Warnock tells Freo he is off back to Melb.OFFICIAL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

suss
Club Player

I don't think much of Warnock...on the other hand there's a story in the Age today that David Mundy is leaving as well...he would be the better get IMO.

Red
Club Player

Warnock will be an excellent player in the future.

He's already better than the ruckmen we have at the moment.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if there is a reason that everyone at Freo seems to want out.

Would it be Mark Harvey wanting to "build" a side from the ground up? or something else. Anyone else find this weird or am I seeing a consiprancy that isnt there

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
goodie
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Going to be a very good player. Fast and has good ball skills for his height. Will end up at Melbourne for a second rounder as Freo know he could go in the PSD and Melbourne would get him for nothing.
Amd it only took about 20 posts.....Thank you plugger, now I kn0ow that there is at least one other on this planet of mine!
Add me to the Warnock Appreciation Society! Whoever gets him will be very fortunate. I'd consider our 2nd round pick... Ross has already said that he will draft another ruckman.
We've got McEvoy, Haretaku and LVR already, with Blake McGrath coming in at the end of the year. Ruck should be our lowest priority.

And we wouldn't get him for a 2nd round, would have to be a 1st which would be an in-cuh-redibly bad move

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Well the good news is for those wanting Kerr...is that will chew up a draft pick....
You honestly think Warnock would be selected before Kerr? :shock:
Some clubs will want a ruckman more....particularly when you consider what each would cost in trades. Warbock would cost less in trades/draft picks.

ie With the Blues..Warnock would compliment their midfield very very well...and would make quitea difference to them.

Warnock would also cost the Blues a lot less than Kerr.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Geezer wrote:i think he's saying that a draft pick somewhere up the top 10 will be used in a warnock trade and therefore unable to be used to grab kerr.

maybe a threeway deal might happen involving kerr warnock and a bag of picks.

it'd gonna be a case of domino effect this year.
kerr moves . . . . . then everything falls into place behind it.
What I am saying is that Kerr would require say two draft picks in the first two rounds....

Warnock would require (unless it is a player swap) at least one draft pick in the first two rounds.

So if a club secures Warnock it most likely would knock them out of the Kerr race.

The Blues would for example have to decide between Warnock and Kerr( and yes Wranock would cost less trade wise).

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:Melbourne can get him for nothing in the preseason draft
They can....which is what Freo will try and do a deal.

Warnock is evidently not leaving with bad blood....and so will want a deal.

But if Warnook prefers the Dees...it may mean that Freo have to accept a low price. In the Dees favour is that Warnook's brother is at the Dees already...plus their second round pick is lower than the Blues.

However don't undersetimate the power of the paper bags stuffed with cash that I would guess that Pratt is about to start hurling Wranock's way.

They "bought" Judd.... (preferred club my arse!!!!!...it was the money via the sham jon with VisyBoard...)...and they will most likely look now to "buy" Warnook.

Richter
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Going to be a very good player. Fast and has good ball skills for his height. Will end up at Melbourne for a second rounder as Freo know he could go in the PSD and Melbourne would get him for nothing.
Amd it only took about 20 posts.....Thank you plugger, now I kn0ow that there is at least one other on this planet of mine!
Doesn't his brother play for Melbourne? And he's already been talking to the Demons.

Why should Melbourne offer anything? He's uncontracted and can refuse any trade so then Melbourne would pick him up no.1 PSD.

Only reason Melbourne would offer Freo anything is if they want to use their no.1 PSD pick for someone else.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Doesn't his brother play for Melbourne? And he's already been talking to the Demons.

Why should Melbourne offer anything? He's uncontracted and can refuse any trade so then Melbourne would pick him up no.1 PSD.

Only reason Melbourne would offer Freo anything is if they want to use their no.1 PSD pick for someone else.
Some clubs do a token trade even though they can get them in the PSD for goodwill.

Richter
SS Life Member

I hear you Plugger but I wouldn't say that Melbourne's 2nd round pick is a "token" - 3rd round perhaps..... anyhow we'll see in a couple of months time.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

Indeed.....but I am sure will "suddenly" find that he has some amazing yet unknown skills that warrant him landing a high paying job at Visy......a bit like their current Sustainabily Ambassador,,,,which evidently Judd was "amazingly" qualified for.

The Blues have long believed that you buy Premierships....and they are out to buy one again....or rather Pratt is.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Be interesting to see the price.

I agree Carlton will offer their second round pick, but it might not be enough.

I suspect someone will offer a top-20 pick.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Some clubs do a token trade even though they can get them in the PSD for goodwill.
Melbourne can offer Yze/White as trade bait for him.

Given Freo's history I'm sure tehy'd jump at either of those.

The only negative to this is that neither Yze or White have ever played for Essendon. If they had then it would be a done deal.

MACEwasACE
Club Player

Geezer wrote:how highly do ppl here rate Warnock ?

he's an average tall in an overrated side .

ive noticed that players who look good in the freo system have a hard time elsewhere.
all one way players - and only when they have the ball.
Heath Black was pretty handy.

Recon we missed his hardness at the ball and ability to run through the lines in the past few years.

IF It is to be it is up to me.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

dont get mundy either

why do we need another tallish flanker who isn't too pacy???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Beekay
SS Life Member

And can't kick goals.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

According todays report...Warnook is off to the Blues.

I told you that paper bags count.

Morons on SEN at the moment talking about how players are attracted to the Blues beacuse of how great the Club is run..

PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It is Pratt's MONEY!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

ANd according to the Herald Sun, Carlton have gone cool on recruiting Kerr, who would need two top ten draft picks to get him over the line.

Chris Judd last night said that 'Kerry is staying at West Coast'.

As for Warnock, only know what I have read about him, haven't seen him play first hand, or if I have I don't remember him.

He was always going to want to leave being from Melbourne and trying to get a gig up against a forty storey building as their first ruck option.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:ANd according to the Herald Sun, Carlton have gone cool on recruiting Kerr, who would need two top ten draft picks to get him over the line.

Chris Judd last night said that 'Kerry is staying at West Coast'.

As for Warnock, only know what I have read about him, haven't seen him play first hand, or if I have I don't remember him.

He was always going to want to leave being from Melbourne and trying to get a gig up against a forty storey building as their first ruck option.
Even though Warnook is no where near the player that Kerr is...and probably will never be....Warnook is a much better fit for them.

The Blues already havea lot of quality mids.....

But in the ruik they might find with Kruzer that they have another Kosi...That is a player who is not quite a ruckman...and not quitea forward....but asa No 2 to Warnook as the No 1 ruck he is a good utility fit.

As I posted earlier Warnook being off to the Blues is good for Saints in terms of Keer if he is available as it possibly removes them from the race for Kerr..as you would imagine that Warnook will require the Blues second pick....plus a bit.

Freo will not be too displeased given the circumstances as it means that Melbourne will not get him in the PSD.

However with the Saints and Kerr....we would still seem to lack enough in picks to secdure him...and using Dal to get him would seem to me to not really be achiving a lift in quality in the overall team, even if Kerr is clearly a better player.