WB VS STK SCORES

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Good to win, hope no injurys

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

It's hard to comment without seeing a single second of the game but it is good to see Bally doing well... Shame Kosi still can't convert :evil: :evil:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:It's hard to comment without seeing a single second of the game but it is good to see Bally doing well... Shame Kosi still can't convert :evil: :evil:
Agreed, I just wonder if he does extra work after official training in goal kicking practice.

If not, he bloody well should

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sam23
SS Life Member

I've been to training 3 times and Koschitzke re-appeared out of the rooms about 30 minutes later with a coach for goal kicking 2 of the 3 times.

Goddard.
saintly_safes
Club Player

Any win is a good win especially againts a good side like the bullies. I think the fact that Kosi is getting plenty of the footy is a good sign & hopefully when the whips start cracking & the real season begins he will start to nail a few goals . I think its a confidence thing with Kosi & imo he will prove a few people wrong this year.However I totally understand your frustration.cheers saintly_safes :wink:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

yeh nah. Just happy to get the 4 points.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:I've been to training 3 times and Koschitzke re-appeared out of the rooms about 30 minutes later with a coach for goal kicking 2 of the 3 times.
Thanks Sam.

It's just a pity he gets the yips in a match

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HarveysDeciple

If reports are right that Bally was BOG then that's good news.

Also hope no injuries

ashjam
Club Player

I went for the second half only but will give an update.

Farren Ray close to BOG for last half.
Goddard and Sam Fisher are in our best 3 at the club.
Luke Ball was gutsy and tried hard...his kicking is terrible.
Kosi tried hard and did ok...although very windy and hard for marking players.
Sam Gilbert is very good.
Lenny was Lenny.
Bakes was there and toughens us up took Gia out of game completely.
Little Ross (No.50) is definitely going to be a player and is already a favourite of the crowd.
Nick Heyne did one very special thing and will be a very good player.
Jack Steven is good.
Very disappointed in what I saw of Tom Lynch...runs with floppy hands which is a terrible sign.
Geary was impressive today and I have never rated him highly.
X was dashing off half back and looks fit.
Zav Dawson actually played quite well which was a surprise.
Gram and Montagna hardly played at all but both looked good.
Eljay Connors will be an AFL player and is very similar to what Matthew Lappin was.
All senior players did their bit, Dal, L.Fisher, King and Gardiner,

Overall:
We look fit and are very disciplined and well coached.
We need some quality forwards still.
Our tackling and intensity was much better.
Bulldogs were awful and their kicking was atrocious.
Very scrappy game in hot windy conditions.
We dominated the second half so much it was like a 10 goal win but we didn't put it on the scoreboard.
Am very concerned and upset what I saw of Tom Lynch and am still staggered we would not have taken Mitch Robinson (who went pick No.40) with our first pick.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Floppy hands! :shock:

Get rid of him immediately, we don't need a SOS in our team.

Anyways...thanks for the report, very encouraging news.

However, reality aside, I'm sure there's some excuse for us not losing, being the most apalling team on the planet. If only we'd recruited Ben Cousins. :wink:

:|

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Saw the whole game.
Very scrappy in very trying conditions, Hot and windy, for those that haven't been to this s*** heap lately, they have torn down the old social club grandstand behind the goals so there was a gusty wind blowing in from the gaping hole.

Saints were very hard at it, hard to believe it was the same team that couldnt lay a tackle against the Lions. Ball was fantastic, back to his best, ran and carried kicked two nice goals and did all the hard in and under stuff that you would expect, Goddard and S. Fisher are elite. Great to see Bakes back, his tackling was a feature.

Luke Miles must be promoted soon, he is super quick for his height and was in our best 6.

Mini was good typical in and under stuff.
Very disappointed in what I saw of Tom Lynch...runs with floppy hands which is a terrible sign.
Totally disagree with this statement, this kid can play and he will be a star
is very quick for a key forward but more importantly, does the right thing all the time. One instance in the 2nd quarter he was drifting into the forward line with his man right up his clacker. The ball was kicked in to the danger zone around 20 metres from goal, Luke Ball had to sit under it for an age. Lynch's first reaction was to look around for his man and put a sensational block in just before the bloke had the chance to polax Bally. He also runs to the right spots and leads up constantly. His forward pressure was also excellent.

Kosi looks in for a big year if he stays on the park

Special mention to Gardiner. Haven't seen him move this well in years. Was fantastic him and Kingy dominated the ruck.

saintly_safes
Club Player

degruch wrote:Floppy hands! :shock:

However, reality aside, I'm sure there's some excuse for us not losing, being the most apalling team on the planet. If only we'd recruited Ben Cousins. :wink:

Your a naughty naughty boy :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:
Eljay Connors will be an AFL player and is very similar to what Matthew Lappin was.

thanks for the report and the comment on ej

i was at the gold coast match and was struggling to remember who he reminded me of with his quick hands and natural football ability.......you are spot on with the comparison to skinny lappin......spot on.......the kid can certainly pla...... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by stinger on Fri 27 Feb 2009 8:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:Very disappointed in what I saw of Tom Lynch...runs with floppy hands which is a terrible sign..
and a 'ranga to boot.

surely you cannot write him off on one view. he's a big guy and they tend to be slower bloomers.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 27 Feb 2009 8:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

21 scoring shots to 10 would indicate a most one sided match. What was happening? We've heard who got kicks and who didn't, but what was the reason for the result, game plan wise? And in that respect, I note we won with 8 goals. Boring!!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

and a 'ranga!

surely you cannot write him off on one view. he's a big guy and they tend to be slower bloomers.
:lol: Hehe...I didn't see him at all, just going on the report above. I just thought it was a funny observation, but SOS was as floppy as a rag doll, and a sensational player to boot.

Not sure how Geelong missed picking up another ranga!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

and a 'ranga!

:lol: Hehe...I didn't see him at all, just going on the report above. I just thought it was a funny observation, but SOS was as floppy as a rag doll, and a sensational player to boot.

Not sure how Geelong missed picking up another ranga!
yeah sorry. meant to aim it at ashjam, not you.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:

Your a naughty naughty boy :wink:
I know...I shouldn't tease the animals. :D

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like we are having a good pre-season.

Great to hear Bally did well and Bakes being Bakes.

These two guys are grunt something we have missed more than the much envied "leg speed"

Good to hear Bally is kicking goals also as this is something we desperately need (goal kicking midfielders). If my memory serves me correctly Bakes bobs up occasionaly with a goal too so let's hope we get full seasons out of these guys. Add to that a full season from Kosi, Xman and Maxy and then one or two fringe players also pulling rabbits outa the hat and presto...equals possibly a good year coming up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
ashjam wrote:

thanks for the report and the comment on ej

i was at the gold coast match and was struggling to remember who he reminded me of with his quick hands and natural football ability.......you are spot on with the comparison to skinny lappin......spot on.......the kid can certainly pla...... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Looks a lot like Lappin but may have even more skill than him but does miss one thing Lappin had which was a great mark.

kp83
Club Player

ashjam wrote:Very disappointed in what I saw of Tom Lynch...runs with floppy hands which is a terrible sign.
What does this mean? Is there any other logical reason you have written off a young kid in his 1st pre-season game for us?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Watched the whole game bar the first 10 minutes or so. Didn't take notes (like EM AGM summary - cheers) and it was difficult to make out the play on the opposite side of the ground, but I will attempt my best. The players were rotating on and off the bench at least twice a quarter making it difficult to obtain a fair idea of how long each player was on the ground for. Will only comment on the new/young players and those were the ones I concentrated on the most. Bar some of the exceptions detailed following, we know what to expect from the senior players at this stage.

1: Alright game. Sometimes tried to do too much with the ball and got caught. Looked smooth with confidence though. Played on the wing and in the middle for the majority which was a pleasing sign.

3: Looking quite fit. Missed a few targets/took bad options with the feet.

6: Fair game. His limited amount of possessions were effective.

10: Looking fit. Laid some good tackles.

15: Played well in the ruck. Covered ground and looked extremely fit for a man of his size. Took two excellent contested marks of note and was really getting into the game. Ruck work was superb.

17: Did some good things. Seems fit and gets to contests.

19: His body is looking stronger and stronger each time I see him. Played forward which is definitely not his natural position. Will take a step up this year in defence.

21: Very impressed with what I have seen of Nick. Strong body, one that seem ready for AFL and contests well in one-on-one situations. Kicking was a bit rushed at times, but hopefully will develop as he adjusts to the speed of the game. Strong overhead.

22: Had plenty of the ball. Handballs a lot though - seems as if he isn't confident kicking. Played well.

23: Didn't do much. Looks fit though.

29: Got a few touches and did some nice things. Not enough to pass judgment on though yet.

34: Played well. Extremely pleased with his game. Seems a natural footballer, finding space and reading the play well.

42: Gets into the game in terms of possessions. Needs to use his body more while in packs and on the same note find more space. Seems to always rush his kicks, kicking long to contested situations.

43: Stood up well in contested situations. Hard hit on Higgins in the second quarter. It was as if Higgins ran into a brick wall, very surprised with Zac's solid footing.

Overall Nutshell - I think things are looking promising!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I was at the game too, thought Lynch showed promise, especially as he showed a bit of agro towards the Bulldogs.

There were pleasing signs, especially the tackling, we actually chased the bulldogs down and tackled hard.

Disappointing were some of the dead set easy goals missed, should have won by 7 or 8 goals.

Agreed Luke Ball was BOG, Gilbert was very good and so was Gardiner, who took some great strong marks.

X and bakes also showed good signs and no injuries.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Thanks spinner...

Question for you and anyone else there...

What were some of the match ups?

Who was Gardiner up against in the ruck?

Who was Baker against...?

and so forth...

Just wondering

kp83
Club Player

Did Goose play? If yes how'd he go?

Cheers.