Official Teams ROUND 17 Vs West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Fine and 18

Bring back the Lockett era
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am pretty sure Gards will spend a bit of time at FF.......he might not kick a bag (infact even if he is 20m out he will be a long shot) but he will mnster his opponent, and bring the long bombs to ground, where
Schnieds, Milne, CJ, Dal etc will do the damage....his job will be to provide a target..

Roo will rest at FF aswell for periods.......rotating between FF and CHF....expect him to kick 5-8 goals

Batnoe

Goddard to FF

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

To keep the winning 'structure', I don't think there will be too many tweaks, except that Gardiner may play more time in the ruck than Kosi did.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:I'm shocked!!!

Is this the shortest ever thread about team selection ever?

Only 1 change. No arguments, no abuse.

No one complaining that Geary wasn't selected... or the Fiora was.

Wow. I'm impressed :lol:
Thats what happens with 4 wins on the trott and a very winnable game comming up!

SELECTION THAUGHTS

Gardi, Blake, Goddard and Rooey will all rotate through FF

Glass and Kennedy missing is HUGE for both sides

Just because the team is selected that way doesnt mean it will line up that way

I would expect to see Gram and Blake get a run in the midfield for at least 1/4 of the game

Reiwoldt could kick 6-7 goals

Finally, this game is not in the bag by any streatch, West Coast could EASILY roll us unless we come out 100% committed

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:would feel a bit better with another recognised marking forward this week
Yes that was my initial thoughts too...
Say give Allen another game.....

BUT think thinking on it more , I have swapped to more of now building towards this years finals as being the priority....over developing a future player, but who is not really up to it this year.

IF Kosi or Roo miss a finals games...I would suspect that RL will wheel out the GTrain rather than Allen. The GTrain may be past his best but in this years finals an arthritic (but well rested) GTrain would most likely contribute more than a developing Allen in terms of this year.

Kosi will be an automatic in next week and I would imagine that when fully fit that Lyon will revert to most of the rucking being by King and Gardi with Kosi mainly playing forward.

To have brought say Allen, or Charlie, in fora game would have meant leaving out say a mid in Fiora and Eddy this week. Mini would seem to have emerged as our current favoured tagging option.

Both are certainly possibles for finals footy and IF Fiora can recover his 2007 form it wil be an asset. Dropping Fior this week may have seen his confidence drop and Fiora sink.

Playing him two games in a row should lift his confidence and in particular on a ground that should suit his abilities. this gives him a chance to strut his stuff and put his hand up for regular spot. But it has to be earnt.

Eddy too gets another chance to shine, and he also with his great endurance and running ability is well suited to the big ground we play on this week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Methinks that from now on, any changes will be forced changes, as we seek to have a stable 22 leading into the finals.

So unless there is pressure from below, I can't see Birss, Geary etc getting a game, unless on merit.

Which is a good place to be.. methinks :D

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.