posters be polite

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think we should endeavor to preserve the sanctity of the internet as the safe, nurturing and wholesome environment for young malleable minds that it has always been.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I think we should endeavor to preserve the sanctity of the internet as the safe, nurturing and wholesome environment for young malleable minds that it has always been.
Yeah.

GrumpyOne

fingers wrote:
markp wrote:I think we should endeavor to preserve the sanctity of the internet as the safe, nurturing and wholesome environment for young malleable minds that it has always been.
Yeah.
Meanwhile, back to www.hugegreatknockers.com

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Agree with the thread subject.

Have often been annoyed and disappointed when some people have severely jumped on what is obviously a young poster for most heinous crimes of bad grammer or not enough fullstops etc etc blah blah blah :x

Have young daughters and understand that a negative response can cause some considerable angst and can kill instantly the ethusiasm of the next wave of young saints at saintsational

Think about it before you come down on a new poster or any poster for that matter ....

Good call Terry.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:...a negative response can cause some considerable angst and can kill instantly the ethusiasm of the next wave of young saints at saintsational.
But I thought I was the next generation of young Saints at Saintsational??? Grumpy, opinionated and almost middle aged, I'm a veritable poster boy!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
Yeah.
Meanwhile, back to www.hugegreatknockers.com
damn it GO, that link doesn't work.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

saintnat wrote:i
i know some posters hate me like santbrat because she never replies to me, and some posyters like to make fun of me.
Woah! Are you serious?

Saintbrat's one of the most gracious and considerate posters here - I've no idea of what replies you would be seeking but in terms of non-judgmental people she'ld be close to the top of the list here!

As for making fun - after a while it comes with the territory here. Justget a macro that spills out "Joffaboy's a tory*" in the general forum and you should win over half of the forum.

* not that there's anything wrong with that.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I'm thinking I've worked it out

the problem may be that I actually AGREE with most of Saintnat says
hence I have no reason to reply apart from saying- 'I agree'- and she has provided the sort of information that i could but it's great when someone else does-

and I know how some people dislike ( not hate) it when responses are just 'I agree'

I'm hoping that that saintnat can rre think the use of the word ''Hate"

I am actually more of a Pollyanna-- I'll look for the good and detest it when people dismiss others opinions and hound them out of discussions.
just because someone sees it differantly does not mean they are wrong.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree with the OP, I have noticed that too....and some posters are regular offenders.

I am in my late twenties, and yet some people on here still manage to make me feel really small at times.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well some people think they are all that, and it is sad that a selected few of adults think that or act like that.
When grumpyone made that comment about St Nat's spelling, i would of thought he would of been considerate enough to PM her and tell her, not write that in an open post

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Agree with the OP, I have noticed that too....and some posters are regular offenders.

I am in my late twenties, and yet some people on here still manage to make me feel really small at times.
WTF? oh FFS! Who are you accusing of being rude all the farking time eh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, some of us do get a bit carried away, but hopefully, we try to keep it 1 on 1 with our direct opponents.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

fat chance of that, some forumites here get away with direct, blatant racist remarks...

if u can't deal with stuff like that promptly despite the fact that it's clearly written in the rules, there n point asking ppl to be nice to the youngins

still, i guess thats the world's smallest violin i here playing just for me

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I used to get a bit weary of bad spelling and grammer from our younger posters, but more because I was sincerely hoping that their Year 12 essays werent being done the same way..or worse being done that may and given high marks!!

but...if I made a list of "posting styles that annoy me" that sort of thing would now sit well under a few other styles..fr instance..

"I played 3 games for a D grade Ammos side / coach my sons Under 9's team...so therefore I know far more about football than 98% of people here and will turn up my nose at anyone who disagrees with me"

"Anyone who says anything nice about any non-Saints player does not deserve to post here and should be bannned immediately"

"Its a free world with free speech, I can post anything I damn well like"

......and a few others I'm sure 8-)

Oh...and will also go into bat for Bratty..a total stalwart of this site, who until Saints Media came along, was often the only person who'd give us heads up on training times and media appearances!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
saintnat wrote: i know some posters hate me like santbrat because she never replies to me, and some posyters like to make fun of me.

:cry: :shock:
I was shocked aswell... In your defense you were probably busy replying to about another 12 topics at once so you were a little busy :lol: :roll:
:shock: :lol:

Hold your ground :shock:
GrumpyOne

clarky449 wrote:Well some people think they are all that, and it is sad that a selected few of adults think that or act like that.
When grumpyone made that comment about St Nat's spelling, i would of thought he would of been considerate enough to PM her and tell her, not write that in an open post
But I said it nicely........ well for me anyway. :wink:

Having two dyslexics in the family, I have learnt that you do them no favours ignoring their spelling. They prefer that someone told them what tools were available to fix it rather than them looking stupid to everyone.

Besides, once you pass 100 posts you need the hide of a Rhino to survive in this forum. :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Well some people think they are all that, and it is sad that a selected few of adults think that or act like that.
u are friggin kidding me........
:?: :?: :?:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: Besides, once you pass 100 posts you need the intelligence of a Rhino to survive in this forum. :roll:
Edited for accuracy.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Besides, once you pass 100 posts you need the hide of a Rhino to survive in this forum. :roll:
I know I'm certainly more stupid for the experience. Thanks everyone!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
saintnat wrote: i know some posters hate me like santbrat because she never replies to me, and some posyters like to make fun of me.

Yeah, she never replies to me either...god I hate her. Now, no negativity everyone...where's the 'puke' emoticon.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
degruch
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
degruch wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Yeah, she never replies to me either...god I hate her. Now, no negativity everyone...where's the 'puke' emoticon.
HAHA! :lol:

Love it. You're certainly proving a very handy poster today BAM!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

[quote="ohwhenthesaints!"I am in my late twenties, and yet some people on here still manage to make me feel really small at times.[/quote]

You're not the first to complain about that.

Boom tish. ;)

loris
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Agree with the OP, I have noticed that too....and some posters are regular offenders.

Well you look very tiny in your avatar....but you have a very winning smile :wink: :lol: :wink:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
degruch wrote:
HAHA! :lol:

Love it. You're certainly proving a very handy poster today BAM!

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I think this thread has merit.

Bullying is a major issue on this site.

For young kids, teenagers, or even adults who can't deal with 'conflict' very well, posting on here would generally be a very megative experience.

Cyber-bullying is a big problem, and it's rife here.

Grown men 'teaming up' and picking on other posters is to be frank - quite anti-social behaviour.

I can understand why some young kids would get upset. Those who are guilty of it should probably have a good, hard look at themselves.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:For young kids, teenagers, or even adults who can't deal with 'conflict' very well, posting on here would generally be a very megative experience.
MEGATIVE??? Is that like a really really bad experience?