not much more you can ask for a forward.

for team squeaking out 100 points or so a game, we really can't afford to dump someone who scores or sets up 1/4 of our score

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Geary is one player who gets a lot of the ball, and links up well, but never really looks like being a gamebreaker.

We need more players like him.

Halo Halo
Club Player

saintbob wrote:The following players should never be picked again

Milney - Played 100 games to many. Kicks around corners , hardly ever hits a target,makes to many dumb decisions. Should be playing with Casey

Fiora - Sleeps with the light on.

YOU ARE A TOOL!!

Milney won the game against the tigers & has been handy for uss in the majority of the 149 games he has played for us!!

bergsone
SS Life Member

Surely Fiora would not get a game on what i saw last week.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:.....L.Fisher/Birss/Dempster all played in the one team last week......had 26 disposals between them...
You might find they had 41 disposals between them....

To be fair on Birss, he tried to play as a negating forward on Heath Shaw - reducing Shaw's output to 11 disposals - instead of 30 + :shock:

I don't think they will drop Dempster or Gram

Hold your ground :shock:
congorozides
Club Player

saintbob wrote:The following players should never be picked again

Raph Clarke - Simply not up to it, makes to many dumb decisions

Milney - Played 100 games to many. Kicks around corners , hardly ever hits a target,makes to many dumb decisions. Should be playing with Casey

Fiora - Sleeps with the light on

Birss - Skillful but simply too slow

These players should be given as much time as some of the overated players above

Jones - Simply has to play forward as his pace and aggression is whats sadly missing

Ferguson - Never given time

Howard - Drafted because of his pace and skill, not been given a chance

McEvoy - Is ready, sorry Rixy, but the kid deserve a chance if King or Gardiner are injured again this season.

good post. im 100% behind it.

Hard at it
Club Player

Re: I would drop 6......to send a message..

BigMart wrote:not sure we are gonna win anyway......but about time the list was put on NOTICE!!!!

Average efforts are not acceptable, and safe, boring, easy selections do not advance anyone....

And DO NOT bring back underdone players in a fit of panic to save your ass Ross.....it worked last week with Max.....but it will backfire (Maguire, :x )

Bakes does not even deserve a game if fit.....he needs to find some footy....has had his pants pulled down this season, and has not got near it...

BTW Casey are first......because the players are HUNGRY

OUTS: Ins":
Gram...............Fiora (HBF) (whilst X is out, Fizz's last chance)
C.Gardner........Ferguson (FP) (better form, more versitile)
Schneider.........McQualter (NT/HFF) (more defensive pressure up fwd)
Dempster.........Geary (BP) (more attacking)
Gehrig..............Jones (INT/HFF) (tall for small to address pace issues)
R.Clarke..........ALLEN (CHF)(until Roo is ready)

And NONE of the dropped 6 as emergancies....harden up on them!!!!

LOTS OF PLAYER THERE ON THEIR LAST LEGS......they will put in 100% or thats it!

B: S.FISHER - HUDGHTON - GEARY
HB: GODDARD - BLAKE - FIORA
C: DAL SANTO - HAYES - HARVEY
HF: BIRSS - ALLEN - McQUALTER
F: FERGUSON - KOSI - MILNE
FOLL: GARDINER - BALL - MONTAGNA
INT: KING - ARMO - JONES - L.FISHER
EMERG: McEVOY - GWILT - STEVEN

I would be SAVAGE on the the piss poor players that were carried last week.....an omission would do them the world of good......

this team might not win, but it would have a CRACK....and who knows from there....bit like the NAB cup...hunger breeds success
This post was going ok until you put Fiora in as an inclusion. On one hand you want to drop players for poor form, yet you want to include a player who has shown sweet f@#k all the whole season. If that is not a backwards step then i dont know what is

killa_gram
Club Player

Re: I would drop 6......to send a message..

Hard at it wrote:
BigMart wrote:not sure we are gonna win anyway......but about time the list was put on NOTICE!!!!

Average efforts are not acceptable, and safe, boring, easy selections do not advance anyone....

And DO NOT bring back underdone players in a fit of panic to save your ass Ross.....it worked last week with Max.....but it will backfire (Maguire, :x )

Bakes does not even deserve a game if fit.....he needs to find some footy....has had his pants pulled down this season, and has not got near it...

BTW Casey are first......because the players are HUNGRY

OUTS: Ins":
Gram...............Fiora (HBF) (whilst X is out, Fizz's last chance)
C.Gardner........Ferguson (FP) (better form, more versitile)
Schneider.........McQualter (NT/HFF) (more defensive pressure up fwd)
Dempster.........Geary (BP) (more attacking)
Gehrig..............Jones (INT/HFF) (tall for small to address pace issues)
R.Clarke..........ALLEN (CHF)(until Roo is ready)

And NONE of the dropped 6 as emergancies....harden up on them!!!!

LOTS OF PLAYER THERE ON THEIR LAST LEGS......they will put in 100% or thats it!

B: S.FISHER - HUDGHTON - GEARY
HB: GODDARD - BLAKE - FIORA
C: DAL SANTO - HAYES - HARVEY
HF: BIRSS - ALLEN - McQUALTER
F: FERGUSON - KOSI - MILNE
FOLL: GARDINER - BALL - MONTAGNA
INT: KING - ARMO - JONES - L.FISHER
EMERG: McEVOY - GWILT - STEVEN

I would be SAVAGE on the the piss poor players that were carried last week.....an omission would do them the world of good......

this team might not win, but it would have a CRACK....and who knows from there....bit like the NAB cup...hunger breeds success
This post was going ok until you put Fiora in as an inclusion. On one hand you want to drop players for poor form, yet you want to include a player who has shown sweet f@#k all the whole season. If that is not a backwards step then i dont know what is
Took the words right out of my mouth. The original OP lost all cred when he included Fiora as an in.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:aside from farmer how many 15 possession a game 2 goals a game small forwards are there?
There are no 15 possession, 2 goal small forwards in the competition.
the fact is for 150 games milne has on average delivered 2 goals and 2 goal assists, not much more you can ask for a forward.
Please stop pulling stats out of your imagination. Milne has never even averaged one goal assist per game.

Milney is a decent player, but he did have a shocker last week. Tried his guts out but nothing worked for him.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:aside from farmer how many 15 possession a game 2 goals a game small forwards are there?
There are no 15 possession, 2 goal small forwards in the competition.
Please stop pulling stats out of your imagination. Milne has never even averaged one goal assist per game.

Milney is a decent player, but he did have a shocker last week. Tried his guts out but nothing worked for him.

Season Num MT Team K H D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
2008 44 8 St Kilda 84 27 111 13.9 39 4.9 0 0 15 1.9 5 11 20 2.5 15 135 590 73.8

sorry 14 possession games in 2008 and 1.5 effective goal assists (did set of 2 goal opportunities per game) and 1.9 tackles per game.

v collingwood kicked 2.2 and 14 disposals with 44% of his possessions contested.

still puts him in an elite category for small forwards.

http://superstats.heraldsun.com.au/profile/200108.html

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

Except for his 14 disposals and 2 goals....

I note your stat above that no FP averages 15 disposals....and yet Milne gaining 14 is a shocker???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
what about my team:

HB: UP SHT CRK
CHB: IN DP SHT
C: NO FKN HPE
HF: ITS TO HRD
FF: LZY @SS BSTDS

Int: SE YA LTR

EMMERG: 000

very witty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: