Changes for this week against the Kangeroos

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ins Dal, Milne, hopefully Kosi but have my doubts

Outs Lenny, Geary and Gardiner if Kosi plays.

yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Ins Dal, Milne, hopefully Kosi but have my doubts

I reckon Lenny will be ok Plugger.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:

Not from what I hear but I hope you are right.

yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
yipper wrote:

Well he goes out with the daughter of one of my work colleagues - and he has tiold her he should be right to go. So, we will wait and see.I'm just spewing he got injured when he did - how many possessions would he have got on Friday night??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
yipper wrote:

Well he goes out with the daughter of one of my work colleagues - and he has tiold her he should be right to go. So, we will wait and see.I'm just spewing he got injured when he did - how many possessions would he have got on Friday night??
Well I hope your source is correct.

I think he will be selected on Thurdsay.....but we will not know till sometime Sat whether he will play or not.

Given past patterns even if Hays is already 100% out...he wil be picked anyway!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I dont believe Hayes will get up.....he looked ordinary after the game...

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Milne and Dal must come in if we want to be competitive. If fit, Gardiner and Kosi will be automatic selections as well.

Assuming those four are inclusions then I'd think Geary, McQualter, McEvoy and Allen would make way. Though personally I would rather C.Gardiner, Dempster, Jones (those 3 with no hurt factor) and McEvoy (better than Rix, but not really ready) as the outs.

If Gardiner isn't fit then McEvoy keeps his spot and if Kos doesn't come up then both of Allen and C.Gardiner will stay.

I would like to see Birss back in the team as well. He was kicking goals, stopping his opponents and using the footy well. Don't know why he was dropped in the first place.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Milne and Dal must come in if we want to be competitive. If fit, Gardiner and Kosi will be automatic selections as well.

Assuming those four are inclusions then I'd think Geary, McQualter, McEvoy and Allen would make way. Though personally I would rather C.Gardiner, Dempster, Jones (those 3 with no hurt factor) and McEvoy (better than Rix, but not really ready) as the outs.

If Gardiner isn't fit then McEvoy keeps his spot and if Kos doesn't come up then both of Allen and C.Gardiner will stay.

I would like to see Birss back in the team as well. He was kicking goals, stopping his opponents and using the footy well. Don't know why he was dropped in the first place.
You obviously dont watch games and get an opinion of someone and what ever they do you will not change your mind. I am not a great CJ or Dempster fan but tou have to drop players on what they have done the previous games and these 2 are not even close to being dropped. Watch the game through both eyes and without an agenda it is much more fun.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

dal and milne in for perhaps geary and mini

but would not complaign if we went in with no change...

I think lenny will get up. Back spasms are strange ones to treat, they can come good after a little rest and massage (good blood circulation).

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to win,or at least have a minor chance.

Therefore Dal,Milne and Birss must come in,and it's a joke if they arn't included.

No point rushing any of the injured back considering we have a week off after this game. Give them an extra 2 off,you know they'll just break down again if they're brought back in.

Outs- Take your pick of any Geary, McQualter,Jones,Gwilt,Allen,Mcevoy

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:I personally think CJ gives a bit more to the team than both Mini & Eddy at this point, due to his extra yard of pace and his ability to apply forward pressure. I don't think RL will drop him as he excels in the areas that RL rates (tackling, forward pressure, all 1%ers
Gee, I think the idea that CJ "excels" in anything is a bit over the top.

Also, I think those posters who go on and on about how CJ's disposal has improved must bear in mind that it has gone from being a total embarassment to being about as good as you would expect from the average 15 year old midfielder: that is, he can now deliver slow kicks to the chests of unmarked players. BJ he ain't.

He is, and will remain, a good backup player. But - unless (as has just happened) the coach is sending top flight players to the VFL to make a point - the idea of CJ ever winning a spot on the basis of form/talent ahead of players like Dal or Milne is simply laughable.

Think about Geelong's game against the Eagles on Saturday night. If you close your eyes, you can just imagine a Dempster or Birss or perhaps even a Geary or a Gwilt running around as part of that performance. But a CJ?? Never.
Now anybody who is seeking some sort of enlightenment about Clinton Jones and whether or not he is capable of playing at this level, can you please read the above post.

He is a back-up. Limited footskills and reasonable pace does not make an AFL players. That he has blonde hair does not make him any faster.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sax
Club Player

Why drop Charlie? He was BOG against Sydney & was nowhere near our worst against Freo.
He takes pressure off Riewoldt by playing a lead up role so Roo can do what he did Friday night!

Two changes this week I think
Out: Hayes, Geary
In: Dal Santo, Milne.