Is this leadership?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

All your doing Dan is overrating the list still, we had a crack at it didnt get the job done and now its time to rebuild, but no you would rather keep rating our rockstars and carry on about dropping them then carry on about the coach and call for his head and this will get a flag going forward in 2009.

C'mon mate settle down a bit and accept the fact that we didnt make it over the last 5 years and it is starting to catch up with us, this list will not bring a flag to st kilda and if you think it will with a new coach then you are a bloke with the biggest set of rosies on ever.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Why do other coaches get more out of less?

the coach certainly believed we were close because he brought in guys like M Gardiner, Doc Clarke, and steven King close to the end of their careers, and 'top up' players mid career like dempster, charlie gardiner, clint jones, and co.

I certainly don't beleve our window is closing, I believe we have a solid list who are chronically underperfoming because the coach lacks in giving them direction.

how many players are playing at the same standard or worse than 3 years ago?

How many players are playing without any confidence in their own ability or the abilities of their colleagues?

the games we have won, we have done so by bludgeoning down teams on our raw talent.

the period under Ross lyon are lost years as they were under timmy watson.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
krabb
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:
I certainly don't beleve our window is closing, I believe we have a solid list who are chronically underperfoming because the coach lacks in giving them direction.
Lol...oh yeah Dan the old window has closed mate...you better start dealing with it.

Why do players need direction?

Dont they know how to play football?

How do they lose skills Dan?

Kids under10's have skills..

How do they lose confidence?

They get paid big bucks because of their football abilities...that should give them all the confidence they need.

If the dills we have playing for us dont know the basics of football....ie..get the friggin ball...pass the friggin ball to a teammate who's not covered by 10 players...and head for the forward line so someone down there with a brain can kick a goal...then i give up.

Its not up to Lyon to teach them how to play...its up to him to teach them how to win.

I dont care if the guy talks Russian gobbly gook through a balloon full of water...or if he has Tourette's syndrome.....he'd there to coach and make hard decisions.

He's now doing the latter...at least give him a fair go.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

krabb wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
Lol...oh yeah Dan the old window has closed mate...you better start dealing with it.

Why do players need direction?

Dont they know how to play football?

How do they lose skills Dan?

Kids under10's have skills..

How do they lose confidence?

They get paid big bucks because of their football abilities...that should give them all the confidence they need.

If the dills we have playing for us dont know the basics of football....ie..get the friggin ball...pass the friggin ball to a teammate who's not covered by 10 players...and head for the forward line so someone down there with a brain can kick a goal...then i give up.

Its not up to Lyon to teach them how to play...its up to him to teach them how to win.

I dont care if the guy talks Russian gobbly gook through a balloon full of water...or if he has Tourette's syndrome.....he'd there to coach and make hard decisions.

He's now doing the latter...at least give him a fair go.
so the players don't need direction?
the players confidence comes from themselves alone?
the players are all responsible for their own skill levels?

and Ross Lyon's ONLY job is to teach them how to win.

you've just about absolved Ross of doing anything at St KIlda.

sack him now, because if thats his ONLY job as coach, he's failed.

SHUT UP KRIME!
kaos theory
Club Player

The continual rubbishing of Lyon on here is laughable.

Do you all think before the rubbish spews out of your gobs?

Suck it up....we have 3 new players in the team...its a breath of fresh air...and its what most on here have been screaming about.

So poor old Dal was dropped...bigdeal!

Maybe now he'll take his head out of his @rse and wake up.

Great move by the Coach or the selection team or whoever...

Good luck to the 3 new kids...
Well said Krabb.

It is unfeaken-believable how poeple on this site are carry on over this. Its like a witch hunt, where every little thing said or done by RL is another clear sign he is the anti-christ!

The level of intelligence displayed here makes a collingwood supporter look like an rhodes scholar!

Suddenly, GT-isms like 'exiting-out' 'bringing A' games, etc...every one is ok with.... :roll:

I don't know whether RL is the right coach for us, he is not currently performing to expectations. BUT I'd rather he make the big calls to shake up things. If he fails in this approach, so be it, the sooner we will find all out if he can succeed.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
The continual rubbishing of Lyon on here is laughable.

Suck it up....we have 3 new players in the team...its a breath of fresh air...and its what most on here have been screaming about.

Well said Krabb.

It is unfeaken-believable how poeple on this site are carry on over this. Its like a witch hunt, where every little thing said or done by RL is another clear sign he is the anti-christ!

The level of intelligence displayed here makes a collingwood supporter look like an rhodes scholar!

Suddenly, GT-isms like 'exiting-out' 'bringing A' games, etc...every one is ok with.... :roll:

I don't know whether RL is the right coach for us, he is not currently performing to expectations. BUT I'd rather he make the big calls to shake up things. If he fails in this approach, so be it, the sooner we will find all out if he can succeed.
It's pretty simple - win games.

Until he does, until he even remotely appears to be doing something positive then he'll continue to cop shiit.

You mention GT - he copped it even when we were winning. To be honest, I think Lyon is getting off very, very easily. Even now the press are being very leniant with him.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

krabb wrote:The continual rubbishing of Lyon on here is laughable.

He's being deservedly rubbished Krabb. He's turned into a completely uninspiring management nerd who spits out gobbledygook. Craps on about 'process', 'facilitating information' etc. He sounds more like an insurance executive than a footy coach. Has completely lost me. Wouldn't be unhappy to see him booted.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
krabb wrote:The continual rubbishing of Lyon on here is laughable.

He's being deservedly rubbished Krabb. He's turned into a completely uninspiring management nerd who spits out gobbledygook. Craps on about 'process', 'facilitating information' etc. He sounds more like an insurance executive than a footy coach. Has completely lost me. Wouldn't be unhappy to see him booted.
wow sounds like the criticism directed at GT, only GT picked up a rubbish team down on cofidence and used to losing and turned it around.

RL picked up a team high on confidence and used to winning and turned it around.

SHUT UP KRIME!
kaos theory
Club Player

Until he does, until he even remotely appears to be doing something positive then he'll continue to cop shiit.
I assume the only thing 'positive' as far as your concerned is for him to walk out. Get a grip roger...

Dropping underperfoming big name players isn't positive is it? Bringing in 3 new young players isn't positive is it?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
Dropping underperfoming big name players isn't positive is it? Bringing in 3 new young players isn't positive is it?
Why is it positive?

Why has taken until our season is finished for this to happen?

Why is our season finished?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

I assume the only thing 'positive' as far as your concerned is for him to walk out. Get a grip roger...

ROFL had a look at the herald sun

22 possessions per game, 6.6 contested possessions, 2.9 tackles...

Judd is in brownlow medal winning form with 24 possessions 8.8 contested possessions adn 3.4 tackles.

clearly Dal Santo is WAAAAAY off the mark in 08 :roll:

he's a scapegoat for the team lacking leadership from teh coaches box, and sadly on the field as well.

besides its never the coaches fault, its all the players.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Digs20

Ay Teflon

When 'Toss' Lyon has us leading at 3/4 time in a prelim two years in a row, add another comment. Until then don't even mention Thomas and 'Toss' in the same sentence please.

If Thomas said "I'm sorry I got outcoached" weekly, wouldn't that mean he's taking responsibility for the effort, preparation and ultimately the result of the team? I'd sure prefer that to some unproven slug who is 'results-based'.

Here's a results-based outcome for you 'Toss' - Milny and Dal kicking back tonight knocking off a slab and laughing about how you talk.

The players have more respect for a the daily dump Grant Thomas takes than 'Toss' and his whole ancestry put together.

"What I’ve got to do is assess, review, plan and implement and get to work and be solution-based." [Ross Lyon, corporate jargon king.]
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ay Teflon

Digs20 wrote:When 'Toss' Lyon has us leading at 3/4 time in a prelim two years in a row, add another comment. Until then don't even mention Thomas and 'Toss' in the same sentence please.

If Thomas said "I'm sorry I got outcoached" weekly, wouldn't that mean he's taking responsibility for the effort, preparation and ultimately the result of the team? I'd sure prefer that to some unproven slug who is 'results-based'.

Here's a results-based outcome for you 'Toss' - Milny and Dal kicking back tonight knocking off a slab and laughing about how you talk.

The players have more respect for a the daily dump Grant Thomas takes than 'Toss' and his whole ancestry put together.
is that you matty young?

(no 20! who timmy thought delany was better!)

SHUT UP KRIME!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

RL: Classic case of requiring responsibility be accepted by others before actually accepting it oneself

Just saying "i accept responsibility" isn't actually accepting it.

I see no passion, no hurt, no vulnerability....none of the things that demonstarte that he is actually inside the team as opposed to outside observing it.

The more the pressure builds up the more RL's language becomes more remote...

Coaching is a tough gig, no doubt, and the players have equal resposibility. I don't discount the possibility of a bit of a prima donna element at the club...but unless the coach can model passion and responsibility...don't expect the players to demonstrate it.

Nee!