Level 2 have to be Social members?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I know it makes it hard for some financially, but they are trying to cater to the normal supporters by pushing out a chunk of the corporate by being able to add more members to Level 2 and that is going to come at an extra cost unfortunately. As Level 2 is classed as the 'premium' reserved seats, perhaps some of you could look at changing your reserved seats to Level 1 or Level 3 if it makes it more cost effective for you? Also, don't forget you have the pay by the month option over an 11 month period that may be able to make it more affordable for you.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it and was happy to upgrade to Social Club as I was planning to anyway. Also happy that I don't have to hike all the way across to the victory room and then back to level 2 after a meal. Really happy about the new social club on level 2. Also, it was getting harder and harder to get a seat in the victory room on level 1, so now more of us will be able to enjoy a meal without having to fight for a seat.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

how much do they charge for a meal?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:how much do they charge for a meal?
GOod point Firey...would be intersesting to see how the prices in the new "Level 2" SC compare to the Victory Room. The way its worded in the brochure, it does seem that they are catering for the Saints fan who's not fussed if he sits "behind glass" to watch the game, so long as the food is nice

...and yes, it is creating a 2-tier Social Club by not allowing the "riff raff" SC members to enter that level 2 facility

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
GOod point Firey...would be intersesting to see how the prices in the new "Level 2" SC compare to the Victory Room. The way its worded in the brochure, it does seem that they are catering for the Saints fan who's not fussed if he sits "behind glass" to watch the game, so long as the food is nice

...and yes, it is creating a 2-tier Social Club by not allowing the "riff raff" SC members to enter that level 2 facility
So SC members who DON'T have Reserved seats on L2 won't be able to access that SC area? Even though it will be a STKFC SC area?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

So SC members who DON'T have Reserved seats on L2 won't be able to access that SC area? Even though it will be a STKFC SC area?
99.99999999999999999999999% sure thats correct Iceman..the title "Level 2 reserved seat Social Club" kinda confirms it I reckon

AS soneone said, it seems to be the sweetener to upgrade to SC membership and sit there

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
noblejohn
Club Player

you cannot get into L2 area unless you have a membership/reserved seating with level 2 printed on your card and i assume that this new area is accessible only from that area

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Thanks guys, didn't realise they were going to make it as exclusive as Medallion etc.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

You can hardly blame the St Kilda Football Club for it being compulsory to have Level 2 reserved seats to get into Level 2. This is standard practice for all clubs. Take the issue up with Etihad management. It has nothing to do with elitism. Me thinks a few posters in this thread have a chip on their shoulder.

The bottom line is that if you pay for Level 2 reserved seats, you can access the dining in that area. Simple. Don't make an big issue out of nothing. They are simply offering dining facilities on Level 2. End of story.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:You can hardly blame the St Kilda Football Club for it being compulsory to have Level 2 reserved seats to get into Level 2. This is standard practice for all clubs. Take the issue up with Etihad management. It has nothing to do with elitism. Me thinks a few posters in this thread have a chip on their shoulder.

The bottom line is that if you pay for Level 2 reserved seats, you can access the dining in that area. Simple. Don't make an big issue out of nothing. They are simply offering dining facilities on Level 2. End of story.
WTF?

I was asking if, because it was going to be a STKFC SC area, whether all SC members would have access to it.

No chips here pal.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:You can hardly blame the St Kilda Football Club for it being compulsory to have Level 2 reserved seats to get into Level 2. This is standard practice for all clubs. Take the issue up with Etihad management. It has nothing to do with elitism. Me thinks a few posters in this thread have a chip on their shoulder.

what if I don't care for the dining facilities but want to keep my seat?
To me, that is a big issue.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thats all fine and good, but its being marketed as a SC area..albeit a Level 2 Social Club area..hence the talk of a 2-tier system

I'm welcome in the Victory Room even though I never sit in the SC area on Level 1

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Iceman234 wrote:Thanks guys, didn't realise they were going to make it as exclusive as Medallion etc.
Your above quote leaves me with a different impression. 'THEY' (being St Kilda Football Club I would assume you were referring to) are not the ones who make the rules regarding access. I will say it again, take it up with Etihad Management. They make the rules. St Kilda Football Club has no say in it.

For those who have not been down to the Victory room, I would HIGHLY recommend the meal. The Chicken Parmy is to die for and the price is fantastic ($12 + free pot of beer or soft drink). Salad & rolls also available for free and there are usually 3 other dishes available on the day (fish & chips is usually always available on the menu as well). My only advice would be to get there early as the room fills up quickly.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't be bothered taking it up with anyone. I enjoy the Victory Room and my Level 1 seats.

Was purely wondering whether we, as SC members, would be able to access that SC area.

No big deal.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

HUGE mistake IMO...

In trying to boost Social Club members they have basically disregarded "loyal members" who have been with the Club for years and have paid decent money for the right to have a reserved seat on Level 2.

These members have sat next to each other for years and are no doubt comfortable with the group they sit next to.

The Club should continue to honour those members with reserved seats, that are not Social Club members.

Maybe the Club should just apply this rule for any new Social Club and existing Social Club members and leave members that have had their reserved seats for years alone

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:

Thats all fine and good, but its being marketed as a SC area..albeit a Level 2 Social Club area..hence the talk of a 2-tier system

I'm welcome in the Victory Room even though I never sit in the SC area on Level 1
FFS, can you not read? How is it the fault of St Kilda Football Club that you can't gain entry to the level 2 Social Club because you don't have seats on Level 2? TAKE IT UP WITH ETIHAD MANAGEMENT!!!! Put in a request that even though you don't have seats on Level 2, that you still want to be able to gain access to Level 2 Social Club.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

FFS, can you not read? How is it the fault of St Kilda Football Club that you can't gain entry to the level 2 Social Club because you don't have seats on Level 2? TAKE IT UP WITH ETIHAD MANAGEMENT!!!! Put in a request that even though you don't have seats on Level 2, that you still want to be able to gain access to Level 2 Social Club.
Are you from the club?

Nice defence of the indefencible you cabbage :roll: :roll:

I have a L2 reserve seat with a SC membership. The two people I sit with have a reserved L2 seat with no SC membership but are now being forced two spend an additional $250 to use the same seats they have used for five years.

This is not a stadium issue, it is a STKFC issue.

They can get farked. I will not renew my SC membership or renew my L2 reserved seat.

I will use the almost $400 I save on other entertainment.

This is tantamount to extortion and is just s.hitting on loyal supporters who have paid up to $600 a season for a membership.

Well you may be paid to defend these money grabbing parasites, but I and many others will vote with our feet and not give in to extortion and naked greed.

I will buy a standard membership for the minium cost. The STKFC under this new admin is a disgrace and so are the cabbages like you who defend them.

And they will be told by me when I ring the club on Monday.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Are you from the club?

I have a L2 reserve seat with a SC membership. The two people I sit with have a reserved L2 seat with no SC membership but are now being forced two spend an additional $250 to use the same seats they have used for five years.

They can get farked. I will not renew my SC membership or renew my L2 reserved seat.

This is tantamount to extortion and is just s.hitting on loyal supporters who have paid up to $600 a season for a membership.

Well you may be paid to defend these money grabbing parasites, but I and many others will vote with our feet and not give in to extortion and naked greed.

I will buy a standard membership for the minium cost. The STKFC under this new admin is a disgrace and so are the cabbages like you who defend them.

No, I do not work for the club you peanut. It is just common sense. Obviously something you will struggle with judging by 90% of your posts.

Go check out the membership prices of other clubs before you start belly aching too much. Collingwood charge $360 for a 11 game/social club membership. Their basic reserved seating is $170 and they don't have the privilege of sitting under cover like we do at Telstra/Etihad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Are you from the club?

No, I do not work for the club you peanut. It is just common sense. Obviously something you will struggle with judging by 90% of your posts.

Go check out the membership prices of other clubs before you start belly aching too much. Collingwood charge $360 for a 11 game/social club membership. Their basic reserved seating is $170 and they don't have the privilege of sitting under cover like we do at Telstra/Etihad.
Lets face it they have only put up the prices because the new board didnt realise how hard it was to make a profit. It is a grab for money because they showed a big loss this year and can only get worse next year. Even though most will not agree it proves how well the previous board at least managed finances.

JeffDunne

If the club are making SFA from reseved seating then I can understand why they would decide to do this. Ultimately it's a judgement call by management and the justification will be there if they can still sell all reserved seating plus increase the income generated.

That's not to say I disagree with those ticked off by the decision but it's been clear for some time that those prepared to pay get preferential treatment over those that have been loyal. That's life in the AFL.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
The "Real" riff-raff gather at Livewire pre-game anyway :roll: :wink: !!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Plugger66, I agree with you in regards to the fiscal management of the previous board. They did do a very good job and I was quite happy with their performance and was obviously one of the few that would have voted for them had it gotten to that point.

However, that said, they never injected the money required in to crucial areas, such as the football department, that desperately need it. Also, they had control in prosperous fiscal times. They have not had to face an economic downturn in the economy such as the one the current board faces. It will be interesting what sort of profit or loss we make next year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Plugger66, I agree with you in regards to the fiscal management of the previous board. They did do a very good job and I was quite happy with their performance and was obviously one of the few that would have voted for them had it gotten to that point.

However, that said, they never injected the money required in to crucial areas, such as the football department, that desperately need it. Also, they had control in prosperous fiscal times. They have not had to face an economic downturn in the economy such as the one the current board faces. It will be interesting what sort of profit or loss we make next year.
That is what really worries me. We look like losing 300k this year even though we won 400k for winning the night GF and that was before the economic downturn. They used some crap excuse regarding more money for the GT case but they budgeted for that last year. It is great they used more money for coaches but lets face it anyone could do that. They need to make sure we dont lose much if any money next year because it isnt a great time to be asking for help.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:Plugger66, I agree with you in regards to the fiscal management of the previous board. They did do a very good job and I was quite happy with their performance and was obviously one of the few that would have voted for them had it gotten to that point.

That is what really worries me. We look like losing 300k this year even though we won 400k for winning the night GF and that was before the economic downturn. They used some crap excuse regarding more money for the GT case but they budgeted for that last year. It is great they used more money for coaches but lets face it anyone could do that. They need to make sure we dont lose much if any money next year because it isnt a great time to be asking for help.
how about we wait for the club to realese the books before having a go at the current board.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

how about we wait for the club to realese the books before having a go at the current board.
Fair enough. Fancy anyone saying something on here that may not be exactly correct.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Meanwhile Hawthorn make a $4 million dollar profit!

The sooner these clowns get booted the better!

Butterss admin delivered 5 million dollar profits in a row and he was shown the door by opportunistic and disingenuous snakeoil salesmen cashing in on the fact we didn't make the finals in Lyon's first year and appealing to the throng of pre-ejaculaors so enamored by their cult of personality worship!
Sure the previous admin had their faults and flaws, made mistakes BUT nothing as stupid as relocating the club to Seaford and they didn't need to extort more money to cover their own arses for their fiscal mismanagement.

If AF isn't already worn out from wrestling with blowflies, can someone let him know he'd better be very rested up by the next AGM!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.