Grams Kicking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:cost us at least 3 goals last night with poor kicking or decision making, he's a real worry at the moment
May have found a new candidate for your avatar.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
meher baba wrote:Gee, you guys are tough markers. Grammy has been in the thick of things in all 4 games, and has got his hands on a s#@tload of the ball.
Getting your hands on the ball means nothing if you turn it over.
I'd rather the problem of working with someone getting heaps of it with some poor disposals than a player with heaps of skill that can't get the ball.

savatage
SS Life Member

His kicking has been s***. I don't know how else you can really put it.

That's not a personal attack, it's just fact.

Here's hoping he stops going for the long blaze when it's not warranted & spots up targets in the forward 50. If he improves his kicking & kicking decisions then he will be playing far more effective football.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
meher baba wrote:Gee, you guys are tough markers. Grammy has been in the thick of things in all 4 games, and has got his hands on a s#@tload of the ball.
I'd rather the problem of working with someone getting heaps of it with some poor disposals than a player with heaps of skill that can't get the ball.
So, you want Rhys Palmer playing for the Saints?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
So, you want Rhys Palmer playing for the Saints?
Over a player who may have good speed and skills but not able get much of the ball like say Brad Howard? Definitely any day.

send out the runner
Club Player

Re: Grams Kicking

[quote="animalenclosure"]Is it me or does "Ounce" make a drop punt look like a capricosa pizza. His kicking IMO is a below what we have come to expect from him. I also feel as good as a outside player as he is, his inside game is ordinary. I feel sometimes he would rather come off the ground with a "twisted sock" then get the hard ball. This is where I get annoyed at the CJ detractors & McQuater detractors. If the foot skills are are on par, Cj & Mini would eclipse Ounce of the inside & outside parts of their games on the whole. Yes, gram can kick the 50m goal but I've seen plenty this year that have not been close.[/quote]

This from animalenclosure September last year......I agree with you, and with regard to CJ and Mini they have improved OUT OF SIGHT compared to "Ounce".
Admitting Mini has fallen away a little in the last couple of weeks but he is fighting every week. Fundimentally two players have moved forward, one has stagnated.......you choose