Handling Fee on Social Club Tickets?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:This was queriod with the saints Membership Department.

This is their reply:

Ticketmaster have now incorporated a $5.50 handling fee for online purchases. This year to avoid the handling fee, you must book a ticket at an outlet.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Shouldn't it be the OTHER way around - charge for face-to-face help, doing it via the Internet (self-serve) is free?

How very odd.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

I paid the Ticketfast handling fee when purchasing an online ticket TicketRipOffMerchants for Level 1 Social Club seats for as long as I can remember - definitely it was all last season.

The other alternative was to wait until the day/night and get your ticket at the Dome - and no booking fee was then charge, just a straight scan of the membership and a ticket then issued.

I guess their arguement is that a secure website actually does cost money to run....

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Banger2Plugger wrote:

I guess their arguement is that a secure website actually does cost money to run....
They are already charginga booking fee....and an oulet is not free to run either.

I think it is just more likely that most of us have switched to buying on-line now....so that they reckon we are easy meat to be slugged.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 27 Mar 2009 11:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This is an out and out disgrace.

Seriously you get a 'handling' fee for online and no handling fee to go to an outlet to have a staff member search and retrieve your ticket for you....aka....handle.

Worlds gone mad.

As SR says - its all about the lure....once the convenience of the web kicks in..........they expect us suckers to simply part with the cash for the privilege.....

“Yeah….nah””
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Banger2Plugger wrote:I paid the Ticketfast handling fee when purchasing an online ticket TicketRipOffMerchants for Level 1 Social Club seats for as long as I can remember - definitely it was all last season.

The other alternative was to wait until the day/night and get your ticket at the Dome - and no booking fee was then charge, just a straight scan of the membership and a ticket then issued.

They didn't charge it last year and have stated they are now charging it in 2009, due to
Ticketmaster transaction fees are contractual between Ticketmaster and the venue. As such unfortunately, fee prices cannot be revisited.