It's Finally Happened......Carlton has overtaken us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TassieJones
Club Player

No backline, 1 man forward line, overrated midfield, poor depth.

We dominate them in every aspect and will continue to.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Who will win a flag first Carlton or us?
Who has always been a more proud club and knows how to be successful?

I can't stand them as much as anyone but they are definitely climbing and unlike us don't waste opportunities when they get there.

Yes you can say they cheated and also bought players before salary caps when they were wealthy but as a club I still see them as more professional than us .

I just hope we are growing as a club and addressing the issues that has kept us from being able to go that final step (even when we've definately had the cattle to get there).

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Who cares?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:Who will win a flag first Carlton or us?

I can't stand them as much as anyone but they are definitely climbing and unlike us don't waste opportunities when they get there.

Yes you can say they cheated and also bought players before salary caps when they were wealthy but as a club I still see them as more professional than us .

I just hope we are growing as a club and addressing the issues that has kept us from being able to go that final step (even when we've definately had the cattle to get there).
The Fact that Hawthorn won a flag before us ....starting about five years behind us in planning and development......

Proves your point completely...

SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE IN ORDER FOR US TO GET THAT FLAG!! :evil:

IMO the players do not work HARD ENOUGH!!

They have to start taking responsibility!!

The fact that an 85 year old harvey was still able to snag brownlow votes this year, show how UNDERACHEIVING and OVERRATED many of our players really are. :evil:

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Who cares?
If you are not joking then please PISS OFF!!

Because YOU are exactly the type of ball and chain supporter which is holding us back from being successful... :evil:

If you are joking then please disregard :lol:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Really!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:

Because YOU are exactly the type of ball and chain supporter which is holding us back from being successful... :evil:

Why would I be joking? We have a silly thread with chicken littles worrying about something that is out of our control based on bettin odds, 5 months before the season starts.

Ball and chain? Holding the club back? Go back and re-read your comments. Now you want to prove that you have a bigger d!ck than mine?

Grow up... oh and why don't u p1ss off?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:Who will win a flag first Carlton or us?

The Fact that Hawthorn won a flag before us ....starting about five years behind us in planning and development......

Proves your point completely...

SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE IN ORDER FOR US TO GET THAT FLAG!! :evil:

IMO the players do not work HARD ENOUGH!!

They have to start taking responsibility!!
The fact that an 85 year old harvey was still able to snag brownlow votes this year, show how UNDERACHEIVING and OVERRATED many of our players really are. :evil:
Yes but why is that? As a group of players mentally they are no different to the hundreds of other guys in the other clubs. It has to be how they are programed and the environment they' re in.

And WJ42 who cares about what?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

Why would I be joking? We have a silly thread with chicken littles worrying about something that is out of our control based on bettin odds, 5 months before the season starts.

Ball and chain? Holding the club back? Go back and re-read your comments. Now you want to prove that you have a bigger d!ck than mine?

I Bet you're some middle aged, overweight, balding guy, who just isn't interested in rocking the boat IN CASE we might just be successful, because you are so used to losing :roll:

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

I'm dumbfounded by people who come into threads like this, use their time and energy to read all the replies and then go to the trouble of posting a reply saying "who cares" and how much of a stupid thread it is.

It has nothing to do with betting odds if you have the capacity to see further I'ts about clubs in some peoples opinion being better than ours and why which IMO does have significance.

So if it has absolutely no meaning to you rather than be an idiot and give a pointless smart arse remark go and read the threads with more substance like "whats going to happen to Brad Howard " or "how are we going to go with pick 87".

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

I'm dumbfounded by people who come into threads like this, use their time and energy to read all the replies and then go to the trouble of posting a reply saying "who cares" and how much of a stupid thread it is.

It has nothing to do with betting odds if you have the capacity to see further I'ts about clubs in some peoples opinion being better than ours and why which IMO does have significance.

So if it has absolutely no meaning to you rather than be an idiot and give a pointless smart arse remark go and read the threads with more substance like "whats going to happen to Brad Howard " or "how are we going to go with pick 87".
Spot on, Winmar , Spot on!!

Saintschampions08
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:They may make the 8 if they have no major injuries, but they are no closer to a premiership than we are, I'd even say we are closer to it than they are right now.

Have you noticed how Fevola struggles against good full backs, can't get a kick against Max, Scarlett or Fletcher.

There defence is suspect and have no ruck division, Kreuzer is a long way from being a dominate ruckman.
Have you seen him play? He kicked 8 & 7 against Essendon. Both Losing games.

He kicked 2 & 3 Against us...both losing games.

He kicked 3 in a 60 point loss to Geelong.

In a team that didn't even make the 8...he really didn't struggle too much against anyone.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

I Bet you're some middle aged, overweight, balding guy, who just isn't interested in rocking the boat IN CASE we might just be successful, because you are so used to losing :roll:
Well, u got the frst three correct :lol:

Loser? When you have 1/2 the succes I've had, son... come talk to me.

Until then, lay off the personal abuse.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Saintschampions08 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:They may make the 8 if they have no major injuries, but they are no closer to a premiership than we are, I'd even say we are closer to it than they are right now.

Have you noticed how Fevola struggles against good full backs, can't get a kick against Max, Scarlett or Fletcher.

There defence is suspect and have no ruck division, Kreuzer is a long way from being a dominate ruckman.
Have you seen him play? He kicked 8 & 7 against Essendon. Both Losing games.

He kicked 2 & 3 Against us...both losing games.

He kicked 3 in a 60 point loss to Geelong.

In a team that didn't even make the 8...he really didn't struggle too much against anyone.
I couldn't think of anything worse than having him up forward with Roo in a St Kilda Jumper. :shock: :shock: :shock:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Winmar7Fan wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

The thread states emphatically that Carlton has overtaken us. Where's the facts? And who asked you to buy into an argument between the op and myself?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

Well, u got the frst three correct :lol:

Loser? When you have 1/2 the succes I've had, son... come talk to me.

Until then, lay off the personal abuse.
You don't know ANYTHING about me :lol:

YOU? Successful???? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kezza
Club Player

Do you mean Fletcher from Essendon? Fev kicked 15 goals against Essendon this year.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

This year is the first time since 2004 I will not be supremely confident that we will beat Carlton.

Their midfield is better than ours (Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Scotland, Gibbs. Simpson, Walker, Carazzo, Houlihan plus lots of kids pushing for a game), their forward line is dangerous (only with Max in top form can we keep them in check) and their defence mathes up well against our forwards.

Waite is the perfect match up for Riewoldt, Thornton is good enough to beat Kosi and then Jamison can take any other talls. Milney still manages to cut them up regularly but might struggle if the supply is reduced.

This year I think it will be very close between us, but in 2010 I can't see us keeping up.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

OMG OMG

the blues have won the 2009 flag.....

are we any chance against this PROFESSIONAL club.... hell they need to give every team a 5 goal headstart to be fair....

seriously guys this is up there with people calling the board gutless for not answering the clubs phones the next day as the stupidist posts and threads.....

anyone putting money on the flag for next year are either stupid or like to wait a long time to lose their money..... :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

The thread states emphatically that Carlton has overtaken us. Where's the facts? And who asked you to buy into an argument between the op and myself?[/quote]

Because it was directly below my comment.

It doesn't matter what the thread states the opinions of the replies were about where Carlton are as a club and their level compared to us and because it doesn't have relevance to you, you had to unprovokably have a shot at someone.

What you don't realise is people who don't know you on here can only judge from comments like that and it shows poor character.

As for your comment of being successful that depends on what your definition of being successful is. IMO being poor and happy in life is more successful than being wealthy and not.

I'm sure Kerry Packer would give anything to swap places with tweeddaletomanning at the moment.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its pretty simple really

Some nuffy Blues fan has stuck a pile on them to win the flag..so they shorten the odds....Page 1 of "Being a bookie for Dummies" :-)

The answer is simple. One of you self-made squllionaires stop bickering on here and go stick a few large on US to win the flag..our odds shorten and we can lock this pointless thread ;-)!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Why the fascination with Carlton?

JeffDunne

Moccha wrote:Why the fascination with Carlton?
Because many AFL supporters now think that all you need to do to be successful is get a bunch of early picks and just add water.

It's way so many of our supporters (and previous president) now feel dudded.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Pilgram"][quote="JeffDunne"]Don't kid yourself, Carlton are a Judd injury away for yet another bottom 3 finish.[/quote]

his groin is technically shaky and has been since the operation.[/quote]

Rebecca Twigley told me the same thing but she still loves him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Why the fascination with Carlton?
Always keep your eyes on a cheat.